Flatbed Tow Truck Mod

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Billy_Costigan

Flatbed Tow Truck Mod

#1 Post by Billy_Costigan » 26 Nov 2020 12:44

Recently an idea crossed my mind: a flatbed tow truck mod.
There are many cargoes which can be used like cars, transporter, emergency vehicles, broken cars etc.

My question is if it's even possible with the given structures by scs. Does anybody know?
I'm using capitals volvo reworks mod which has a rigid chassis and his invisible trailer mod. With the invisible trailer you can simulate a load for your cargo box.
My point is to create a visible cargo like the flatbed and lowboy cargoes. Maybe someone knows a way how to achieve that.
As far as I know @Deezle has a similar mechanic in his heavy truck and trailer addons.
Any help would be nice.

[ external image ]
Alligatorguy

Re: Flatbed Tow Truck Mod

#2 Post by Alligatorguy » 09 Aug 2022 05:07

how do you get this tow truck mod
LeafeonGold

Re: Flatbed Tow Truck Mod

#3 Post by LeafeonGold » 09 Aug 2022 15:10

You could sort of cheat what you want to achieve with brace animations, but it won't add any weight to the truck.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Return to “Help requests”