Texas Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4581 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 15:55

LATrucker wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:36 But even if that's the case it would be nice to get this info earlier. Most times we hear and read about new industries pretty early, but nothing about new companies.
SCS doesn't even have to show them, but it would be great to know that there will be new companies.
For this to be happening in both games, I believe it involves the creative process + the idea of creating a new company without looking like a 100% copy of the real life counterpart.
flight50

#4582 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 15:57

Marcello Julio wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:28 In ETS2 also happens the same thing. New companies are often the last thing to be seen and they place placeholder companies until they add the new companies. Apparently this stage of creation of new companies happens during the polishing process. I believe that on this side we can be calm. I'm sure new companies for Texas are in development.
I sure hope you are correct on this. Deepgrove for the logging camp in East Texas wasn't a good sign and now Sunshine, Bushnell's and Global Mills pops up. GM is a tad newer but its all over the map now.

If there was lets say 12 Global Mills in Texas, I'd change at least 8 of them to a new company and start blending them out the equation. I'm sure it very very easy to copy a depot and rebrand it for ATS. ETS2 does it often but for ATS only Coastline Mining/NAMIQ happens for ATS.

I agree with @LATrucker. It would be great to know new companies are in the works as these are placeholders. Without that minor detail, we have to assume they may not be placeholders.
Tristman

#4583 Post by Tristman » 11 Aug 2022 15:59

flight50 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:43
These blogs is what some people go by when it comes to buying a dlc or not. It depends on if a person waits for a sale or not. Hypothetically speaking, what if a lot of people opted to buy Texas once Oklahoma or Kansas releases so that they get Texas for a discount? That would be bad.
I’ve actually been thinking about this, Texas is so massive, if it reuses the same companies as always, we’re gonna see a huge increase in Sunshine, Bushnell, Wallbert etc. depots. Since we don’t really know about this before release, I might just hold off on buying Texas immediately and see how people react to it. If it’s just a lot more of the same, I might as well wait for a sale to come up before I buy.

I’m honestly conflicted about this, because like most here I don’t want to see them just endlessly reuse the same companies we know. On the other hand, I also don’t see the radical proposals some forum members put forward happening (start over in Texas with all new companies, add a lot more new prefabs for existing companies, and so on) simply because of how SCS has handled previous DLCs.

I am enjoying Montana, but the repetition of some of the companies (and even base game depots) combined with how the plains just feel like a lot of the same, plus the next several states we are expecting also being mostly plains has got me worried about losing interest in the game.
Marcello Julio

#4584 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 16:06

For now, the new companies in Texas we have:
Pecan Farms
AI Automotive

Recently with Montana in Great Falls, there is an unused Kolico depot. I hope this is an indication that Kolico will become a functional company with Texas.
LATrucker

#4585 Post by LATrucker » 11 Aug 2022 16:09

Just btw.: I just noticed that todays topic wasn't on the list on the microsite. If I remember it right, it's the second "unexpected" post besides the Coastline Cities.
Last edited by LATrucker on 11 Aug 2022 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#4586 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 16:10

Tristman wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:59 plus the next several states we are expecting also being mostly plains has got me worried about losing interest in the game.
Yeah that is almost how I'm starting to feel. Even as a new region, things are feeling the same. For me, new features doesn't solve my problem. For some people, its features they need to continue to hold interest. But eventually that too wears thin and you are right back at point A. But new ICCs is always refreshing the game. That has a much much larger upside than new features. Some features may not even be possible due to game engine. But ICCs's.....that has no limits. The only limit is SCs.

Once all possible new features are implemented, then what? The game is about ICC's and that focus should always be on the front line. Everything else comes parallel or after ICC's are taken care of.

@Marcello Julio Yeah those 2.......are not going to get it done. We know the space thing and glass companies are new industries. If those are not new companies..........I don't know what to think next.

@LATrucker Things can get added or removed from the microsite. There is text on the microsite that mentions this.
Seerman

#4587 Post by Seerman » 11 Aug 2022 16:11

LATrucker wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:09 Just btw.: I just noticed that todays topic wasn't on the list on the microsite. If I remember it right that's the second post besides the Coastline Cities.
They forget to update the information there. The site of Montana was constantly forgotten.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#4588 Post by LATrucker » 11 Aug 2022 16:16

Yes, I know. That's why I just updated my post :)
What I mean, is, that maybe more unexpected or unplannend posts will come for Texas and yes: I read the disclaimer about the topics on the microsite.

But maybe or hopefully that could mean a "New Companies" blog post too ;)
Last edited by LATrucker on 11 Aug 2022 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Marcello Julio

#4589 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 16:17

flight50 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:10 @Marcello Julio Yeah those 2.......are not going to get it done. We know the space thing and glass companies are new industries. If those are not new companies..........I don't know what to think next.
Yes, the glass companies! I hope it's a new one too. We have a company that was cut out of ATS called Glasson that was apparently going to mess with glass. I hope it comes back with Texas. It's the perfect opportunity.
halbtollekreatur

#4590 Post by halbtollekreatur » 11 Aug 2022 16:36

Really impossible to find the locations. The wine and farm stuff is all prefab. Pic 11 seems to be something else than wine?!

Return to “General discussion about the game”