[REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

flight50

Re: [REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

#241 Post by flight50 » 03 Jul 2022 06:37

Someone will use it for sure. Actually there are a few that have requested it though. Not like Cody for Wyoming but people do chime in from time to time for them. The effort is always good if someone uses it.....which they will. I'm just one person. Just because I won't, doesn't mean others won't.
angrybirdseller

#242 Post by angrybirdseller » 03 Jul 2022 06:52

At this point its Southern California along with Nevada and Arizona suggestions and research could help as doubtful they will add CA-99 north of I-80 as that would require rebuild of Sacramento which is non-starter at this point. Think Bakersfield and Fresno will be you will see night and day difference once there rebuilt. Think rebuild will get large chunks done as Texas wrapping up and Oklahoma DLC getting started. If other states next are Kansas and Nebraska that makes it easier to rebuild the base map as more standard map dlc than Texas size. Southern California and Phoenix area most look forward for the rebuild along with I-80 in Nevada it will tie into newer DLC. Nevada have some nice mountain ranges along I-80 they could add.
dj212

#243 Post by dj212 » 06 Aug 2022 20:49

dj212 wrote: 13 Feb 2021 03:03 In California, highway route shields that are on a dedicated post are cut out, instead of being framed by a black rectangle like most other states.
Hello SCS signage team! Just wanted to thank you for using these California-style route shields during the CA rework! Little details like this really add up. :-)
angrybirdseller

#244 Post by angrybirdseller » 20 Nov 2022 04:08

[ external image ]
Along US-93 big BSNF intermodel facility in Phoenix
rbsanford

#245 Post by rbsanford » 20 Nov 2022 04:36

You must mean US 60; the 93 ends at Wickenburg.

That's a pretty good-looking facility, though. Hopefully we'll get that and US 60 connecting to I-17 from the 303; that should definitely work, since the 60/17 connection is a diamond interchange where we already have one in the game, in a big industrial district dominated by a food distributor.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
angrybirdseller

#246 Post by angrybirdseller » 20 Nov 2022 04:51

Yeah, US-60 goes to Wickenburg to become US-93. The 51st Ave connects to I-10 there truckstop and another industrial warehouse area as well there south of I-10.
angrybirdseller

#247 Post by angrybirdseller » 20 Mar 2023 06:46

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Mesa Arizona---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa,_Arizona-its third largest city in Arizona around 500,000. Can replace Camp Verde or Ehrenberg with Mesa

US-60 exit 179 is AZ-87 nice alternative to I-17 get to Show Lou and exit 195 for Ironwood Rd.
jonowilderns

California Hwy 395 missing spectacular scenery

#248 Post by jonowilderns » 13 Jul 2023 22:04

One of the things that make a trucker's life wonderful is scenery. California hwy 395 is one of the most scenic drives in the U.S. But you have left out all of that scenery. 395 is only partly desert. The rest is spectacular mountain scenery. You have the tiny town of Olancha but you left out the mountains it is located between. Olancha is at the south end of Owens Valley and Owens Valley runs narrowly between 2 tall mountain ranges. Those mountain ranges form a wall thousands of feet high for over a hundred miles north of Olancha. On the west side of 395 is the spectacular very steep wall of the High Sierras made of sharp granite rocky peaks top with snow-white glaciers. On the east side of 395 is another wall of earthy mountains thousands of feet high made of various shades of brown. Jut north of Olancha is mount Whitney the highest mountain in the continental U.S. and 395 passes by it at the foot of its 10,000 foot wall of rock - Mt. Whitney is over 15000 feet high but Owens Valley is 4000 feet altitude. A little town called Lone Pine is on 395 as it passes Mt. Whitney. Driving north on 395 the scenery stays spectacular all the way to the junction of Tioga pass which you have included going into Yosemite National park. 395 rolls around and up and down through pine tree covered hills and past volcano peaks before it gets to Tioga Pass. Please redo this part of California.
Vinnie Terranova

#249 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 13 Jul 2023 23:36

The US-395 simply is a must have... See this video of a road trip from Bishop, CA, to Ontario, CA... This video is part of a big road trip from Omak, WA, to Phoenix, AZ, and then back to Pentington, BC (Canada). I've watched that road trip several times.
rbsanford

#250 Post by rbsanford » 14 Jul 2023 00:22

Thankfully, the 395 is being redone. All we know about Phase III so far is that, at least, the highway between Bishop and Reno will be reworked (although there are assets in the game files for locations as far south as Bradys, IIRC, so maybe, hopefully, we'll get more with this phase). What I really hope we get with the new 395 is Conway Summit, which has a notable southern grade that features large curves and amazing scenery. Plus, Conway summit its the highest point of the entire highway, at 8143 feet. I also really want to see the grade north of Bishop, Devils Gate, and the canyon of the West Walker, but between all these, Conway Summit should have the priority in the area, IMO.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”