Have you ever lost interest in a game?

Optional Features

Re: Have you ever lost interest in a game?

#41 Post by Optional Features » 11 Aug 2022 21:44

AlexxxF1 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 21:22 after reading the post above from @seriousmods, I really think the game lacks some kind of home.
Where you want to return after a long trip around the country.
Where at least within its limits you can start walking on two legs.
Where you can spend all your earned money on its arrangement. for the arrangement of your garage or yard.
Where you can unhook your one purchased trailer, and attach another, bought a year ago and parked nearby for other loads.
Where, after a long trip, long work, you finally want to return and relax, go fishing or have a barbecue))

It would be great if the SCS somehow reworked the garage system :idea: .
Somehow this prefab changed and in its aisles one could spend one's money, go around your truck, drive it into a pit, and climb under it, change the oil.
Well said.

It lacks the feeling of home and the feeling of attachment to one's vehicle. How many players stick to a single truck for even a few months? I got to 12k miles with one, once. Seems like some people build a new truck every time they drive.

I want to feel like keeping a truck, and I want to feel like driving poorly could cause that truck to disappear. I want to be able to store more stuff inside, open compartments, have some paperwork (at least a paper log for old trucks and bills of lading for cargo), clean the windows, get chrome parts polished, etc.

I still remember a tractor on a past farm that had 27 real hours on it. It was filthy and could have told stories. We worked it hard.
rookie31st

#42 Post by rookie31st » 12 Aug 2022 03:36

I am working toward #CruisingMontana goal now, and caught myself thinking this after completing 6/12 deliveries: there are Montana-specific Steam achievements as well, but I have absolutely no interest in completing them, and I will most probably stop driving once I get 12/12 deliveries.

It's fun to see new places, but its the only fun I get from the game. It is the same driving back and forth like 8 years ago when I first started playing. I may try to get back to map modding maybe. Frankly, making maps in ATS is more fun than driving them.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
justgettingold

#43 Post by justgettingold » 12 Aug 2022 04:00

I'm sorry guys but what houses and boots are you talking about. This is a truck simulator, not Sims or even GTA lol (and SCS is no EA or R* either).

I mean probably everyone knew this thread is going to turn into another wishlist but let's try to stay reasonable. Why ask for stuff like walking mode when we don't have a single road bump on the map yet (except dirt roads). Let's get a decent driving mode first, then move further. Why ask for fully customizable yards and garages already if we can't even repair our trucks in the existing copy-pasted ones. Etc. The whole forum was begging for more cargo and companies for so long, and SCS seem to finally start addressing it. Let's give them time to fix that issue now, and then collectively point to something else of universally recognized importance.

No hate, I just think that this approach may be more productive than asking for so many complex things simultaneously.
AlexxxF1

#44 Post by AlexxxF1 » 12 Aug 2022 04:43

Yes, any game sooner or later becomes boring, for example, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which takes 80 hours to complete, but after 10 hours I got so bored and quit it.
Or FarCry 6, where it takes only 30 hours to complete it and I got bored after 20 hours and was ready to quit, but still finished it.
Or even the vaunted God of War(2018) on PC from consoles. 20 hours later I started to get bored, just a movie, after Dark Souls.

And if I compare any other game with ETS2 (where I have 1500h) and ATS (where I have 1000h), well, I thought ETS2/ATS should have bored me earlier)
Plus, it's basically the same game. 2500 hours and I still continue to play them and very enjoy launching them from time to time.
that I'm still looking forward to the release of any DLС for these games...
interesting, when one game is for $60, go through once and forget, for 30 hours. And other game for $12 for 1500h (and I continue to play it with pleasure, and I look forward to large expansions of the map, so that there are as many roads and cities as possible). The ETS2 paid off for me and was more fun than any other. as ATS.

After 2500 hours ,well, I think it's no wonder what gets a little boring ) that want more something new :D and as quickly as possible. and as often as possible :lol: .
Optional Features

#45 Post by Optional Features » 12 Aug 2022 05:56

justgettingold wrote: 12 Aug 2022 04:00 I'm sorry guys but what houses and boots are you talking about. This is a truck simulator, not Sims or even GTA lol (and SCS is no EA or R* either).

I mean probably everyone knew this thread is going to turn into another wishlist but let's try to stay reasonable. Why ask for stuff like walking mode when we don't have a single road bump on the map yet (except dirt roads). Let's get a decent driving mode first, then move further. Why ask for fully customizable yards and garages already if we can't even repair our trucks in the existing copy-pasted ones. Etc. The whole forum was begging for more cargo and companies for so long, and SCS seem to finally start addressing it. Let's give them time to fix that issue now, and then collectively point to something else of universally recognized importance.

No hate, I just think that this approach may be more productive than asking for so many complex things simultaneously.
Yeah, good points: it just gets frustrating at times dreaming of what is possible and realizing one can't experience it in game.
Optional Features

#46 Post by Optional Features » 12 Aug 2022 09:08

BHJ wrote: 12 Aug 2022 08:30 I think Most people that want extreme changes in these games usually have so many hours playing and had no problem with the game the first 400-1000 hours but eventually it just became boring "naturally", And for those players that loves truck games there is no where else to go but trying to get SCS to make some changes in these games.
Yeah, this is the most frustrating thing. If I want to do virtual trucking, my options are:

SCS games: beautiful, large maps; mediocre physics; pretty much no interactivity with truck or cargo
Snowrunner: beautiful, small maps; decent off-road physics; some interactivity; constant mud bogging and getting stuck
MyTruckGame: small, terrible maps; great physics; no interactivity; one cargo (rocks); no ability to even disconnect trailers
Truck and Logistics Simulator: medium-sized, weird maps; mix of EU and NA trucks; ok physics; some interactivity with truck and cargo
Alaskan Truck Simulator: horrible, medium-sized map; worse trucks; bizarre physics; decent interactivity with truck; no interactivity with cargo
Farming Simulator (modded): medium sized maps of various quality; range of trucks; horrible driving physics; some (modded) interactivity with truck and cargo

SCS clearly is the best option, but it's also the most frustrating one. It has the most potential of all of these, based on map alone, but little to do with the map. So the backup is Farming Sim, but driving in that game is no fun lol.

@AlexxxF1 To your earlier point about a home, an example: store my trailer, work on my truck, maybe cross the street and use a friend's larger shop. This is a place in the default map: I think it's behind walls. It could be the perfect spot to put a small trucking business.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#47 Post by harishw8r » 12 Aug 2022 10:18

I guess it’s the slow grind that makes the games potentially survive longer. While I absolutely don’t like the fleet management techniques of ETS2-ATS, the thought that it provides an opportunity to improve (and hopefully improve) keeps us excited.

Imagine we have every possible feature in the game. Pretty sure we would get bored as there’s nothing new to look forward.
Outlaw Transport

#48 Post by Outlaw Transport » 12 Aug 2022 10:54

justgettingold wrote: 12 Aug 2022 04:00 I'm sorry guys but what houses and boots are you talking about. This is a truck simulator, not Sims or even GTA lol (and SCS is no EA or R* either).
This. I have absolutely zero interest in walking around, cleaning the windshield or have anything to do with administrative BS. Moving towards any of that pointless crap would be the final nail for me. What this game needs more than anything is to stop being a sightseeing simulator with the trucking aspect considered a neglected side-business existing only to sell more maps - and, perhaps, just a tiny bit of focus on improving existing functionality.
Underscore_101_

#49 Post by Underscore_101_ » 12 Aug 2022 12:10

This could have been a nice thread, but it's become about wishes, for which we already have too many threads, again.

Why is it that some people always have to repeat their wishes any chance they get, it really amazes me,...
Corvinus

#50 Post by Corvinus » 12 Aug 2022 12:39

I think @AlexxxF1 had the best point so far. When you've put close to a 1000 hours into a game, it's allowed to be intermittently bored. That's for us who loves driving.

As for the OP, I think the answer is as simple as its own contradiction.
... tired of driving. I understand that the life of a driver is boring, but this is a game that should be fun ...

Return to “General discussion about the game”