SCS General Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17951 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 21:37

Sleep anywhere and get fined/towed if you park illegally. That would be ideal.
SouthernMan

#17952 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 21:40

@seriousmods Exaclty! It's a good idea. And it's not even such an absurd thing to do either. Anyway.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#17953 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 21:43

SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:40 @seriousmods Exaclty! It's a good idea. And it's not even such an absurd thing to do either. Anyway.
Yeah, I would like to be able to just park on an entrance ramp and sleep, but without adding a trigger to one, that's currently impossible.

I bought the sleeper, so I want to use it haha.
SouthernMan

#17954 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 21:46

seriousmods wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:43
SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:40 @seriousmods Exaclty! It's a good idea. And it's not even such an absurd thing to do either. Anyway.
Yeah, I would like to be able to just park on an entrance ramp and sleep, but without adding a trigger to one, that's currently impossible.
In this case, it's definitely impossible. It's totally unfeasible. lol
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#17955 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 21:48

SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:46 In this case, it's definitely impossible. It's totally unfeasible. lol
Yeah lol. Would also be nice to get more "wide spots" along highways and exits for taking breaks. These seem super common out in the country, but SCS guardrail placement prevents them in game.
Seerman

#17956 Post by Seerman » 04 Jul 2022 06:54

I took a closer look at yesterday's Montana blog. It looks all impressive, but I got the idea that heavy trucks don’t go there. I believe that there will be a main highway, and this option will be picturesquely touristy.
I wouldn't ride these mountain roads every time.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#17957 Post by Tristman » 04 Jul 2022 08:31

Well that’s the point yeah. They literally said in the blog “ Fair warning, trucks with trailers are prohibited from entering some parts of the park”.
JackBurton

#17958 Post by JackBurton » 04 Jul 2022 13:10

seriousmods wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:43 Yeah, I would like to be able to just park on an entrance ramp and sleep, but without adding a trigger to one, that's currently impossible.
I agree. The sleep mechanic is so poorly implemented in ETS2 and ATS, it is best just to turn it off completely, keep track of the driving time yourself, and "rest" where you want and how long you want by using the console. No annoying yawning this way either.

EDIT: Along these lines, it would be great if we could address one of the other recent discussions in the same way. Why am I backing my dump trailer or gooseneck up to a dock? It would be great if we could park in a reasonable space -- say backing a dump trailer up to a pile of stones at construction site -- and use a console command to tell the game that we have completed the job. Even if SCS doesn't have the bandwidth to fix these issues, they could give tools to players who want to do so themselves.
Seerman

#17959 Post by Seerman » 04 Jul 2022 14:18

Probably SCS should update some parts for old trailers in ETS2.
I mean, there are new (unlicensed) trailers that have exactly the same parts (water tanks, fire extinguishers, etc.) but with better materials.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#17960 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:06

JackBurton wrote: 04 Jul 2022 13:10 I agree. The sleep mechanic is so poorly implemented in ETS2 and ATS, it is best just to turn it off completely, keep track of the driving time yourself, and "rest" where you want and how long you want by using the console. No annoying yawning this way either.
Yeah, the yawning is annoying as is the doze off system. As someone who drives a ton for work, sometimes days almost as long as a trucker, I can confirm that if someone is tired enough to be dozing off, they should have pulled off a long time before.
EDIT: Along these lines, it would be great if we could address one of the other recent discussions in the same way. Why am I backing my dump trailer or gooseneck up to a dock? It would be great if we could park in a reasonable space -- say backing a dump trailer up to a pile of stones at construction site -- and use a console command to tell the game that we have completed the job. Even if SCS doesn't have the bandwidth to fix these issues, they could give tools to players who want to do so themselves.
Agreed! The whole of trucking has been compressed to drop and hook freight. It is not realistic. Docks are mainly used for vans and reefers. Some flatbeds load at docks, but those are of varying styles. Some facilities have docks that surround the trailer on three sides, and others have a dock in the middle of a yard. But dump trailers, lowboys, tankers, hoppers, and bulk trailers among others are not unloaded in the same fashion, and it would be nice if there was a way to simulate it.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”