Why is ATS/ETS2 so badly optimized.

Sara

Re: Why is ATS/ETS2 so badly optimized.

#81 Post by Sara » 30 Jun 2022 13:16

My laptop came with a Ryzen CPU and I don't notice this. I mean, these are the specs for my laptop:

[ external image ]

I do sure get some framerate drops, but that is mostly because sometimes I would actually push the graphics way past the limits of what I would be doing some of the time instead of just putting it at the best optimization for the game.
Calibuddy99

#82 Post by Calibuddy99 » 03 Jul 2022 02:07

angrybirdseller wrote: 30 Jun 2022 05:23 Have no qualms using AMD or Nividia ethier one does well now 4k to 1080p both do well with any game. I was going to get 3080ti, but PSU would needed to be replaced which coat $200 dollars, and decided save $800 get AMD 6800XT as benchmarks were around 10% slower than 3080ti and 5% slower than 3080. Buying new PSU did not want to do that so AMD was better choice.

Ryzen CPU closed the gap with Intel where Intel has to sell some cpu at lost in mid market cpu range to compete.

Should pay attention to benchmarks and your wallet as well too.

Intel and AMD are both good and thier diminishing returns with cpu especially at high end. Would have no problems buying from both.
Well, I'm just one of those people who spends the money on upgrades. I also found out that Amd has driver problems with some of their cards as well. Which, I have always been Green team for GPU, blue team for CPU. It's just my preference. I am not trying to drive everyone away from AMD, I just want to share my opinion. I hope that I didn't make someone follow my advice that was just lurking about, and just made an upgrade to their pc for no reason.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Beardwing

#83 Post by Beardwing » 08 Jul 2022 14:11

Aye, the cities still hurt the most so I had to knock a few settings down. The game's still really beautiful as I try to squeeze what I can outta graphic. But I'm also on a standalone VR headset playing a beta build, so I don't have as much to stand on as flat screen players experiencing the same issues.
Alcohaulin' LLC - Phoenix, AZ
Specs: Lenovo Legion w/ Win 11 Pro 64-bit, i9-13900KF (32 CPUs), RTX 4080 16GB, 32GB RAM & Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link

Return to “General discussion about the game”