CarbonGTGaming

Re: A good idea for SCS and the north

#81 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 07 Aug 2022 15:31

It’s hard to decide I guess it’s all good
TrucksTopGER

#82 Post by TrucksTopGER » 07 Aug 2022 20:48

Hey Juli
I like your ideas for an may upcoming map expansion for the northern Scandinavia. That would be an very massive area that the developers have to fill. In addition, from Swedens deep forests to Norways high mountains, it has much potential to become very challenging, especially off the asphalt. Sounds even like a good opportunity to expand the unmarked road feature... ;)
But you really impress me by the info and research material you provided already. I'm very sure, that's very helpful and SCS can work with a lot of informations from your dropboxes. It's good that the cities choosed aren't too near by each other, because of the 1:19 scale every piece on the map has to meet, of course. Your story about the recent trip to Nordkap with the images is pleasing to read. Remarkably the truck and trailer combis the Scandinaviens use to drive, even in normal freight traffic in narrow industrial areas.
By the way, in the very northern part along the coast, smaller villages that only have one or two companies (fishery or forestry) would be ideal to represent the right atmosphere of the "loneliness" in the game. For better und clearer visuals, they may mark their names with a smaller font on the world map, like Södertälje or some ferry ports.
Now and of course, it would be really interesting to know on what direction they think to go after DLC West Balkans. Maybe it's time for a "nordic dream" after this already. Excluded SCS, who knows... :D
Best Regards
Juli On Tour

#83 Post by Juli On Tour » 08 Aug 2022 13:59

TrucksTopGER wrote: 07 Aug 2022 20:48 Hey Juli
I like your ideas for an may upcoming map expansion for the northern Scandinavia. That would be an very massive area that the developers have to fill. In addition, from Swedens deep forests to Norways high mountains, it has much potential to become very challenging, especially off the asphalt. Sounds even like a good opportunity to expand the unmarked road feature... ;)
But you really impress me by the info and research material you provided already. I'm very sure, that's very helpful and SCS can work with a lot of informations from your dropboxes. It's good that the cities choosed aren't too near by each other, because of the 1:19 scale every piece on the map has to meet, of course. Your story about the recent trip to Nordkap with the images is pleasing to read. Remarkably the truck and trailer combis the Scandinaviens use to drive, even in normal freight traffic in narrow industrial areas.
By the way, in the very northern part along the coast, smaller villages that only have one or two companies (fishery or forestry) would be ideal to represent the right atmosphere of the "loneliness" in the game. For better und clearer visuals, they may mark their names with a smaller font on the world map, like Södertälje or some ferry ports.
Now and of course, it would be really interesting to know on what direction they think to go after DLC West Balkans. Maybe it's time for a "nordic dream" after this already. Excluded SCS, who knows... :D
Best Regards
Hello Kevin Thank you for the kind words. I hope that an SCS employee will see what I do here voluntarily. Best regards Julian
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
Davina

#84 Post by Davina » 08 Aug 2022 14:30

You forgot the most unforgettable village of Å. & Ii.
Juli On Tour

#85 Post by Juli On Tour » 09 Aug 2022 14:42

Davina wrote: 08 Aug 2022 14:30 You forgot the most unforgettable village of Å. & Ii.
That's not true. Å is on pages 38 to 42.
42 and another is Reine i Lofoten.
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
CarbonGTGaming

#86 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 09 Nov 2022 02:06

This is a little late not sure if anyone noticed but someone here on the forums said that Northern Scandinavia might be the next DLC after West Balkans he found a file within Europe.mgn with a screenshot of Scandinavia the dark blue dots are the Cities that are available in Scandinavia DLC however if you look further north they are Light blue dots and they are far north and here’s proof if you know what cities these dots cover feel free to name them here however this might not be the final they could be more in the future
Attachments
D7B82344-0259-40FF-B86D-4F13DAF3C8C9.jpeg
Juli On Tour

#87 Post by Juli On Tour » 09 Nov 2022 08:13

@CarbonGTGaming
Looks super cool. SCS and whoever posted or created this map is welcome to help me here. Please share.
Davina

#88 Post by Davina » 09 Nov 2022 09:44

Looks spectacular, at the risk of sounding much younger I can't wait. I used to go up through to the north on ProMods but that just became too much of an arse to deal with every time there was an official game update.
alluke

#89 Post by alluke » 09 Nov 2022 11:27

The density looks too high, even with Finland added the area should have less cities than Iberia.
Juli On Tour

#90 Post by Juli On Tour » 09 Nov 2022 14:43

alluke wrote: 09 Nov 2022 11:27 The density looks too high, even with Finland added the area should have less cities than Iberia.
Yes, it's relatively tight. With me here in the post, you will find two PDFs about a Hurtigruten trip and about the North Cape prices as a suggestion. Norway should be more sparsely populated the further north you go. Mo i Rana is very important with the industrial park.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”