3000R Reefer Camera Issue

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DAFmanXFE6

3000R Reefer Camera Issue

#1 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 09 Jul 2018 23:52

I've been having an odd issue with the SiSL trailer pack where the camera is not registering that the trailer is connecting and therefore is hugging the back of the cab.

This is what I know so far:

It's only when I select the 3000R Reefer trailers (normal reefers are unaffected, either SCS or other reefers in the pack)
[ external image ]ats_20180710_003815_00 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

This is how close to the side I can get
[ external image ]ats_20180710_003918_00 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Before this happens and the camera hugs the back of the truck
[ external image ]ats_20180710_003855_00 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Here is the pastebin from the above pictures: https://pastebin.com/bhga1frF

SiSL's trailer pack is the only mod that is active in that profile so I don't see how it can be a def/mod conflict when there are no other mods active. There are four SCS truck paintjobs in the folder but that is all that is there. I removed everything thing from the hard drive to see if that would work (including the atss workshop folder).

Things I've tried;
  • only mod active
  • mod order (SiSl's pack at the bottom/top) with other mods
  • Getting rid of my trucks
  • Sleeping to try and reset everything
  • Deleting and redownloading the mod
  • Removing other mods when the profile was full of trucks etc
What steps do I have to take next to try and diagnose this issue it's driving me nuts!!! No other trailers in SiSL's pack or any other mods have this issue.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
DAFmanXFE6

Re: 3000R Reefer Camera Issue

#2 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 30 Jul 2018 23:24

Have just got round to doing a full reinstall, that includes cleaning out all ATS files from both the Steam folder and my Doc's. Issue still there :(

mademan11

#3 Post by mademan11 » 04 Jul 2022 03:42

Hi @DAFmanXFE6,

Did you manage to solve this issue? It seems that this bug was common to all reefer trailers, including those of the base game. However, the bug was solved for the latter ones, according to this post: viewtopic.php?t=253234. It had to do with trailer collision detection. Unfortunately, I have not found any news regarding the fix for this bug for the 3000R reefer trailers of the SiSL's pack. What is even more unfortunate is that it seems that this trailer pack is no longer being maintained by the developer.

Thanks,
DAFmanXFE6

#4 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 06 Jul 2022 05:41

Hiya @mademan11 im sorry but no I never figured out how to fix this. It annoyed me so much I just stopped using the mod and have tried to stay more vanilla ever since.

Thanks

mademan11

#5 Post by mademan11 » 11 Jul 2022 22:45

Hi @DAFmanXFE6,

I figured out a fix for this issue. I hope it may be useful, even if this solution arrived four years late.

The problem is in the definition of the collisions for both the 3000r and 3000r long trailers. In the mod, such definitions are found in the files "/vehicle/trailer/sisl_trailer/reefer3000r/reefer3000r.pmc" and "/vehicle/trailer/sisl_trailer/reefer3000r_long/reefer3000r_long.pmc", respectively. Unfortunately, I neither have the training nor the time to mess with those files in Blender. Therefore, to solve this problem, I downloaded the version 1.0 of the Sisl's Trailer Pack USA — which you can find in sites such as www.simulatorgamemods.com — and replaced said pmc files in the latest version of the mod with those of the version 1.0. To my surprise, this solved the issue. It seems that this problem with the collisions was introduced in newer versions of the mod.

It is a pity that this mod is no longer being maintained. It was the best one when it released. With the lack of updates, maybe the mod will become incompatible with the game in the future. Nowadays there are alternative trailer packs. However, with exception of Promods, I think that all mods are prone to be abandoned after some months; it becomes harder to keep pace with the new updates and map extensions released for the game, I guess. Let's hope that Promods release a version of their real companies and trailers pack for ATS.

Cheers,

Return to “Help requests”