SCS General Discussion Thread

55sixxx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17961 Post by 55sixxx » 05 Jul 2022 00:08

Unrelated to the ongoing topic but....

I've been thinking... SCS REALLY needs to step up their truck game in ETS2, and asap. Currently, there are only two trucks in production (The NG DAF and Renault T Evo) while the rest are all discontinued (Scania is also considered discontinued because they're a not available with the engines we have in-game any longer). All trucks but those two stopped being produced in their respective configurations, years ago with Scania being the most recent.

While ATS has the Cascadia, Lonestar, LT, Anthem, 49X and whatever SCS and Daimler had/have prepared for this summer.
Optional Features

#17962 Post by Optional Features » 05 Jul 2022 00:40

Would like to see the new MAN added to the game. Really like those.
rbsanford

#17963 Post by rbsanford » 05 Jul 2022 04:05

SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:23 Exactly! It would be nice if the sleep system was the same as in older games, where you could sleep wherever you wanted and not only that, but as many hours as you wanted. But I believe they have some reason not to do it like the old games (or not).
Truckers IRL can't just sleep wherever they want, as far as I know. Maybe they can, but would they want to? Sleeping on the shoulder would be inconvenient and dangerous. There's a reason trucks stop at truck stops: there's plenty of parking space, and they offer facilities, supplies, maintenance, and food. What should happen instead is truck stops and rest areas should be limited to trucks with sleepers, while day cabs can only rest at hotels (or at truck stops near hotels), which should be revamped in ATS (the old hotel prefab is way too cramped, and doesn't feel like the typical American hotel).

Truckers also have mandatory rest breaks, which I think is part of federal law. After every 13 hours or so on the road, they have to rest at least 10 hours. It would be nice, though, if there was a slider so you could adjust how many additional hours you want to rest; that way, if you prefer driving during the day, like I do, you could pull into your parking space at 7:00 PM and get back on the road at 8:00 AM the next morning.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Optional Features

#17964 Post by Optional Features » 05 Jul 2022 06:04

rbsanford wrote: 05 Jul 2022 04:05 Truckers IRL can't just sleep wherever they want, as far as I know. Maybe they can, but would they want to? Sleeping on the shoulder would be inconvenient and dangerous.
With e-logs, stopping on the shoulder is becoming more common, especially due to traffic jams and other unexpected situations. I see trucks in wide spots, on exit ramps, and other non-designated truck parking places all the time. Some guys also park in store parking lots like a walmart (although I think there have been recent restrictions against that or trucks being booted). But agreed, trucks cannot park everywhere: they can, however, park more places than allowed in game.
There's a reason trucks stop at truck stops: there's plenty of parking space, and they offer facilities, supplies, maintenance, and food.
Plenty of parking? Ha! After about 3 pm, most truckstops are full: parking is a national crisis, and has started to get the attention of lawmakers even. I agree truckstops have many benefits, but they are crowded, noisy, generally quite dirty in spots, and there can be a lot of problems (theft, prostitution, hit and runs, etc). Every truckstop is different, but some are far worse than others.
What should happen instead is truck stops and rest areas should be limited to trucks with sleepers, while day cabs can only rest at hotels (or at truck stops near hotels), which should be revamped in ATS (the old hotel prefab is way too cramped, and doesn't feel like the typical American hotel).
I'd like to see hotels with sleep triggers and room for just a tractor to park. IRL I've seen a full semi and trailer in a hotel parking lot, but it takes up a lot of space obviously and prevents other people from using those spots.

Here's an edit @SouthernMan did of a hotel in Utah. I just left my trailer on the exit road and parked at the hotel. I wish this was available in a lot more areas.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Tristman

#17965 Post by Tristman » 05 Jul 2022 08:03

55sixxx wrote: 05 Jul 2022 00:08 Unrelated to the ongoing topic but....

I've been thinking... SCS REALLY needs to step up their truck game in ETS2, and asap. Currently, there are only two trucks in production (The NG DAF and Renault T Evo) while the rest are all discontinued (Scania is also considered discontinued because they're a not available with the engines we have in-game any longer). All trucks but those two stopped being produced in their respective configurations, years ago with Scania being the most recent.

While ATS has the Cascadia, Lonestar, LT, Anthem, 49X and whatever SCS and Daimler had/have prepared for this summer.
Definitely. The last few years there has been a focus on ATS trucks, since that game was always far behind on ETS2, but now that we have a full roster of good quality trucks (and let’s face it, American trucks are updated less frequently than European trucks), I think it would be fine if new truck releases slowed down for ATS and ETS2 got some new material again.

I don’t even play ETS2, but I can tell the truck roster is outdated and really needs some new stuff. The DAF and Renault releases were both very big, but it has been very quiet around any of the other brands.
JaDaKa

#17966 Post by JaDaKa » 05 Jul 2022 11:04

rbsanford wrote: 05 Jul 2022 04:05 What should happen instead is truck stops and rest areas should be limited to trucks with sleepers, while day cabs can only rest at hotels (or at truck stops near hotels)
I like the idea but truck stops/rest areas only for trucks with sleepers would be unrealistic as one can still do it.

Day cabs can only rest at hotels is also a nice idea but then it gives that type a disadvantage so players would be forced to always buy a sleeper option.

I would like these to be implemented in a new revamped economy-RPG gameplay where prices are more realistic and progression is slower so we would not be able to afford a sleeper so we would have to purchase a day cab driving only shorter distances etc.

That could get better imo with a more complex job system, being recruited by a company (driving only certain truck brands for each company with each own paintjob), gaining promotions and each company would require different perks etc..

I want a more challenging career, with a possibility of having large setbacks so we don't lose interest or becoming too easy after a certain point.
JaDaKa

#17967 Post by JaDaKa » 05 Jul 2022 11:08

Tristman wrote: 05 Jul 2022 08:03 I don’t even play ETS2, but I can tell the truck roster is outdated and really needs some new stuff. The DAF and Renault releases were both very big, but it has been very quiet around any of the other brands.
Definitely agree with anything stated about ETS2..

What makes it even worse is the quality of the ETS2 trucks.. More than half are very or quite outdated..
SouthernMan

#17968 Post by SouthernMan » 05 Jul 2022 14:34

Very sad that this freightliner cascadia didn't come with the ATS:
https://blog.scssoft.com/search?updated ... inate=true
[ external image ]
I love this version of Cascadia.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Underscore_101_

#17969 Post by Underscore_101_ » 05 Jul 2022 14:55

For the older trucks in ETS2, please don't say outdated, they are maturing into classics, many people ask for classic trucks in game, eventually some of the trucks we currently have in game will become classics.
In that sense my personal fav. is the Daf Xf 105 slowly seeing less of them irl on the road and in the Daf range the Euro 6 is still around a lot so far from a classic.
Not going to name all brands here, but in the Renault range I can't see that smaller one as a classic, but maybe the Magnum for people with an acquired taste.
The Scania's we have are still around a lot irl (design wise), it will take a while imho before they are classics, I don't even consider RJL's as a classic yet.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#17970 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Jul 2022 14:59

They are referring to the models and they are extremely outdated.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”