No Community Events from World of Trucks for a long time?

Tripzter

No Community Events from World of Trucks for a long time?

#1 Post by Tripzter » 08 Jun 2022 02:55

I loved doing the Community Events from World of Trucks.. haven't seen any for like half a year now. World of Trucks? Please create some community events :*

Thanks
SLAVON 777

Re: No Community Events from World of Trucks for a long time?

#2 Post by SLAVON 777 » 08 Jun 2022 15:35

So that would be great. I support the idea.
alex03iun

#3 Post by alex03iun » 16 Jun 2022 20:43

SLAVON 777 wrote: 08 Jun 2022 15:35 So that would be great. I support the idea.
me too
rookie31st

#4 Post by rookie31st » 16 Jun 2022 22:53

I wonder if they are working on something bigger. Wishful thinking, probably.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
VirtualTruckTravels

#5 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 01 Jul 2022 14:44

WOTr today is, besides christmas deliveries, pretty much only used for markting gimmicky events like Crusing X state/country, Thrustmaster T248 launch, Corona Vaccine event (big virtue signalling) and probaly some more. Real events like Operation rebuild Genova Brigde, BigSur, Trade conncetions etc. is non-excisting anymore, sadly.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 14:48

Trade Connections was the same events as Cruising X just a different name, also ALL of them are just marketing, just as every blog post they make is marketing, that is the whole reason to do it, to market the game and get potential new players with events or interesting blog posts, it was never different
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VirtualTruckTravels

#7 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 01 Jul 2022 15:31

you can compare for yourself:
Crusing Iberia: look at the bottom and the whole paragraph about use the the social media tag #CrusingIberia, an event made for social media spread/marketing https://blog.scssoft.com/search?q=cruising+iberia
Trade connections Germany: no paragraph about tag our social media, an event for the community: https://blog.scssoft.com/2018/10/event- ... rmany.html
Trade connections Sweden: no paragraph about tag our social media, an event for the community: https://blog.scssoft.com/2018/03/event- ... weden.html
Trade Connection France: no paragraph about tag our social media, an event for the community, they do mention it is for the promotion of VLF DLC, but there is no "remember to tag us" paragraph: https://blog.scssoft.com/2017/08/trade- ... rance.html

the difference in these events is futher more is that Trade Connections is made as a fun community event, 10 delieveries to/from X country to/from 10 different countries vs. Cruising events where you have to visit ALL cities (Iberia 20 cities, still alot) within the map DLC, forcing it down the throats of the player along with the "tag us" paragraph screams marketing, people who participate has now seen pretty much all of the DLC within the first month of release making players crave the next map DLC for some new sceneries, and the circle repeats. there is a reason they has repeated the Cruising Events many times, because they work as intended for SCS.
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 15:58

nice, you yourself said SCS started in 2019 to go more the social media route and now you point out that events pre 2019 dont have much Social Media language in them, great find Sherlock :person_facepalming:

do it this way people complain, do it the other way people still complain, what should they do, hundreds of unique events for people just to cover every base ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JulioMasterBR

#9 Post by JulioMasterBR » 01 Jul 2022 22:35

SCS doesn't care about that. So much so that it's been years and WoTR is still in alpha! and zero content.
VirtualTruckTravels

#10 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 03 Jul 2022 04:56

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 01 Jul 2022 15:58 nice, you yourself said SCS started in 2019 to go more the social media route and now you point out that events pre 2019 dont have much Social Media language in them, great find Sherlock :person_facepalming:

do it this way people complain, do it the other way people still complain, what should they do, hundreds of unique events for people just to cover every base ?
You said to me trade connections were same as Cruising X event, then i prove your wrong and highlight at the same time that Scs took a route away from pleasing its players to pleasing their own marketing reach.
Based on your respone where you go from discussing the matter to go after me for providing facts to back Up my claims, shows that you lost the lost arguement, nice try though.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”