TexasWhirlwind

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#131 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 07 Apr 2022 22:35

Don't forget the Peterbilt 377.
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Sovereign 89

#132 Post by Sovereign 89 » 10 Aug 2022 23:12

Don't know how I haven't found this topic before, but I'm glad I did eventually.

So these are my votes:

- K100 - Favorite cabover truck that should be in game as soon as possible. I have it on my mods profile, but I'd prefer SCS version.
- Transtar - If for no other reason, then because that was a truck we see near the end of first Terminator movie. I might like to recreate that scene, but I guess that's better to try in GTA.
- Peterbilt 351 - I believe that is the truck from Knight Rider which was used as Goliath, so again I'd like to have it in collection. I'd doubt we'll get rocket launchers as tuning part, but hey at least the truck won't be able to get visible damage, because none does in ATS. :lol:
- Argosy - I have it as a mod on my mods profile, and I started to like the truck very much. While it may be among newer cabovers it still has that classic feel so I'd like to have it officially in game too.

Now I'll just mention some of trucks I'd love to see in game that aren't in the poll.

- Ford CLT and LTL 9000 - I like both trucks very much, especially LTL 9000 since that was my first toy truck while I was a kid. And CLT was a truck mod that I was using very frequently in GTA San Andreas which is one of my favorite games, and I have very fond memories of that period while playing that game.
- GMC General - It is truck used in Knight Rider as FLAG mobile HQ. I love that show, and I'd like to have that particular truck in game.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
flight50

#133 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 01:26

You're all about the COE's huh, lol. Seeee, its people like you that I realllly think SCS needs to get some old school COE's in ATS. The problem is, SCS isn't going after those licenses. If other games are getting older truck licenses, so can SCS. The most famous one is indeed the K100 I think. That is the no. 1 COE I want as well but from SCS. Overfloater has done a great job but we have to wait for updates. I don't even play ETS2 anymore because the ETS2 version doesn't get updated like the ATS version.

SCS should not only go after new and modern trucks. Trucking is about the history of trucks as well. A lot of people want a much larger variety of trucks from different time period in which they grew up with trucks. I 100% honestly believe that if ATS got some COE, I think a lot more ETS2 players would buy ATS. The maps speak for themselves but not everyone want the huge conventional style trucks.
FalleN_KinG

#134 Post by FalleN_KinG » 11 Aug 2022 13:54

^ Yesterday I drove with friends in our convoy in ETS2 and I know they have ATS so I asked them why don't they play it too, they said the maps are nice but the trucks are long and weird. So cabovers might fix that for some players. Meanwhile in Australia Kenworth released the K220, the updated K200 cabover series.
flight50

#135 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 15:03

^Good input and it solidifies my point. SCS is holding ATS back just because they are only going after current conventional trucks. I'd be doing everything I can to get a few cabovers in ATS. Maps is one thing but the game sells on maps and trucks. The trailers people can get over. The traffic customs I think anyone can pick up ATS and enjoy it because its all in one language and fairly uniform. But the truck roster does limit ATS's player base. I wait the day to see ATS avg at least 12-15K players. ETS2 avgs more than 30k players daily. ATS can't touch that even with better maps.

If SCS is good with Diamler go after the Freightliner FLB. We haven't heard anything from Paccar so trucks like the K100 and the Pete 351 are iffy. There is Mack that somewhat recently gave us the Anthem. Perhaps go after them. I'd love to see SCS take the training wheels off ATS trucks. There are a tonnnn of truck shows here in North America annually. SCS has attended some. Now with travel restrictions being lifted, what's the hold up. I'm sure an owner would love to loan their truck to SCS for a day or so for references and maybe even sound recordings. Just compensate the owner.

I'm sure we have some North American truckers or even just forum members who knows some of these old school cabover owners. They could step forward and arrange communication for SCS just like they have in the past. Point is, ATS really needs some vintage COE's if ATS is to capture more of the ETS2 players. Its a whole different ball game in ATS and I'm sure a lot more people would enjoy it if they gave it a lot. Main reason I say if you like trucks, you should own both games to get the best of both worlds. Thing is, not everyone plays with mods so SCS should implement a few COE in the vanilla game.

Lately Pavel has been open to many things it seems. He seems to be fair and not just over rule everyone. This makes for a happy team and hopefully happy customers. Sorry to throw you in mix @Oscar but if possible, I think a lot more people would play ATS. No need to respond to this post my friend but you are our best hope to get thru to Pavel to go after something for ATS to get more exposure to the ETS2 crowd.

My thing is, why own just ETS2 or just ATS when you can benefit from both games. No one says you have to play them both equal but you do have that option. Soooo many times the ETS2 crowd gets mad when ATS gets too many blogs for new news. Well if you own both games, you always get good news and something new coming.
FalleN_KinG

#136 Post by FalleN_KinG » 11 Aug 2022 15:48

If we take a look at car/racing games for example diversity is one of the features of good games, ATS isn't a racing game but I'm just comparing content. Example Forza has over 400 cars, a decent map. It has a bit of everything. At this state ATS has classic and aero trucks and that's it really. And the classics are rarely coming out at that. Also cabovers are gaining in popularity right now since they are somewhat scarce and pretty rare too see, just take a look at youtube seems a lot of people are restoring or just buying cabovers.
flight50

#137 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 16:03

@FalleN_KinG Exactly my point. People restoring these trucks and then bringing them to truck shows. SCS can meet a ton of people in the US thru truck shows. No manufacturers necessary other than obtaining the license. I'm sure there are even some imported in Europe. The thing is, SCS has to want to go after these classics.

The other big thing for SCS is to acknowledge that ATS in now a platform and people want more and more from SCS to put the complete package together. The longer they wait, the more people are going to overlook ATS and only go to ETS2. Why not get people supporting both games.
Sovereign 89

#138 Post by Sovereign 89 » 12 Aug 2022 00:11

flight50 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 01:26You're all about the COE's huh, lol. Seeee, its people like you that I realllly think SCS needs to get some old school COE's in ATS. The problem is, SCS isn't going after those licenses. If other games are getting older truck licenses, so can SCS. The most famous one is indeed the K100 I think. That is the no. 1 COE I want as well but from SCS. Overfloater has done a great job but we have to wait for updates. I don't even play ETS2 anymore because the ETS2 version doesn't get updated like the ATS version.

SCS should not only go after new and modern trucks. Trucking is about the history of trucks as well. A lot of people want a much larger variety of trucks from different time period in which they grew up with trucks. I 100% honestly believe that if ATS got some COE, I think a lot more ETS2 players would buy ATS. The maps speak for themselves but not everyone want the huge conventional style trucks.
Actually I like both equally, but there seems to be a lot of cool cabovers. I mean yeah, in my post I mentioned 5 out 7 trucks that are cabovers. I forgot to mention Freightliner FLC which is not cabover, but it is also very nice truck. And my favorite model of it is in Terminator 2 movie hauling liquid nitrogen.

Anyway I agree SCS should start implementing classic trucks whether they are cabovers or not. Better sooner than later.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
Texshi

#139 Post by Texshi » 12 Aug 2022 11:42

Peterbilt 351/359/377/378/379/387

Freightliner FLC

Mack R

Western Star White

Diamond Reo

Autocar

Didn't know this thread was here.. I mostly stick strictly to General area but anyways yes.. other games get older rigs? Lets bless this game with some classics.. FLC is easily a favorite in Mudrunner
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
nater6540

#140 Post by nater6540 » 30 Aug 2022 15:09

Heck, a Peterbilt 379 would be pretty sweet, although trying to find suitable engines and transmissions for it would be a pain due to the options that were originally available from the factory for this truck probably being out of production as well, and trying to fit a newer engine and transmission into an older truck has its own problems. Case in point, Caterpillar, for example, still currently produces the C15, just not for on-highway applications anymore due to pulling out of that market sometime in 2011 iirc due to being unable to meet new (at the time) emissions regulations.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”