Texas Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4531 Post by Shiva » 08 Aug 2022 18:09

Bedavd has a nice map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 390715&z=6
There is more than Corpus Christi, TX.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
AlexxxF1

#4532 Post by AlexxxF1 » 08 Aug 2022 19:16

oldmanclippy wrote: 06 Aug 2022 14:50 to show the world and all those hundreds of thousands of daily ETS2 players that ATS is serious and ready to compete with ETS2 in all aspects, not just visual.
If Texas is great and brings ATS to the next level in terms of ICCs to compete with ETS2, well then the player count could start to rise over time.
Well, in the visual aspect, the ATS is far superior to the ETS2 :D .

But most of those who have constantly seen European trucks since childhood or every day prefer them more than American ones.
just like road signs, nature.
People are accustomed to and prefer what constantly surrounds them now or in childhood.
those who grew up among the mountains love mountains more.
those who grew up and saw the fields constantly love the fields in the game.
those who grew up in the forest love the forest more.
the same with the sea or rivers.
Europeans prefer to play and like ETS2 more than ATS, the same goes for Americans who love and prefer ATS more than ETS2.
Yes, the mountains are majestic, yes the sea is beautiful. But still closer to the soul, what surrounded you in childhood.
I may of course be wrong about all of this. but this is from my personal observations of people.

More ATS players will bring more densely populated areas like Texas or Chicago, Indianapolis.
or a very large map in size. no one will refuse to travel on long and distant routes.
everyone has heard of Coast to Coast, and every who real love trucks would dream of making such a journey, even in the virtual world.

:arrow: For me personally, the number and novelty of companies in any DLС does not play any role.
if there was one company for the whole city and exactly the same company in another city, that would be enough for me.
I am not very interested in the company and its cargo, I am more interested in the road and the journey itself, moving between cities.
the more cities, roads on the whole map, for me this is the most important.
Yes, this is for me personally.
Yes, there were so many new companies in Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC. But it was easy to do, as the countries of the former post-Soviet space were opening up, and it was like day and night with Western countries. I am sure in HoR DLC we would not have received so many new companies. 10 new at best :!: , everyone else would be from Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC.
Iberia DLC, almost twice the size of Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC. Iberia has 50 new cities, but has received only 20 new companies.

(so even having a size twice the size of BtBS with 33 new companies and comparable to Iberia, HoR won't get 66 new companies).

So if there are 27 cities and 10-12 new companies in Texas DLC, then that will be enough for me.
I wouldn't want ATS to be some sort of mess of companies, some kind of confetti.

I, like probably most people, look forward to Texas because of its size, its megalopolis (Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, El Paso), its access to the east coast.
I love traveling between big cities to country music or rock. Seattle - Los Angeles, Los Angeles - Denver, San Francisco -SLC-Cheyenne, Seattle- Denver through the north. This is something that ETS2 does not have. ATS has its own unique and amazing atmosphere :idea: .
oldmanclippy

#4533 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Aug 2022 19:37

We know of at least 19 companies that would have come with Heart of Russia. So it was in line with previous DLCs, even though only one country was represented (which also was represented previously). 10-12 new companies for Texas, especially considering that ATS has only had 33 companies added by paid map DLCs in its history, would not be enough even for the most scenery-focused players. It needs 15-20 bare minimum IMO, more like 30 to catch up for everything besides Oregon.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
killingjoke28336

#4534 Post by killingjoke28336 » 08 Aug 2022 19:44

AlexxxF1 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 19:16
oldmanclippy wrote: 06 Aug 2022 14:50 to show the world and all those hundreds of thousands of daily ETS2 players that ATS is serious and ready to compete with ETS2 in all aspects, not just visual.
If Texas is great and brings ATS to the next level in terms of ICCs to compete with ETS2, well then the player count could start to rise over time.
Well, in the visual aspect, the ATS is far superior to the ETS2 :D .

But most of those who have constantly seen European trucks since childhood or every day prefer them more than American ones.
just like road signs, nature.
People are accustomed to and prefer what constantly surrounds them now or in childhood.
those who grew up among the mountains love mountains more.
those who grew up and saw the fields constantly love the fields in the game.
those who grew up in the forest love the forest more.
the same with the sea or rivers.
Europeans prefer to play and like ETS2 more than ATS, the same goes for Americans who love and prefer ATS more than ETS2.
Yes, the mountains are majestic, yes the sea is beautiful. But still closer to the soul, what surrounded you in childhood.
I may of course be wrong about all of this. but this is from my personal observations of people.

Well it is the opposite for me, I very much prefer the American trucks and landscape to the European one eventhough I live there.
flight50

#4535 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 19:48

@AlexxxF1 I totally agree with your assessment. The population of Europe is massive compared to the US. But Europe is a continent. The US is a country. North America on the other hand is the continent. So more people beyond the US are in North America in which are use to conventional trucks. Still doesn't mean a lot though. Not to mention there is Africa, Asia, South America that use Euro style trucks. Australia has the best of both worlds, they have both. So its a no brainer why Euro style trucks capture more attention. Its more world wide. But ATS does offer a change of pace. ATS will never equal ETS2 numbers based on population though. But I do think ATS could be good enough to avg 12-15k daily players some day. So close to half of what ETS2 has. Right now the avg is about 6-7k unless a new dlc's is out. Texas could change that if its done right. I've watched avg player base gradually grow from 4k a day to that 6-7k over the past several years. The more trucks and maps come, the more people come.

I can agree that ATS has the upper hand visually. Its the newer game. Now for Texas. If Texas got 10-12 new companies, that may work for some people. But that is super low and doesn't work for the vast majority of people that know that Texas offers more. If we get 10-12 new companies with Texas that means that we get a ton of copy paste. That's the bad part. It means that the devs didn't want to spend the time to bring more variety/diversity. It takes more resources yes, but its a necessary one for Texas.

Since Texas starts a new region, flood the dlc with new company's. That sets up the rest of ATS for both old and future dlc's. Texas has the space to pull this off. No other state can do this. California is the second closest in size and amount of large cities with industry. The rebuilds should be adding a lot there but so far only 1. That's not good. Not by a long shot. Less than 15 new companies would be disappointing for Texas imho. When we see what ETS2 maps produce which are similar sized dlc's or smaller, that is bad for Texas. Most ETS2 maps are done within 18 months and still flooded with ICCs. Texas is double that dev time already so it should produce similar results....at least it should. Industry isn't related to population though. You can have industry A be ran by 5000 people and you can have industry B ran by 3 people. No matter what........that industry exist. Cargo still exist.

Maybe Pavel's new direction includes a lot more industry perhaps that's the direction to go now. The South is oil and live stock heavy. What new industries can we get into ATS now for that splash of new? Its that new potential for ICC's is why I like the map teams moving in all directions. One direction limits us.
55sixxx

#4536 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Aug 2022 20:14

Well... I'm with @AlexxxF1 here. For me, the joyful part is driving and I'd be okay if we only get a handful of new companies. The one thing that would (And most certainly will) leave a bad taste in my mouth regarding Texas, is the possible lack of real life accuracy. This DLC is in the works longer than Iberia was and has already been delayed, when it releases, it has to be a great DLC. It has over 30 mappers currently working on it and it was said to be a "All hand on Texas" situation, so it has to come out before 2022 ends, if not, i'm sorry to say it but it will be a bit of incompetence (Yes, strong word but it is what it is). Production was started in 2019 (Don't know when exactly) but we can be sure that is over 30 months.
Marcello Julio

#4537 Post by Marcello Julio » 08 Aug 2022 20:24

From the blogs we've had, Texaslooks amazing so far, apart from some problems that they already know. And the next blogs will be important.
flight50

#4538 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 21:41

Well 30 mappers on Texas wasn't full time though. That's now that Montana can spare some. Its 30 for the push.

2 things from the blogs we haven't really seen yet. 1) one of the mega cities and 2) the boring open lands which is all around Texas between the cities. I suppose the boring plains won't really get shown because that's not what people want to see. We didn't really get that with Montana. If West Texas is heavy on green vegetation for July, I think it would be kinda like I-94 is in Montana. Most of West Texas is dry. It starts out desert then transitions to dry vegetation and then the closer you get to I-35, greenery comes. It will then get even thicker green as you head into Arkansas and Louisana.
angrybirdseller

#4539 Post by angrybirdseller » 08 Aug 2022 23:40

They will need extra help but not 30 mappers on Texas at this point as it likely some will reassigned for couple months to the rebuild team, and others rough build Oklahoma. Sure, extra will get extra help to polish, but vast majority is going to be organizing internet beta testing. The beta testing just look for game breaking bugs and fix them and massive amount of optimization especially as cities are concerned.
harishw8r

#4540 Post by harishw8r » 09 Aug 2022 03:59

Regarding ICCs:
I don’t think Texas need to bring a whole lot of new companies. That said, I think they should address the ICC problem in two ways
1. Bring region-specific companies with the DLC itself. For Texas this would mean Car, Cotton, Pecan, Glass, Logging, Airports and so. These companies should be new without saying.
2. Industries that are common everywhere should have varieties all over the map and cannot simply go by a region-based approach. Companies like Wallbert (please change the name, SCS) and SellGoods should present all over the map but there should also be other equivalents in the map, spread everywhere. Then add a tiny bit of region-specific brands into it.

ICCs falling in group 2 need not necessarily come with Texas but if they do, they should be sprinkled all over the map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”