Ideas and Suggestions for ATS Hardcore mode

howey

Ideas and Suggestions for ATS Hardcore mode

#1 Post by howey » 06 Jul 2022 13:19

So a few years ago now SCS teased about a Hardcore mode coming at some point for us to experience for us players.

Even though there already would of been some ideas, plans and development between then and now it is still in dark until it is revealed and released formally.

So the reason I created this thread is to gather ideas and suggestions for the hardcore mode for the time being hoping SCS themselves will take into consideration into incorporating some of them at least into the mode itself.

For me
1 Weight management (axles and gross) and more in depth trailer restrictions route network wise with proper hefty fines if caught overweight or on a non designated route.

The 2nd is properly company management scheme with proper fleet and division organisation from planning loads and routes with AI drivers also with fatigue management in place. And a contract based system with freight companies or shippers to develop reputation in acquiring better harder more rewarding loads or tasks as you yourself develop more.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Ideas and Suggestions for ATS Hardcore mode

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 06 Jul 2022 13:20

um Howey we have a wishlist and suggestion thread .-. viewforum.php?f=185
flight50

⅝Re: Ideas and Suggestions for ATS Hardcore mode

#3 Post by flight50 » 06 Jul 2022 14:09

The topic is kinda specific to a particular mode though that does't exist yet. It could be a valid an interesting thread.

For me:
1. Purchasable plots of land to build your fleet. Modular buildings, landscaping, pavement types, signage, livery, fencing, lighting.... I'd say 4-5 possible locations per dlc.
2. More truck part maintenance due to failures. Brake fade, clutch, rears, transmission, turbos, battery.
3. Controlling trailer loads. This brings weigh stations, scales and inspection failures into play.
4. More realistic delays. Rush hr/traffic jams, traffic light malfunctions, timed detours, missed delivery windows. All depots should not accept cargo 24/7.
howey

#4 Post by howey » 07 Jul 2022 01:27

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 06 Jul 2022 13:20 um Howey we have a wishlist and suggestion thread .
As Flight said this is more specific for hardcore mode compared to General wishlist hence why I created it. Though it being moved here will have little interest for it though since I was hoping to bring attention to it as well has giving input towards it as well......

@flight50 good ideas points 1 & 2 are really worthy could set up you own company workshop to do maintenance as well as organising loads trailers trucks etc all within your own yard. Same goes with the maintenance it would bring in that extra physics factor to play/work with.
harishw8r

#5 Post by harishw8r » 07 Jul 2022 01:56

Flight pretty much summarized everything I would like to see in a hardcore mode!
Optional Features

Re: ⅝Re: Ideas and Suggestions for ATS Hardcore mode

#6 Post by Optional Features » 07 Jul 2022 04:14

flight50 wrote: 06 Jul 2022 14:09 1. Purchasable plots of land to build your fleet. Modular buildings, landscaping, pavement types, signage, livery, fencing, lighting.... I'd say 4-5 possible locations per dlc.
Just this alone would do so much for the game: I want my yard to be different from yours and different yet from Howey' I want a logging company's yard to be different from a tanker company or a refrigerated meats hauler.

Buyable land and placeable buildings and objects would also open up another genre of mods that has yet to be tapped, but could include all kinds of things from houses to trailer loaders to fuel tanks and more.
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 07 Jul 2022 05:27

howey wrote: 07 Jul 2022 01:27 @flight50 good ideas points 1 & 2 are really worthy could set up you own company workshop to do maintenance as well as organising loads trailers trucks etc all within your own yard. Same goes with the maintenance it would bring in that extra physics factor to play/work with.
This also rolls into MP. One of the best things that could happen from MP besides increase the amount now is SCS supporting VTC's. A livery system that has save slots for others in the party to use. Heck make livery a dlc that is highly customizable like what Forza does. Make a basic core livery system but if you ant more, buy the dlc if SCS went there.
rookie31st

#8 Post by rookie31st » 07 Jul 2022 16:56

howey wrote: 06 Jul 2022 13:19So a few years ago now SCS teased about a Hardcore mode coming at some point for us to experience for us players.
For some reason, I'm sure we won't see anything done in this direction for another 3 years.
I'd love to be wrong, but I shelved the game for now.

I have more fun doing FSEconomy flights in MSFS now, dreaming about WoTr being developed into the "FSEconomy for truckers" - it could offer a shared multiplayer world with persistent trucks and trailers, including ownership, and virtual trucking companies that could rent trucks to newer players, and a real economy based on supply and demand without the need to rewrite the game's engine. WoTr could also track truck's performance, calculating damage/wear and tear and providing deeper truck maintenance on a web-based platform accessible everywhere, with the game used basically just to complete the job and configure your owned trucks/trailers
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
howey

#9 Post by howey » 08 Jul 2022 00:57

@flight50 when you say liveries I'm guessing you own company truck/trailer etc skins you can setup yourself with the basic tools already supplied to do so. Yeah I can see the benefit all you said for MP although I don't use it but for the players that do would be cool.

@rookie31st Yeah I agree your right only it not happening anytime some but we can only hope it does come one day soon.

Really like your point on using WOT user for tracking. Could be a official virtual E-log or Work diary you could use for it tracking all your stats and data you have done or acquired over time. I dig it.

Same with renting vehicles and have other players use your trucks to delivery your freight on your behalf like a subbie or hired worker.
Optional Features

#10 Post by Optional Features » 08 Jul 2022 01:38

On that last point @howey , we should be able to lease a truck if ours has a mechanical problem, even in the middle of a load.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”