ATS v 1.46 speculation

Optional Features

Re: ATS v 1.46 speculation

#41 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 20:12

rookie31st wrote: 04 Jul 2022 19:59 If we get the trucking school, we'd get exactly basic maneuvering courses. I don't know why you expect more from SCS Software. We can surely dream about weight per axle management with the fifth wheel and tandem sliding, tire inflation control, advanced truck maintenance and much more, but realistically speaking it's not going to happen anytime soon. "Enjoy the rain sensor!", says SCS Software.
:P
Unfortunately lol! Back up to the cones and get a shiny virtual badge.
Xaagon

#42 Post by Xaagon » 06 Jul 2022 02:20

A while ago there was a "bug" that sometimes caused catastrophic results when double trailers spawned at depots. But what if they were testing out a new weather system that could come with 1.46? The tornado aftermath:

[ external image ]
Calibuddy99

#44 Post by Calibuddy99 » 06 Jul 2022 08:12

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

How did that trailer go upside down...
Nothing to say here anymore.
danbywinby

#45 Post by danbywinby » 06 Jul 2022 13:20

I do not expect 'Trucking School' to come with 1.46 or even this year personally.

It was teased in the 2020 Christmas stream but nothing has been mentioned about it since or on the 2021 Christmas stream. That tells me that it is in the same basket as 'Euro Coach Simulator' a low priority project that is just worked on slowly in the background whenever somebody gets some spare time and has no deadlines currently.

There is a video from AP101 on youtube of another video not in English where Pavel i believe mentions that 'Trucking School' has not even been touched since that 2020 tease because they have been working on higher priority stuff instead.

As for what the 'Trucking School' will be i believe it will be more or less exactly the same apart from an upgrade to the standards of current ATS and ETS2 as two older games from SCS:
Scania Truck Driving Simulator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88zSeX3cdg
Trucks and Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhV7z1CuJmk
howey

#46 Post by howey » 07 Jul 2022 01:14

Wishful thinking here but hoping seeing your AI company drivers and also Lode King's B-train line up.
Carfreak200

#47 Post by Carfreak200 » 07 Jul 2022 03:44

Something nobody in here has said is the possibility of a traffic light rework for 1.46. They mentioned that Doghouse lights would come with the 1.44 Cali rework. But they later said on here that they ran into a few snags in development and got delayed on a full release of them. They still have not been implemented those lights to my knowledge so hopefully those get done for 1.46 and I'd love for them to add in these and other types of light sequences all across the map eventually.

Assuming this doesn't come with 1.45, same with the adaptive cruise control they have been working on.
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
flight50

#48 Post by flight50 » 07 Jul 2022 04:17

I wouldn't be too surprised if 1.45 got doghouse lights working honestly. 1.46 I'd hope for the next phase of traffic light upgrades. We'll need it for Texas. ATS really needs to protected left+yeilding solid green. Reducing the time we wait at lights would be nice. The larger ATS gets, the more complicated global changes will become.

Something else I'd love to see come.....when we get this engine upgrade, is a fog system. Looking at Going to the Sun and roads like US-34 in RMNP and even Million Dollar is the possibility of fog in higher elevations and moist areas like US-101 early in the morning. That could be in addition to a weather upgrade. I think severe thunderstorms should be featured with the Great Plains if that is the region of the US SCS will be in the next few years. Not tornadoes but severe rain with good lighting effects that brings traffic light malfunctions for random events. The request for tornadoes has been made but I see no plan for it. Get tornadoes, people will want blizzards. Get Blizzard people will want hurricanes. Get hurricanes people with want earthquakes. None of those natural disasters work for ATS. I can see sand/dust storm, severe thunderstorm, hail storm/sleet and fog though. No damaging extra models needed. There's a lot of dynamic that would need to happen in the game to pull off making damage models in the environment.
Trucker Nik

#49 Post by Trucker Nik » 07 Jul 2022 05:06

What's wrong with traffic lights? When they need modernization
flight50

#50 Post by flight50 » 07 Jul 2022 05:46

@Virtual Trucker 51. We need the most common mode....protected left + the yield to the right away. In game what we have are 2 types of lights. Either we have protected left light. Or we have the yield to traffic and then left turn. In real life here, there is a combo setup that is even wayyyy more common. The Doghouse light is a variant of this. The type of light I'm referring to is similar to what ProMods Canada has. This removes the wait for next light cycle. I honestly run lights now if no one is coming if my side of traffic has green for thru traffic.

Return to “General discussion about the game”