North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 579

AlexxxF1

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5871 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Aug 2022 09:06

considering what Pavel said on the stream - the goal is the Great Lakes. I think the goal is to create a core in the center and release DLC from it, so that the teams do not interfere with each other and do not depend on each other.
plus it will be possible to receive DLC of different nature.
as i see it, that would be great.

I will proceed from the fact that the first couple of years the rework of the base map will be much accelerated (rework is very important to better attract newcomers to ATS), which means that there are 3 full-fledged teams left to create DLС at start.

and so we can get :
2023 - Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska.
2024 - Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa.

so we get the core in the center from which you can move to the North, to the South, to the East regardless of each other.

2025 - South Dakota, Louisiana, Illinois.(full route 66. a cool road network: Seattle-Chicago,San Francisco-Chicago,Brownsville-Chicago)
2026 - North Dakota, Mississippi, Indiana-Ohio.
after, by this time I hope we can get a completely redone base map (CA, NV, AZ) and from 2027 can get 4 DLC, have 4 full teams

2027 - Minnesota, Alabama, Kentucky-Tennessee.
plus by this time there may be a team that will deal with the DLС of Mexico.
2028- Wisconsin, Florida, West Virginia - Virginia -Washington
2029 - Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina- South Carolina
2030 - Northeastern states set, Alaska

perhaps moving in different directions will make it easier to create bundles for beginners to start. we have a Pacific Northwest Bundle.
we can get North Bundle, South Bundle, Central Bundle. own set will make it easier to reach and pay easier for anyone who lives in the far east in their direction.
the map will constantly keep in good shape and advance in different climatic and natural zones.

my map for 2030 full USA in ATS.
[ external image ]
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 09 Aug 2022 13:07, edited 7 times in total.
flight50

#5872 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2022 09:22

^I actually like this thought process better. The 6 in the center in back to back years works and supports what Pavel mentioned. The Dakotas is the question mark. I don't think the Dakotas should come before Missouri and Iowa though because of I-29. The Dakotas needs I-29 which runs thru both Missouri and Iowa before getting to the Dakotas. Therefore I support a Dakota bundle. Single state release works too but bundle has power weight behind selling it.
angrybirdseller

#5873 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Aug 2022 11:20

[ external image ]

Think after the rebuild is done for the base map they will likely have four teams to speed up the process. They could finish lower 48 by the end of 2029 if 4th team joins in late 2026 into 2027. Bundles will arrive toward the finishing of the ATS map and east coast will be last region and former rebuild team becomes maintenance team to fix and upgrade the old parts of the map. With ATS and ETS2 world completed upgrade the world slowly build it into interactive dynamic world first add crops that grow and harvest then look into slow process adding seasons, them wind, rain, snow, fog.

Think Midwest will be done first, then the South, and finally Northeast region.
Think from 2026 and Later you will see far more bundled region states primarily for the southern and east coast states.
Shiva

#5874 Post by Shiva » 09 Aug 2022 11:49

I think the work needed for Canada is underestimated.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#5875 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Aug 2022 12:24

I was mainly focus on lower 48 for rest of decade. Canada would bet British Columbia and Alberta first year, Saskatchewan and Manitoba done in year two , Ontario done year three and Quebec year four. Nova Socia, New Foundland, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island year 5. Yukon and Alaska year 6.

Canada will take around six years to build out, and Mexico just as long even if far smaller country.
Evil_Jason

#5876 Post by Evil_Jason » 09 Aug 2022 12:32

Howmuch of the area is really possible to do trucking in Canada and Alaska?

In Alaska I guess about 25% or 34% can be driven with a big truck.
I know only one major road which leads in Alaska to the north coast. But the distances are also quite long.

There are big areas in Alaska and maybe also in Canada, where you need a plane or boat to get through because of the lack of roads big enough for heavy traffic.

Alaska does not have a dense road network nut maybe the total length is close to Texas.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Graf_Boinenn

#5877 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 10 Aug 2022 14:15

angrybirdseller wrote: 09 Aug 2022 11:20
Pavel mentioned they (or he?) wants to reach Florida ASAP, to connect the Pacific and the Atlantic coasts.

I think SCS will split to the Middle-north/north 1 of the teams and to the east the other 2 remaining map teams and then, after reaching FL going up making a pincer until they reach in the very north -maybe around NY/PA-. Also, maybe one of the teams does one east DLC and then, one Middle-North DLC.

Also, now we have 3 teams. Maybe in the future the map teams increases and that, speed things up.
flight50

#5878 Post by flight50 » 10 Aug 2022 14:20

@Graf_Boinenn You have to watch the Montana stream with Pavel. He has changed course with Florida. FYI, we actually have 4 map teams. 4 map leads = 4 map teams.
Graf_Boinenn

#5879 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 10 Aug 2022 14:51

Oooh I missed that @flight50 ! That's what happens when you are working and listening to the MT streaming :lol:.

And great that now SCS has 4 teams! I think TX release will make a huge impact if we talk about map delivery. If they go to the 1 map DLC per season a year... that could be interesting.
Double M

#5880 Post by Double M » 10 Aug 2022 15:02

A long time ago I chose what I would like to see as the following states to Oklahoma and Louisiana.
But after the last few days of driving through Montana and the last few months through Wyoming. I wouldn't mind getting North Dakota and South Dakota. I am looking forward to continuing to travel on I-90 and I-94.
Although I don't think this possibility will happen, especially after seeing what Pavel mentioned in the Montana launch stream. But you never know what can happen.

Return to “General discussion about the game”