Jumping gears on real automatic doesn't work anymore [MOD]

abasstreppas

Jumping gears on real automatic doesn't work anymore [MOD]

#1 Post by abasstreppas » 01 Jul 2022 23:44

With the implementation of the "Smart Sequential Shifting" in 1.44 the jump gear function on real automatic stopped working. Now every gear is used, whereas before the game automatically jumped two gears on the bounce in lower gears when not needed. I consider this a serious bug as the majority of modern trucks uses automatic gearboxes. The truck accelerates slower and uses more fuel and it's particularly annoying for us which uses keyboard for throttle ;)

Tell the programmers to set this as high priority, please. I'm having problem enjoying the game as it is now. Only way to get some joy is taking longest possible trips on highways and avoiding towns :(

I know someone wrote about this in the ATS section a couple of weeks ago, but can't find it right now. I only played ETS2 a tiny bit after the 1.44 release and it isn't until now after playing again I reflected on the issue.

I have tried adjusting the low gears rpm range to a very narrow gap, but nothing helps.

If you need a game log from my modded game, just tell me. I can't see what that should do as this is a programming issue.

Cheers
Last edited by abasstreppas on 02 Jul 2022 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
abasstreppas

Re: Jumping gears on real automatic doesn't work anymore

#2 Post by abasstreppas » 02 Jul 2022 21:11

Ok, got it to work. I really needed to push the low RPM down to 900 on the Scania NGR 450 to get it to execute, using 1450 as top limit for low gears. It seems a bit more sensitive than before and my pre-1.44 settings didn't work anymore and that's why I thought it was some kind of bug. Sorry for the alarm :oops:

Return to “Bugs 1.44”