Lack of customization options?

dahaka

Lack of customization options?

#1 Post by dahaka » 07 Aug 2022 12:16

This is a topic that has been bothering me since the launch of ATS, but I haven't made a thread about it, as it was still a new game, and I was hoping things would change towards the better. I am talking about the lack of customization compared to ETS2. For example, a lot of the recently added trailers, are made completely of chrome / shiny aluminum, and there is no option to make them painted. Now I understand that chrome parts are very popular in the USA, especially with owner operators, but I don't see why we can't have an option to paint the entirety of our silo or cistern trailers.
Is there something i'm missing? Is there like a law in the USA that requires certain types of trailers to be made out of shiny metal?

There also seems to not be an option to make the metal fenders/mudguards of certain trailers into chrome, namely the ones of the fuel cisterns, while the option is there on other trailers. Why is this so? Maybe the devs can shed some light on this for me?

I also like to keep my trucks and trailers painted with the same color scheme, like they belong to the same company, you know, and the "Union" paintjob on the truck has 4 adjustable colors, while the one of the cistern trailer only has 2 adjustable colors, making it impossible to make the colors of the truck and trailer match. Maybe im the only one bothered by this, I dont know.

Last but not least, the trucks also seem to not have that many customization options, for example, on the peterbilt 389, the low roof sleeper cannot be equipped with the turbo wing deflector, which is something ive seen it with in real life, why not put that option in? Or the international 9900i, why not add the option for sleeper roof lights like on the kenworth w900 or the peterbilt 389. Why no wind deflector and turbo wing of any kind either? They clearly exist in real life:
[ external image ]

Also, no painted fuel tanks, only aluminum and chrome, pretty weird, considering it would take the devs a grand total of 5 mins to add something like this.
And these are just a few examples.

So why do we have so few customization options? Do the licenses not allow anything more? Or is there another logical explanation?
Travismods

Re: Lack of customization options?

#2 Post by Travismods » 07 Aug 2022 12:22

Yeah, it's yet another aspect of ATS where SCS haven't been putting a lot of effort in. Virtually all mod trucks are better in this regard than SCS own work lol.
BJWyler

#3 Post by BJWyler » 07 Aug 2022 21:11

Well, hopefully they are moving in the right direction. I was frustrated for a long time with the lack of options for inside the cab. We've finally gotten some stuff on that front over the last couple of years.
Graf_Boinenn

#4 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 08 Aug 2022 13:47

Those are good questions but the issue seems to come from the brands. The accesories and tuning parts don't convince the brands, that's why with 1.44 -and Renault Tuninc Pack DLC- they added the option to see the origin of the custom piece (manufacturer or 3rd party). I don't think is fair to talk about PACCAR trucks in ATS since they were released in the original game and no updates were made to them since then. Also, a lot of things changed since then... it's like a different game. Different way of model the trucks, different relationship with the manufacturers... let's see how it goes with the new models from PACCAR. About the 9900i... if that came as an optional from the factory... well it seems SCS failed there. But also, I remember Pavel saying that they will go for the tuning packs once they have the 7 mayor brands onboard. Since it's stuff worked by the vehicle team and they have been VERY busy because there are not dedicated vehicle team for ATS & other for ETS2... I think it will take some time. WS 57X was a project with a due date and priority. Now the MAN TGX 2020 it's in the pipeline for ETS2 and other branded trailers. Krone new ones for the 1.45 update was another time consumer, Lode King trailers too... let's see what's next. Also, we have other stuff we don't know.

The thing about the tankers... I agree 100%. Don't know why they can't offer the 2 options. Plain/normal paint and chrome for both games. Because appliying the skins in the chromed one it's a nightmnare.

And cabin accesories on ATS... SCS didn't know if it was legal or not to have accesories in the cabin and where.

Return to “General discussion about the game”