Fuel tank (Trailer size)

DNS

Fuel tank (Trailer size)

#1 Post by DNS » 05 Jul 2022 07:43

The size of the trailer has become much smaller in comparison with the previous ones. Could you increase it or add a modification with an enlarged version?
Attachments
20220705014244_1.jpg
20220705014255_1.jpg
Trenero

Re: Fuel tank (Trailer size)

#2 Post by Trenero » 05 Jul 2022 20:51

I think the old one is the one that is wrong size,
From what i can see on the roads i see that almost all fuel semitrailer are in height almost equal to the lowroof cabs(to have the center of gravity as low as posible and some shorter than a standard tautliner too), so i think the problem is the old one being a bit oversize like some other old models (for example old man tgx)

Keep in mind that tankers are usually purpose built to carry a certain product (depending on it density) to be the fullest posible in a safe way without exceeding the max weight limits(around 40t in all europe)
Tankers that are not fully loaded allow the liquid inside to splash and move and this create unwanted inertias that dificult truck handling and increase brake distance.

So there is no reason to make tankers biggers than needed to haul the max load of a certain product(density based), same apply to tippers and hoppers.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”