Gaming size of small States

Kororuz

Gaming size of small States

#1 Post by Kororuz » 03 Jul 2022 18:12

We all know that sooner or later SCS will reach territories where very small states are located, which will become a problem on the current scale of the game. Do you think there will be attempts to introduce new technologies with adaptive scaling or something like that? Or will developers simply create states with two roads? :|
My mods:
Scratches on windshield(ATS,ETS2)
3D Interior Mod (ATS,ETS2)
and more[/i]
wolfedg

Re: Gaming size of small States

#2 Post by wolfedg » 03 Jul 2022 19:23

It will be interesting to see for sure. The developers are going to have to make some really tough choices if they get to the northeast. For instance should Providence RI be included since it will take up pretty much all of RI and then some? If they find a way to do some kind of warping of the map, how will that effect drive times and distance scaling in game? Instead of warping, would some kind of overlapping/instancing work?
GinXeng

#3 Post by GinXeng » 03 Jul 2022 20:36

My main concern is them charging the same price on a small state as the big ones.
wolfedg

#4 Post by wolfedg » 04 Jul 2022 13:57

@GinXeng Considering the time and work the teams have to put into each state, the current state prices are a huge bargain. Now I wouldnt expect a place like Rhode Island to cost that much, in fact I'd bundle RI,MA,NH, CT as one at the current cost. I'd also bundle (VA,WV) and (NC,SC). The rest would be fine at the current cost especially considering the recent bout of inflation. As states get older, they could be added to steam deals as larger sets that are much cheaper once they have paid for their development. That way late comers arent discouraged either.
Xaagon

#5 Post by Xaagon » 04 Jul 2022 15:56

Rhode Island is just a little bit bigger than Luxembourg. I would guess that ATS would look similar to ETS2 in that regard. However, I would expect to get all six New England states in one DLC.

I don't know what they'll do with the medium sized states east of the Mississippi river. Do they bundle them, make the roads more dense there so we get the same amount of content per DLC, or lower the prices? We won't know until we get there unless SCS tells us in a blog or livestream or something.
Outlaw Transport

#6 Post by Outlaw Transport » 04 Jul 2022 16:15

It's been a while since I ran any map mods but IIRC Reforma have or had varying scales, especially around California.

But once they reach the west coast, there's just no way ATS is the same game it is today. Even at the current pace of throwing literally everything and everyone they have on maps and neglecting everything else, that would be a decade from now - they just cannot keep this game on the market with a straight face at that point. I am guessing there will be an ATS 2 by then, with the existing maps ported over and updated.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Jul 2022 16:19

there wont be, the moment the states get smaller the bundling will start just like they did in ETS2 for the last few DLCs, i srsly cant believe they will sell us 48 DLCs just to complete the mainland US with small price map DLCs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trakaplex

#8 Post by Trakaplex » 04 Jul 2022 17:16

I already talked about this. There could be Mid Atlantic DLC, and New York could be the last independent state. New England could be a bundle centered around 1:15 scale. That would be considerably enough to build all the interstates and to not leave any out.

However, some are saying ATS 2.0 would release then (in 1:10) :lol:
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
hangman005

#9 Post by hangman005 » 05 Jul 2022 09:16

Imagine Rhode Island on the old 1:32 or what ever the scale used to be, drive out of your garage and your in a new state :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
rookie31st

#10 Post by rookie31st » 05 Jul 2022 14:52

It would totally make sense to release Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine as one bundle. Once they cross Mississippi, they can start bundling the states in 2+ packages, unless they choose more frequent releases instead.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!

Return to “General discussion about the game”