Why is that payments don't scale with cargo weight?

Prince

Re: Why is that payments don't scale with cargo weight?

#11 Post by Prince » 12 Aug 2022 08:32

Have you ever seen the exact same cargo with different weight (without using b-doubles)? Because I haven't even noticed that. E.g. grapes have the same weight regardless of where you pick it up.

No matter which level you are, the only thing that affects your pay (for equal types of cargo and trailer type) is distance and how urgent the delivery is. The payments gets higher as you level up due to experience bonuses, but it's still only those two factors that dictate the payment AFAIK.
MrAbner

#12 Post by MrAbner » 12 Aug 2022 17:15

The type of cargo also makes a difference. A boat or yacht may pay well (for a given distance) compared to gravel or sand, which pays much less.
pqweqw

#13 Post by pqweqw » 29 Aug 2022 21:32

MrAbner wrote: 12 Aug 2022 17:15 The type of cargo also makes a difference. A boat or yacht may pay well (for a given distance) compared to gravel or sand, which pays much less.
Yes, that makes sense, but not the part where you get paid the same for a similar kind of load but a 30t difference in the weight.
Honestly I originally asked about this happening in the game, but now I'm more curious about why it happens in real life, at least according some people here.
MrAbner

#14 Post by MrAbner » 30 Aug 2022 18:59

Well, I can't say I remember that being a thing. Do you perhaps have any screenshots you can post showing this?

Return to “Gameplay Questions”