West Balkans Expansion Discussion

parasaurolophus67

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#401 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 08 Aug 2022 13:38

welp, theirs's your answer! xD
Sovereign 89

WB Croatia speculation map (fan made)

#402 Post by Sovereign 89 » 08 Aug 2022 14:03

As title of topic says, I was a little bored lately and had my mind preoccupied thinking about what roads and cities from my country SCS might include in West Balkans DLC, so I have decided to try my luck and do some predictions of it.
Hence, when you take all of that in considerations my speculations could be quite accurate (if not spot on). Besides I will try to explain my maps in detail so you can get a better picture how this part of DLC might come out once released.

So let's get started with country road maps first, of which I have 3 different version including most important major and minor roads that will or might be included within WB DLC.

1. Croatia's road map v. 1
[ external image ]

As you can see from the picture I have highlighted some of the roads with red and orange color. The red roads are the ones that I'm certain 99-100% we will get with DLC, and to the orange roads I'm giving up to 80% chance they might get included too. So highlighted roads in red color are major highways that connect biggest cities of my country, as well as the most important border crossings. Roads highlighted in orange connect other lager cities, some of the border crossings as well, and can be used as alternate routes for trucking (especially when it comes to detour events). All in all it is a pretty straightforward map with majority of state covered, but still a minimalistic approach to my country's road network. Due to the scale of map in game, it is very possible this will be the final outcome, but I don't think we'll see anything less than this. I might be wrong though and some parts get omitted in first version of WB DLC, but added later when SCS decides it is time to refresh DLC.

2. Croatia's road map v. 2
[ external image ]

This version of map besides red and orange roads I've included in previous version, also contains roads highlighted by magenta (or purple) color. These roads are still quite important and fun to drive, although due to scale of game they might unfortunately be left out. However, it would be nice to have at least some of them as they can either give us alternate routes for detour events, or lead to another marked city (like Bjelovar for example that is in the middle of map and still quite distant to other major cities/towns). If nothing else from those roads get represented, I would at least very much like to see old road D2 which runs concurrent to main A1 highway, and could be used as good detour route. It is also passing through some very nice scenery, but not as much as D1 coastal road, which I'm giving more chance of being included with DLC.

3. Croatia's road map v. 3
[ external image ]

My final and least likely version of map to be included in DLC besides mentioned red, orange and magenta roads, also contains secondary and some minor roads highlighted in blue and green colors. These roads could be either used as connections between those major roads (could be helpful for detours as well), lead to prefabs, or to some of our biggest islands (in this case Kirk comes to mind as you can see). With that being said, due to map scale and everything else that might be included in between I really don't have a lot of hope for those being included with DLC, but SCS might always surprise us so I decided to cover those too. And as you can see from the legend for blue roads I'm giving up to 30% chance of being represented, while for the green ones only 10%. It would be nice to see at least Krk as deliverable area, but due to Rijeka and Pula being near I seriously doubt it will happen. Maybe SCS surprises me though and we get some of island of Brač instead which is my favorite place for summer vacation, but chances for that are like 1% so I haven't even included that possibility in my map. :lol:

Now I will move on to the cities and towns that we will or may see included in DLC.

[ external image ]

Notice the marked cities at the map by their names being contained inside differently colored rectangles. Well these are the cities that I think will or may be included in WB DLC. And different colors of rectangles actually represent their importance as well as probability to get included. I'll explain now that in detail as much as I can.

A) Cities in red rectangles are obviously largest cities that I'm up to 100% confident we'll see in game. These are Zagreb (capital and biggest city in my country where I live), Split (second biggest city and major tourist/ferries port), Rijeka (third city by size and major cargo port in country), Osijek (biggest city in eastern par of state with nearby important border crossing with Hungary), Zadar (decent sized central most Adriatic city), Slavonski Brod (largest city on A3/E70 highway between Zagreb and Belgrade) and Dubrovnik (major tourist attraction town as well as being on the way towards Boka Kotorska, and containing ferry to Bari - Italy).

B) Cities/towns in orange rectangles are second largest and most important ones in my country. I'm giving them up to 70% to show up in game, at least as small dots if nothing else. These include Pula (biggest city on Istra peninsula), Šibenik (fairly big city between Zadar and Split that contains some important roads' crossings as well), Varaždin (biggest city on the north of country with important border crossing nearby; it was also a capital city during one period in the Croatia's past), Virovitica (biggest city on road known as Podravska magistrala), Koprivnica (second biggest city in region of Podravina and home to a very imporant Podravka factory).
Now I'll try to further explain why I think these towns might be represented in DLC at least as small dots, or not at all.

- Pula we know is fairly big town not too far from Rijeka, as well as Koper and Trieste. It contains ferry to Venice as somewhat mentioned in the post above and has at least some small industrial area if I'm not mistaken. However, due to proximity of bigger cities which I mentioned map scale might not allow Pula to be included, but then again if promods team managed to somehow fit it besides all of those 3 other big cities I'm sure SCS can do that too. All in all I'm giving it fifty fifty chance to show up in game.
- Šibenik while being almost half the size of Pula is still quite important city of central Adriatic coast located as previously mentioned between Split and Zadar. If that alternate coastal road (marked in orange on maps) makes it in DLC, then I'm quite certain the town could be at least represented by small dot, and if not then as scenic town. Promods team managed to implement it in their map pretty decently, so I have faith SCS could do the same. I'm giving it 60% chance to make it in game unlike Pula, since it is right in the middle between 2 larger cities and could be nice break in scenery.
- Varaždin is city close to both border with Hungary, as well with Slovenia, and it is located next to a major E65 highway which goes from Zagreb to Goričan (on border with Hungary). Due to troubles with map scale and adjacent big cities presenting a problem for its implementation just like is the case with Pula, I'm giving it again fifty-fifty chance to be included within DLC. And unlike Pula, Varaždin can't expand a bit into sea, thus it is even more troublesome for SCS to make it (not even Promods did it). But if they include Pula, they should do the same with Varaždin. Best option is to make it a small dot city, or at least a scenic town.
- Virovitica on the other hand has only 1 major city nearby if I'm not mistaken and is biggest town at northeastern part of country so I have more confidence for it to be included in DLC. If we get Podravska magistrala road in game, then I'm certain Virovitica will be at least represented as small dot, or in worst case scenario as scenic town. The only reason why Virovitica might get omitted is if Podravska magistrala doesn't make it in game and/or if Koprivnica gets picked instead. Thus I'm giving Virovitica 70% to make it in game.
- Koprivnica while not being next to some major roads crossing and border crossing, it is still fairly sized town located at Podravska magistrala and is a home to a major industrial plant Podravka. These sole reason alone might be a reason why SCS decides to pick it over Virovitica in the end and make it a small dot city, or implement it as scenic city while incorporating Podravka prefab as part of Virovitica which is very unlikey to happen, but still possible. Like with Pula and Varaždin I'm giving Koprivnica fifty-fifty chance to make it in game.

C) Towns in magenta (purple) and violet rectangles are still fairly big towns that may be located on important roads, other major crossings, or they may be a home to important factories/industrial areas, as well as airports. These will most probably be either represent as scenic towns, or be incorporated with bigger cities. If distanced enough from major settlements there is a small chance for them to make it as small cities.
I'll cover only the most important ones which fit that category.

- Velika Gorica - Located next to Zagreb and its airport I predict it will be represented as part of it with airport next to it being used as delivery place. Due to scale though whole of that area might be omitted unfortunately so I'll be giving it 50% chance to be included.
- Sveta Nedjela =/= Samobor - This is somewhat tricky, but still pretty much same situation like with V.G. Only difference is that there's no airport nearby, but a massive industrial area, which I'm going to cover further with my dedicated Zagreb roadmap. And unlike with V.G. area and airport, I'm fairly certain (around 70%) we'll see this place in game.
- Kutina/Nova Gradiška - Both of those cities are located along mentioned E70/A3 highway and could be represented as scenic town. If that is going to be case, I bet it will be either one or the other, and since Kutina is bigger and further away from both Zagreb and Slavonski Brod, as well as being on crossroads of E70 and E661 (important road to Virovitica and border with Hungary) I'm counting with her.
- Našice/Đakovo - While Đakovo is much bigger, Našice lies on important road crossings, so I'm betting on them making in the game as scenic town between Virovitica, Osijek and Slavonski Brod.
- Beli Manastir - I can see it is as scenic town between Osijek and border with Hungary. I believe Promods made something similar in that area, so I guess SCS can do the same. And it is even bigger town than Našice.
- Ogulin/Karlovac - Now this is a really though choice, and especially due to both towns being in close proximity not only to each other, but to a major cities around them as well. And while Karlovac is fairly big town (in top ten in my country), Ogulin is very important both road and railroad crossing. Due to the map scale I'm not sure if any of them will be included, but I think either of them should be at least scenic. As I said, this is really difficult choice to pick one over other, while both certainly can't fit even if they are both scenic. Maybe Karlovac due to its sheer size may be represented as small dot city, but that's very unlikely considering how close the city is to Zagreb and Velika Gorica as well. Therefor I'm giving those 30% chance of being in, and 20% for Karlovac as small dot.
- Pazin - At most it can be scenic town if Pula gets included at all. It is a nice town, and I'd love to see at least a bit of it, but that's very unlikely to happen so I won't get my hopes up.
- Senj - Being the only decent sized town along coastal D1 road next to a bit larger Crikvenica, but still far enough from other (major) cities (somewhere in between Rijeka and Zadar) I'm certain it could be implemented at least as scenic, if not small dot city (like Promods did).
- Knin - Fairly big town located on old D2 route. In short if D2 road gets included, Knin should be at least represented as scenic town if not small dot.
- Ploče - While not very big, it is still fairly important port town and it is located right between Split and Dubrovnik which makes it ideal for a scenic town, if not small dot.

When it comes to the rest of cities in this category, I may have exaggerated and won't need to explain why I thought they might be included in DLC. They probably won't due to not having much place left for them between those major and other larger cities/towns. So it is best to just ignore those. If the scale was 1:15, or 1:10 then yes, they may have bigger chance of getting included, but since it is not, that won't happen.

D) Towns in blue and green rectangles - Like with some of those in magenta (purple) and violet rectangles I already decided to ignore, I think same should be done with these ones, unless some of those alternate blue/green roads get implemented in game. However, if that happens we will at most see them as scenic towns. Still I would like at least for town of Krk with the island its on being represented, but as previously mentioned this is unfortunately highly unlikely to happen. In best case scenario I'll give those up to a maximum of 5% chance to get represented in game.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
oldmanclippy

#403 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Aug 2022 14:10

Nice, my screenshot map will finally get some new additions, lol. Should be interesting to see what the topic is. Landscapes seems most likely. Possibly a prefab/landmark blog like Texas has gotten. Something that makes sense to show in an earlier phase of development compared to entire cities, industries, etc. Or maybe they will surprise us with something along those lines. Either way, very excited to see more of WB.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Sovereign 89

#404 Post by Sovereign 89 » 08 Aug 2022 14:12

Yeah very pleased to hear that. I'm also betting on landscape blog, due to sheer diversity of it in Western Balkans area.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
BASSLovah

#405 Post by BASSLovah » 09 Aug 2022 08:00

Really hope we get a blog post soon, but I hope it's not from Pula :lol:
Adriatic Sea Team

#406 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 09 Aug 2022 08:31

@BASSLovah I'm speaking Romanian a bit so I understand what you mean :D Since it's unofficially confirmed that this week we are getting news about Western Balkans, I'm really curious, will they start from Slovenia or Albania? My guess is Slovenia because it's on top and it has more logic to start from North clock-wise to Albania. Also, what do you think when is West Balkans going to be released, my guess is April 2023.
BASSLovah

#407 Post by BASSLovah » 09 Aug 2022 08:37

:D

I do think they'll start with Slovenia since that's probably their most advanced region due to the connections with Italy and the rework of the connections with Hungary.

I also rekon the DLC will be out in spring 2023, since Montana for ATS is out now and Texas is pretty advanced, possibly to be released before Christmas. And I hope we get Hungary Reworked alongside it!
Trucker Nik

#408 Post by Trucker Nik » 09 Aug 2022 08:45

@BASSLovah Hungary is part of the Going East DLC, scs will first rework the states from the base map, and then start rework states from the Going East DLC and then the Scandinavia DLC
Adriatic Sea Team

#409 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 09 Aug 2022 08:47

Yeah, the focus will now move to Texas and WB. I'm also wondering about what they are preparing for the 10th anniversary of ETS2....? I'm very excited about WB posts! :D
krmarci

#410 Post by krmarci » 09 Aug 2022 10:13

@Adriatic Sea Team @BASSLovah I actually think the exact opposite. The Austria rework was just finished. The earliest they could have started working on the Slovenia connections is May. Croatia and Serbia are more likely.

Return to “General discussion about the game”