When will it be fixed ?

CoLdFlaMe

Re: When will it be fixed ?

#51 Post by CoLdFlaMe » 04 Jul 2022 12:17

I have to confirm that I think my 2000 hours in that game are the reason I use glasses now.. Sounds weird but My Eyes just couldn't focus the textures because they are blurry or If your "sharpen" the game with Nividia Profile inspector it helps for AA but the Picture is not sharp... Sad
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#52 Post by Mohegan13 » 04 Jul 2022 14:08

Unlikely give that macular degeneration is down to your genes or other health issues that can affect your eyes and not general eye strain.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Brian Benton

#53 Post by Brian Benton » 04 Jul 2022 17:04

@CoLdFlaMe, use "Image sharpening" also through the Nvidia control panel (in older drivers). In new versions of the drivers, this option was replaced with "Image Scaling" and the sharpening filter now does not work well. Also, this filter works poorly through Nvidia Freestyle, and, among other things, consumes a larger number of FPS.
2314931764_preview_ss.jpg
Prince

#54 Post by Prince » 05 Jul 2022 11:51

MatzMan wrote: 01 Jul 2022 14:54 incorrect Question ....it must be: When will SCS begin to fix old Bugs like this :?

But i'm just working on more Videos at moment ( up popping Lights, Houses and more ).
So you don't want to tell how you fixed it, but require SCS to jump every time you see something?

My best guess: you did something to stop the lowest LOD to be visible. Because that's what I thing those "popping" events you show are. LOD transitions.

People need to understand that every single thing they use have bugs in them. ETS2, your browser, your Windows version (even if you are still on the dinosaur Windows 7), your phone, your kitchen appliances, your car, your scooter. In case you don't get it: everything! Not even ESA have software/firmware that are 100% bug free. Not even if you try to make the world record of quality assurance budgets, will you get a 100% bug free system.

The most likely reason the bugs exist:
a) it's so random it wasn't discovered during testing
b) it's so minor it wasn't reported during testing, even though it was discovered
c) you're running a hardware configuration the QA didn't have, which causes the issue to happen
d) you tweaked the settings in a way the QA team didn't test (no, it's not normal for anyone to 100% regression test for each build - if so, they have never heard of risk based testing)
e) it was discovered and reported, but the severity is so low it's behind a long queue of more critical issues to fix

Regardless of the reason, if you truly want to help ETS2 (or ATS) to become a better game, join the beta branches and report issues. The beta branches can show bugs due to hardware/software/settings combinations they don't have access to inhouse. That's the reason they have beta branches (not because you think it's cool to try new things before other people get access).
Optional Features

#55 Post by Optional Features » 05 Jul 2022 20:08

@Prince While reporting bugs is a good practice, there are a number of bugs that have been reported with no effect whatsoever.

The cattle trailer is one of the most obvious.
MatzMan

#56 Post by MatzMan » 12 Jul 2022 00:47

And her the next own fix.............
Crash Barrier bug on Iberia DLC.

and i know, all people waiting for the reworked Hannover, not for bug repair.

https://youtu.be/aiKozFegF6g
Shiva

#57 Post by Shiva » 12 Jul 2022 11:49

Nice video, but the synz between left and right is a bit off.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
MatzMan

#58 Post by MatzMan » 13 Jul 2022 00:11

Prince wrote: 05 Jul 2022 11:51
MatzMan wrote: 01 Jul 2022 14:54 incorrect Question ....it must be: When will SCS begin to fix old Bugs like this :?

But i'm just working on more Videos at moment ( up popping Lights, Houses and more ).
So you don't want to tell how you fixed it, but require SCS to jump every time you see something?

My best guess: you did something to stop the lowest LOD to be visible. Because that's what I thing those "popping" events you show are. LOD transitions.

People need to understand that every single thing they use have bugs in them. ETS2, your browser, your Windows version (even if you are still on the dinosaur Windows 7), your phone, your kitchen appliances, your car, your scooter. In case you don't get it: everything! Not even ESA have software/firmware that are 100% bug free. Not even if you try to make the world record of quality assurance budgets, will you get a 100% bug free system.

The most likely reason the bugs exist:
a) it's so random it wasn't discovered during testing
b) it's so minor it wasn't reported during testing, even though it was discovered
c) you're running a hardware configuration the QA didn't have, which causes the issue to happen
d) you tweaked the settings in a way the QA team didn't test (no, it's not normal for anyone to 100% regression test for each build - if so, they have never heard of risk based testing)
e) it was discovered and reported, but the severity is so low it's behind a long queue of more critical issues to fix

Regardless of the reason, if you truly want to help ETS2 (or ATS) to become a better game, join the beta branches and report issues. The beta branches can show bugs due to hardware/software/settings combinations they don't have access to inhouse. That's the reason they have beta branches (not because you think it's cool to try new things before other people get access).
????? Windows 7 ?????
I have Windows 11

But no problem, next Video coming up about big Bugs inside Black Sea DLC, no fixes, but we need new Hannover, great........
MatzMan

#59 Post by MatzMan » 13 Jul 2022 01:55

Shiva wrote: 12 Jul 2022 11:49 Nice video, but the synz between left and right is a bit off.
it should not be sync, it should only show the different
abasstreppas

#60 Post by abasstreppas » 13 Jul 2022 11:48

But it seems like a bug when it's out of sync. :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”