ATS v 1.46 speculation

Optional Features

Re: ATS v 1.46 speculation

#31 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 22:38

clifflandmark wrote: 03 Jul 2022 22:16 omg :lol:

It's a dilemma whether truck school is required to improve realism or an improved realism infrastructure is required before truck school. Either way -as seriousmods says- a truck school without improved realism - at least a better driving experience than what we have now is not provided - would be pointless. We're already driving supermarket trolleys on perfect tiles in ATS.It should change before truck school feature.
I mean I speak from experience. I believe I'm ready for the big leagues! :D

[ external image ]

But in all seriousness, the physics is the biggest thing. They need significant improvement before driving in game can be labeled anything close to a school. That said, if driving school encourages SCS to improve physics or road surfaces or anything that would make driving feel more like the real deal, I'm 100% behind it!
Calibuddy99

#32 Post by Calibuddy99 » 04 Jul 2022 00:19

clifflandmark wrote: 03 Jul 2022 10:01 Considering the time Jakub's small team work to release Northern California, Bay Area can take longer than 1.5 year.Just an optimistic assumption is that they can send some worker to Jakub after TX released.I don't see 1.46 brings something related to CA.
Bay area is not taking 1.5 year. I know that for sure.
Nothing to say here anymore.
flight50

#33 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 05:51

We don't need a physics update just to get a driving school. If we can operate trucks now as is without a school, we can operate it now with a school. Physics is so far down the road that its not even a factor. Until SCS remodels all the trucks in the game to separate the chassis from the cabin like, no point in updating much with physics. No point in holding up drivers school due to lack of physics. When physics come, they come. Its a lot more complex than what a driver's school would do.
Optional Features

#34 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 06:55

flight50 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 05:51 We don't need a physics update just to get a driving school. If we can operate trucks now as is without a school, we can operate it now with a school. Physics is so far down the road that its not even a factor. Until SCS remodels all the trucks in the game to separate the chassis from the cabin like, no point in updating much with physics. No point in holding up drivers school due to lack of physics. When physics come, they come. Its a lot more complex than what a driver's school would do.
Nah, I wasn't really referring to cab suspension (although that would be nice). I'm talking about just the truck (and trailers) as units themselves and how they move, shaks, stop, etc. The current trucks drive like bricks in almost all cases. Adjusting that to a more realistic performance should come before anything related to training.
Tristman

#35 Post by Tristman » 04 Jul 2022 08:13

I always thought a driving school was just intended to teach people how to operate trucks in the game.
So why would the physics matter? You’d still be learning stuff like backing up a trailer in first person or something like that.
flight50

#36 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 13:34

^Yeah that's my point. The extras stuff can come at anytime. But for the people that aren't deep into physics or even car enough about it, can still get a new game mode to try. If SCS is inching towards obtaining licenses for like indorsements and skill levels......training could be nice.
clifflandmark

#37 Post by clifflandmark » 04 Jul 2022 16:21

Bay Area consists of different settlements, if the area is tried to be expanded by shifting to the ocean, we can even say 1.5 years is an optimistic estimate. Let's say it was remake within the existing space without being shifted to the ocean; The region has an urban structure, not like ukiah-eureka, it will require many different assets in a narrow area.

Those who have CDL and instructors know what the content of truck school is.I'm not a truck driver, but I guess the content of a truck school has to include much more than just reversing the trailer : tandem slide, driving on wet, frozen and muddy surfaces, driving depending on trailer types, braking distance and other factors affecting wheel spin, reaction of different tire types etc.
Trakaplex

#38 Post by Trakaplex » 04 Jul 2022 17:14

Phase 3 of CA rework, easy to guess.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Optional Features

#39 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:48

clifflandmark wrote: 04 Jul 2022 16:21 Those who have CDL and instructors know what the content of truck school is.I'm not a truck driver, but I guess the content of a truck school has to include much more than just reversing the trailer : tandem slide, driving on wet, frozen and muddy surfaces, driving depending on trailer types, braking distance and other factors affecting wheel spin, reaction of different tire types etc.
I believe some schools have a skidpad which isn't currently possible in game. Understeer and trailer brake lock is just not really a thing.

https://youtu.be/3djSGTEKJr0
rookie31st

#40 Post by rookie31st » 04 Jul 2022 19:59

seriousmods wrote: 03 Jul 2022 22:00The problem with trucking school would be realism. Unless it was a new game mode with a new physics system and even new roads, players won't be learning much other than maybe incredibly basic backing maneuvers.
If we get the trucking school, we'd get exactly basic maneuvering courses. I don't know why you expect more from SCS Software. We can surely dream about weight per axle management with the fifth wheel and tandem sliding, tire inflation control, advanced truck maintenance and much more, but realistically speaking it's not going to happen anytime soon. "Enjoy the rain sensor!", says SCS Software.
:P
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!

Return to “General discussion about the game”