North American Agriculture Discussion

flight50

Re: North American Agriculture Discussion

#101 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2022 08:24

The concept in theory is good for that style of dynamic. That is dynamic live crops which would be sweet. The idea I'm speaking of above is dynamic upon loading ATS each time we play. So its more or less dynamic each time we play but static as well. Its predetermined per loading of the game but it still swaps out. Crops growing before our eyes is serious advanced stuff. Its more of a farming simulator type feel. I like it but that's light years ahead of now. We'll see what SCS can pull off in the future.
flight50

#102 Post by flight50 » 04 Jan 2023 16:59

flight50 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 09:30 So with the farm set to dynamic, each of these crops can randomly generate what this farm produces. Each time the game loads up, the crops are set based on the options available. So every time you come to this prefab over several days of playing ATS, the farm could look different for each plot on Farm A.
I now wonder if SCS is already capable of randomly generated crops per load up. With the Texas dlc, SCS developed Nielsen Roadworks to change up per session of the game played. The farms themselves would stay in place but the crops on the farms can by similar to Nielsen and change up around the prefab.
Therealdetonator

#103 Post by Therealdetonator » 05 Dec 2023 11:15

In my experience with farming, incorporating advanced technology has greatly enhanced our operations, and it could also add a lot of depth to ATS. We've been using the ThingsBoard platform for smart farming IoT solutions, and it's been vital. This platform helps us monitor everything from crop growth to humidity levels. It's incredible how it processes all this data to give us valuable insights. The intelligent farming dashboard, in particular, is a standout feature. It allows us to control critical aspects like silo aeration easily. Integrating similar tech into ATS could enhance the gaming experience, making it more immersive and reflective of modern farming practices.
oldmanclippy

#104 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Dec 2023 16:37

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread before, but I think these maps are particularly good at illustrating where different crops are produced:

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and_Maps/Crops_County/
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#105 Post by flight50 » 20 Dec 2023 19:24

Nope, that hasn't been posted before. I have something similar on page one but not remotely close to the depth in what that link has. Hopefully the devs see this page and follow that link. Lots of good guidance there for Agriculture. I surely wish Agriculture had more of a monopoly in ATS. It can be a really dominant industry.
oldmanclippy

#106 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Dec 2023 19:56

The rice map shows just how important rice is for Arkansas too. If we get through Nebraska without corn, Iowa without soybeans, Dakotas without at least a couple of these oats/barley/flaxseed/alfalfa/sunflower, Arkansas without rice, Georgia without peanuts, etc, then what's even the point in including farms in the game.

[ external image ]

I would prefer we be in the position where the major important crops are in and we're not worried about future states bringing the rest, so we can focus on advocating for more niche crops: canola in North Dakota, wild rice in Minnesota, cranberries in Wisconsin, etc. But having to bite our nails waiting for the major crops first before worrying about the rest is certainly demoralizing.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#107 Post by flight50 » 20 Dec 2023 20:02

Lol. Yes I can agree with that. There are several misses with Agricultural across the board. Some things just make sense to make it a force per state. There will always be a number one state for a particular crop. I just wish the top 3 states for a particular crop, all got that crop. That is what I envisioned for ATS when I made this thread. Tons of cargo in this thread that can be part of the game. If the top 3 states of (x) cargo made ATS, those 3 states should be fleshed out to compliment the biggest crop economy.

It hurt not getting wheat for Kansas. It did loose its number one spot to North Dakota recently but still at number 2, wheat is valid.....very valid.
Optional Features

#108 Post by Optional Features » 20 Dec 2023 20:30

oldmanclippy wrote: 20 Dec 2023 19:56 I would prefer we be in the position where the major important crops are in and we're not worried about future states bringing the rest, so we can focus on advocating for more niche crops: canola in North Dakota, wild rice in Minnesota, cranberries in Wisconsin, etc. But having to bite our nails waiting for the major crops first before worrying about the rest is certainly demoralizing.
Yeah, the ag situation has been bad for a while. SCS didn't even include the Palouse in Washington which has some of the most productive wheat ground in the world. They nearly completely missed Oregon's ag as well, which is a global leader in hay production and grass seed production, and a sizable player in blueberries, hazelnuts, wheat, and more.

And of course California has been a big miss since day one, and probably will be even after the rework. I saw a mention of almonds yesterday, but considering we won't have an almond trailer, it's a miss before they even include it.

This is an almond trailer for reference:
[ external image ]

Just California ag alone could have been a dlc: there are so many unique crops, machines, and trailers used in that state it's astounding.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”