Prime Gaming Rewards/Twitch Drops

OzembuchVRICI

Prime Gaming Rewards/Twitch Drops

#1 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 09 Aug 2022 16:53

I was looking for some thread discussing this, but found none, so I'm starting one. I'm watching the stream right now and thought, "How cool would it be if SCS rewarded players for watching the stream?" Maybe not every single stream, just the DLC release ones and/or the truck release streams. If not the Twitch Drops, then Prime Gaming Rewards could be pretty nice, with some exclusive content perhaps. This is not a wish or anything, just an idea.
Dareus

Re: Prime Gaming Rewards/Twitch Drops

#2 Post by Dareus » 10 Aug 2022 07:53

I personally agree it would be cool. I know it was a topic of discussion some time ago but due to some "reasons" the plans never really materialized. Perhaps in the future (probably not in the near one though).
OzembuchVRICI

#3 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 10 Aug 2022 09:01

Oh, that's a pity. I really like the drops.
When I used to play World of Tanks, I would watch the streams, and get some first-aid kits, rations, and paintjobs for my tanks.
Another example, perhaps a better one, can be found in Valorant. At the last Champions event, players could get a spray after watching any match for an hour and a gunbuddy (a weapon charm that attaches to a weapon) after watching the finale for 1 hour.

It would be neat if, after watching a DLC or a truck stream for a while, players could get a paint job or cab accessory. Well, maybe one day.
Sora

#4 Post by Sora » 10 Aug 2022 19:44

I'm going to be blunt, here: I think this idea is absolutely horrible. I've seen it happen with a couple of other games, and the response has always been pretty chilly because it doesn't feel too far off from microtransactions because it's fundamentally mandatory ad-viewing; I can't imagine that it would be any better received for a game where the average age of the playerbase is probably over 30. I'd personally much rather give SCS money directly for new content than support some unrelated third-party megacorp for it, and I don't think I'm alone. Besides, most major streams already have giveaways to this effect, and rewarding people for watching streams implies you don't want to be watching them in the first place (as a good stream should, theoretically, be its own reward).

If we absolutely need to do this, don't tie any truly exclusive content to it. Either limit it to existing DLC and Steam Community items (e.g. the Country flags in ETS2 that were given out in a few WoT events), something completely meaningless like money/experience, or, at the absolute worst, just have it be a timed exclusive (e.g. "subscribers get the Rainbow Glitter Paint Job Pack one month before it's available to the general population.", etc.) Imo, it's bad enough that we have existing content (like the ATS Steampunk DLC or the ETS2 PCGamer DLC) that most new players have no practical means to acquire.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”