Next ATS truck speculation

Seerman

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6801 Post by Seerman » 12 Aug 2022 11:43

The most obligatory list of classic trucks should consist of:

- P 379 (including two versions of the cabin of different generations)
- KW W900L (with two classic dashboards of different generations and a split windshield)
- WS 4900
- Freightliner Classic XL
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#6802 Post by oldmanclippy » 12 Aug 2022 13:12

I also think it would be more likely for a rebadged DAF to come over than a reworked K220. But I also think that the chances of that are extremely slim. There's a reason aero trucks are the standard: efficiency. Owner-operators who are more likely to trade efficiency for style make up far less of the market share than they used to. So unless some big fleet wakes up tomorrow and says "yeah let's call up my buddy at PACCAR and ask them to bring COEs back", I don't really see it happening. It would definitely need to be a customer-driven change, not a manufacturer-driven change.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
harishw8r

#6803 Post by harishw8r » 12 Aug 2022 13:45

How about the axle weight distribution though?
xXCARL1992Xx

#6804 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2022 13:57

longer chassis and thats it, i can only go by the data SCS uses, and this should be taken with a spoon full of salt, the Cascadia 6x4 has a weight at 4800kg at the front, the DAF XG+ 6x2 has 5055kg, so not much difference, Cascadia has an overall weight of almost 9t, DAF is 8.5, again take it all with a spoon full of salt becase i have my doubts those data are accurate and i couldnt find anything concrete on the Internet about it either
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#6805 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2022 14:20

Had the pic of the DAF in the US never been shown or known, I don't see people thinking the same. You guys can keep to your opinion, I'll keep to mine. Just a matter of opinions here though. DAF is not a North American brand while Kenworth is. How many US trucks are adapting to Australia as the only other place with North American trucks outside of NA. No reason why it can be reverse engineered here. Same with NA trucks adapting to Europe when they are imported there. NA is fully capable of adapting.

North America has a style and its not really Euro. Imho, NA is not ready for that type of change.
rookie_one

#6806 Post by rookie_one » 12 Aug 2022 14:25

oldmanclippy wrote: 12 Aug 2022 13:12 I also think it would be more likely for a rebadged DAF to come over than a reworked K220. But I also think that the chances of that are extremely slim. There's a reason aero trucks are the standard: efficiency. Owner-operators who are more likely to trade efficiency for style make up far less of the market share than they used to. So unless some big fleet wakes up tomorrow and says "yeah let's call up my buddy at PACCAR and ask them to bring COEs back", I don't really see it happening. It would definitely need to be a customer-driven change, not a manufacturer-driven change.
That's more or less true there.

Remember, the cabover move the air in front of it once, while a conventional will move it 3 to 5 times depending on the shape of the cab.

I remember that VTNA, PIT Innovation and Robert Transport tested the Volvo FH in Quebec to run a comparison with the VNL a few years ago, but I don't know what were the results (that said aerodynamics and fuel economy was only part of the test, they were testing 24 volts system in the north american context, etc...)
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
OzembuchVRICI

#6807 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 12 Aug 2022 14:58

There are 6x4 and 8x4 axle configurations coming to the XF/G/G+. And the last time I checked, DAF was working on a bigger engine, the MX-15, that could go up to 600 HP. Also, I think that Nikola coming together with Iveco to make a COE battery and fuel cell electric trucks will certainly change something. Hyundai brought their 6x2 tractor and their 6x2 rigid COEs. That's 3 models already.
The_SimTrucker

#6808 Post by The_SimTrucker » 12 Aug 2022 16:48

The Nikola TRE BEV (what a bad name...) is a good example on how to make a European cabover (Iveco S Way) work for the US. I'm not talking about the drivetrain but the length of the truck and axle spacing. Not a bad looking truck actually. Maybe SCS should do a 2 for one: the Iveco S-Way in ETS2 and the Nikola in ATS.
Trenero

#6809 Post by Trenero » 12 Aug 2022 18:04

+1 to 2 for 1 with the Nikola Tre and the S-way.

Honestly i would like to see some cabovers on ATS and if the brands plan to introduce new ones on the US market i would be the first to welcome them.

Right now all the brands are parented in some extend with euro brands so i think, if the cabovers will return to the US will probably be adapting EU cabovers to USA(I think is cheaper for the brands and they will get product with the top tec, and confort), like Nikola did with the Iveco, Kenworth have some Euro Cabovers from Daf already on the market, and Freightliner has the Mercedes Econic, so probably a hipotetical future Argosy will look more like and Actros.

Hope the cabovers arrive in the future to ATS.
55sixxx

#6810 Post by 55sixxx » 12 Aug 2022 20:33

Okey, i'm just going to drop the bomb here... I'm really, really not interest in seeing COE's, Tesla's, Re-Badged DAF's or whatever it is in ATS until all the major players of NA roads are in the game, which is the New VNL, Pinnacle, New-Gen 579 and T680, W990, T800, 4900, 5700, 122SD and the Previous gen Cascadia... Perhaps even the old Pinnacle CXU613 and International ProStar. Only then I'll welcome the previously mentioned trucks with open arms otherwise they'll just take the man-power and time that would've been better spent imho, in bringing the latter ones to us.

Return to “General discussion about the game”