Jollicious Josh's Journeys

JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys

#61 Post by JolliciousJosh » 30 May 2022 14:38

Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 20 Jun 2022 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#62 Post by JolliciousJosh » 06 Jun 2022 12:47

Test Run + Soft Opening

Moira decided to surrender a next-gen Scania S520 V8 to the sister company "Trasporti Mariano, S.L." (to be opened few days from now in the center of Naples, Italy, its base depot). So, I and the team behind the sister company decided to recolor the truck into pure gentle blue metallic.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I took on the next-gen Scania S520 V8 for a test run with Belinda. We loaded 24 tons of basil to a supermarket in Liege, Belgium. Now, this Scania delivered to Naples in the hands of the Marianos.

[ external image ]

Meanwhile, Serena took hand of a 6-Series Scania P280 for a pre-operation demo of our sister company in Naples.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#63 Post by JolliciousJosh » 10 Jun 2022 10:29

Our sister company, Trasporti Mariano, has begun operations in Italy.

[ external image ]

Serena had a first mission, crossing the beautiful island of Corsica.

[ external image ]

Tipping time!

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#64 Post by JolliciousJosh » 13 Jun 2022 14:25

Going Frontline

A consignee from a pharmaceutical company in Milan, Italy contacted our sister company "Trasporti Mariano" to deliver tons of assorted medical capsules and syrups to a logistic terminal in Toulouse. While I had a coffee with the Italian handler, Antonio, the carriers of a pharmaceutical company loaded different products, where 60% of it are for animal consumption.

[ external image ]

Going sunset.

[ external image ]

After a long hours of trip and a short rest, Antonio took a drive on my Actros 4 to Bourges to load and embark COVID-19 booster vaccines there while I had a deep sleep. Thankfully, I didn't felt dizzy while he drove at the right amount of speed.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#65 Post by JolliciousJosh » 20 Jun 2022 15:48

Soda Hauling

I discussed the teams of Bubblies International Transport - Europe (BITE) to take over and use the food tank trailers owned by my company (Malaya Delivery Transport), but this trailer is unused after months of experimental run. Couple of weeks later, the admin team of our company approved the request from BITE to use the food tank trailer in an indefinite period of time.

Kyle took a 2018 MAN TGX XL 18.420 paired with this food tank trailers to IKEA Stavanger and IKEA Copenhagen to haul sodas from the most popular soda brands in the world, while I sat on the co-driver's seat as a helper/handler.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
VirtualTruckTravels

#66 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 21 Jun 2022 02:36

Good pictures and enjoyable story :)
JolliciousJosh

#67 Post by JolliciousJosh » 27 Jun 2022 14:26

Thanks, mate!

Moving on to the next story:

Range Tipping

I've just got a hand of a new Renault Range T Comfort paired with a DTi13 engine that was bought on February 10, 2022 in a Renault Trucks dealership near east of Charleroi, Belgium. This Range T now belongs to the tipping family of my company.

Before taking the first job, I took a summer relaxation on one of the beautiful beaches of Corsica with Belinda using this truck and an agricultural tipper. Days later, we took a mission from there to haul barley to a logistic hub in Bourges.

[ external image ]

Instead of a stock black mudflaps on the rear bumper of the truck, the Bubblies Design Team installed into a whole custom mudflap (without text for the meantime), as they have yet to design a calligraphic slogan.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Meanwhile, Olive took a 2018 MAN TGX hauling excavated soil.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Extras: Moira's Scania R520 V8 has been recolored to a pure baby blue after Belinda took ownership of her truck. Well, the Lepidas exhaust system pipe is not bad, but the Bubblies design team tuned with an improved, yet a howling Greek-styled turbo spool.
PS: Kudos to a Dutch bubbly team who re-tuned the open pipe.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#68 Post by Polarlicht » 02 Jul 2022 04:13

Cute trucks here :D
JolliciousJosh

#69 Post by JolliciousJosh » 04 Jul 2022 14:47

Thanks, mate! :D

Spring Expansion Talks

I met halfway with my handler Belinda at the port of Naples, a kilometer away from our sister transport company, and she was busy on her duties as secretary. One of these is planning to purchase a dry bulk silo trailer, which is an alternative to the aluminum tipper.
While sailing the ship to Cagliari, we talked to Moira thorugh our video chat on talks with the possible expansion of spring cargo express, which covers carrying dry bulk goods, whether light, medium or heavy-weighted.

Me: "Now we have the tipper trailers. Why not getting ourselves a dry bulk trailer?"
Moira: "I also heard the suggestion from our researchers. I love heavy loads for the silos. That's what we want. First, I'm looking the finalized feasibility study from the researchers and our team to approve it."

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

A (second) consignee in Calvi called us to load tons of scraped metals to Bourges, and we felt lucky that the first consignee (in Porto-Vecchio's port center) has an available job to Calvi, so we have more time to do the job, passing through the tricky roads between Castifao and Pietralba.

[ external image ]

Now, we had the second job from the second consignee.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We stopped at a MAN dealership in south of Marseille, and we relaxed at a 5-star lifestyle hotel for an overnight stay, so we had an opportunity to discuss about silos and the cargoes carrying it. Early morning of the next day, we depart to Bourges to unload scraped metals in a material recovery facility.

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#70 Post by JolliciousJosh » 11 Jul 2022 15:00

Swapping in Tandem

One of my team of my company suggested me to drive a truck with a tandem one with a twist, long time ago. So here I am, taking with this 2017 Mercedes-Benz Actros 2540 paired with steel swap box body by Krone, owned by one of my bubbly staff who loves driving tandem trailers within Germany, France, Italy and Benelux to load different sorts of mixed cargoes.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

My handler-helper Olive was waiting in a café in the center of Le Havre and having a coffee talk with Doris and Aprille, not work-related but a chill conversation while I load the second job using this swap body tandem truck. A consignee in Bourges contacted Olive that the swap body contains sorts of fresh chemicals from Canada, so the customs team opened the container and confirmed that it contains different sorts of rubber + chemicals for making tires, to a known tire manufacturing plant in Bourges.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The next day, we found another swap body container at a farm of Olive's close friend, and one of the caretaker of this farm told that they load sugar beets bound for Amsterdam as an ingredient of a popular food product.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”