Montana Discussion Thread

Trucker_71

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#3581 Post by Trucker_71 » 07 Aug 2022 16:05

@-MLP- The X's are an option in 1.45. You can turn them on or off. ;)
Last edited by Trucker_71 on 07 Aug 2022 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Sanssouci

#3582 Post by Sanssouci » 07 Aug 2022 16:12

Sanssouci wrote: 06 Aug 2022 21:13 I have been playing for a few hours since release and I haven't had an external contract come up that involved going to Montana - has anyone else experienced this? It could well all be in my head!
This is still an issue for me - I've tried from Idaho, I even quick travelled into Helena MT and there were no external jobs available! Can't imagine what is wrong because no one else seems to have the issue..
halbtollekreatur

#3583 Post by halbtollekreatur » 07 Aug 2022 16:13

Shiva wrote: 07 Aug 2022 15:26 Wait, fictional?
Do you mean CA-120? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Yosem ... 19.5383294
Or do you mean the southern road? Ca-180, that ends in a dead en IRL? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Yosem ... 19.5383294
The one that is going from Fresno and comes out near Sunny Slopes. As @Bedavd shoes in his map the road is not there in RL. It follows the California State Route 168 for a while and becomes fictional later. I think that is the reason why Reforma took it out in their Sierra Nevada mod.
EDIT: Think we are talking about the same road. 168 or 180.
Tristman

#3584 Post by Tristman » 07 Aug 2022 16:17

Sanssouci wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:12
Sanssouci wrote: 06 Aug 2022 21:13 I have been playing for a few hours since release and I haven't had an external contract come up that involved going to Montana - has anyone else experienced this? It could well all be in my head!
This is still an issue for me - I've tried from Idaho, I even quick travelled into Helena MT and there were no external jobs available! Can't imagine what is wrong because no one else seems to have the issue..
Mods? Trailer not compatible with the available cargo? No World of Trucks connection?
Just some ideas of what could go wrong.
Sanssouci

#3585 Post by Sanssouci » 07 Aug 2022 16:24

Tristman wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:17

Mods? Trailer not compatible with the available cargo? No World of Trucks connection?
Just some ideas of what could go wrong.
I'm looking at external contracts without a trailer attached (although I've tried with box and fuel trailers too); No mods and WOT connection is still fine, working for other contracts too.

EDIT: I had to go into Online Settings, and reconnect to WoT even though it was saying I was connected to WoT... Fixed now! Thanks!
flight50

#3586 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 17:20

Shiva wrote: 07 Aug 2022 15:26 flight50, downtown dropops? Would be nice if/when multi pickup/drops gets implemented.
We don't need multi drop for this necessarily. Depends on the cargo. Town centers has lots of multi level building. Both commercial and residential. Once we get moving style trailers, we can do moves for office buildings and residential and they are full trailer loads, not multi drop. If SCS reallly wanted to spice it up, they could make a few large houses in neighborhoods and we delivers to them on the street. Furniture, office supplies, medical equipment...all that could got to moving style trailers.
sirvito

#3587 Post by sirvito » 07 Aug 2022 17:30

As for hidden roads, -MLP- and SchleichDi have a valid point. I remember that as I was cruising around Austria, there were several roads that didn't have XXX barriers on them and they seemed quite legit. However, you soon realize that there are invisible walls and you weren't meant to visit those roads. This got me discouraged into exploring hidden roads as I don't want to fight this system. It may work for a game where you control a walking, lively character but here you drive trucks which require a little bit more space and patience to move around. I agree there is still some room for improvement.
SchleichDi wrote: 07 Aug 2022 15:41 Also, luck-based achievements suck. Refreshing the job market dozens of times in the hopes of getting the stuff you need is not fun whatsoever.
This is a discussion for another topic really but achievements are something I don't like in its current form. There are several things I disagree with: no way to easy track the progress (how do I know which of several deliveries of a certain achievement I've already done?), some of them are just stupidly grindy (pathfinder in ETS2 which punishes people who bought DLCs) and others, as you said, are a bit luck-based to get a particular delivery. Also, the need for DLCs to get 100% but that's a bit controversial and there might be different opinions on that. IMO achievements should represent actual achievements that require at least some conscious action to achieve, not really "get them as you play" and don't even notice once you actually get them. However, it might be hard to think of such a system in a game that doesn't pose much challenge or provide enough gameplay variation.

I'd really make another topic to discuss this issue further to keep this one about Montanta only.
BuddyE

#3588 Post by BuddyE » 07 Aug 2022 17:54

I just made the trip through Glacier NP. What a sight!
Fun fact: When i first went West -> East it started raining. All those waterfalls that go under the road at the pass were running.
When i turned around for the East -> West trip it became sunny again.
And they did not run this time!

Nice detail. :)
BuddyE

#3589 Post by BuddyE » 07 Aug 2022 17:59

Try using a Reefer trailer. This gives you the most loads anywhere. I had no problem doing all deliveries without ever leaving the state. (First load i did from Casper)
Tristman

#3590 Post by Tristman » 07 Aug 2022 18:06

Sanssouci wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:24
I'm looking at external contracts without a trailer attached (although I've tried with box and fuel trailers too); No mods and WOT connection is still fine, working for other contracts too.

EDIT: I had to go into Online Settings, and reconnect to WoT even though it was saying I was connected to WoT... Fixed now! Thanks!
Sounds like it didn’t register Montana on your WoT profile. I’m not sure why it otherwise wouldn’t give you jobs into Montana. Normally when you install a new DLC, the game will tell you after starting up or entering your profile that you need to add the new DLC to your WoT, which is just clicking a button. Maybe for some reason it didn’t ask you, or you forgot to register it?

Return to “General discussion about the game”