Traffic - lack of variation (suggestion)

Gomer

Traffic - lack of variation (suggestion)

#1 Post by Gomer » 07 Aug 2022 09:54

Hi Truckers - greetings from Norway

I have been putting in about 100 hours into the game. I have finished Wyoming earlier and now the Montana events. I really like this game alot but there is a thing that bugs me. The lack of variation in the traffic. Being from Norway I do not know alot about traffic in the NA but I know every driver do not follow one set pattern of behaviour. We have catious drivers and we have aggresive drivers. In a simulation game there should be dome depth to this I think. So why not add new feature to the AI and give them a behaviour stat going from 1 to 10 (1 being cautious and 10 being flat out aggresive). The further out on the scale you come the more rare it should be and most AI drivers should be around the middle of the scale. And they should just seed the game with random personalities across the game.

A few other things with AI

1. AI should in most cases see if a moving object (heavy) is coming towards a merging point. Not push in just because it can (so many times I have been rammed because I cannot stop)
2. Police AI - why not have the police car follow you with sirens ect. and pull you over? This not a simulator? It feel very very shallow that you only hear a "kachiiing - money gone" sound.
3. Emergency vehicles (police, ambulance, fire engines) should have random events happening to them. So if you have a ambulance infront of you it suddenly gets a call and it goes full speed sirens blazing. Would add depth to the game.

These things are probably discussed in here every day. But this is only my humble opinion anyways.

Thanks for reading.
halbtollekreatur

Re: Traffic - lack of variation (suggestion)

#2 Post by halbtollekreatur » 07 Aug 2022 16:51

I would also love to see police with signals on going over red and increasing speed etc.
nautofon

Re: Traffic - lack of variation (suggestion)

#3 Post by nautofon » 08 Aug 2022 14:05

Gomer wrote: ↑07 Aug 2022 09:54 I know every driver do not follow one set pattern of behaviour. We have catious drivers and we have aggresive drivers. In a simulation game there should be dome depth to this I think. So why not add new feature to the AI and give them a behaviour stat going from 1 to 10 (1 being cautious and 10 being flat out aggresive). The further out on the scale you come the more rare it should be and most AI drivers should be around the middle of the scale. And they should just seed the game with random personalities across the game.
Yes, absolutely: AI traffic needs more randomized behavior.

There is some discussion about AI problems on the general forum in viewtopic.php?t=291989. If I recall correctly, this particular issue also came up. Among the many ideas mentioned in that other thread, this behavior randomization stands out as perhaps being a relatively minor change in the game's code, but with possibly a big impact on how real the AI "feels" while playing.

I think this should be one of the first things SCS looks at during an overhaul of the AI.
For driving without GPS navigation:Β  ATS Company/Facility Directory β€” C/FD

Return to β€œFeature Wishlist and Suggestions”