Chrome OK in blender, but takes texture colour in game?

Underscore_101_

Chrome OK in blender, but takes texture colour in game?

#1 Post by Underscore_101_ » 12 Aug 2022 16:17

Really sorry to bother you guys and gals again, but again I'm at a loss to where I'm going wrong.
Also not sure if i should ask this in the Blender part, or another modding part of this forum, but atm i'm leaning towards doing something wrong in Blender.

This time it's chrome effects, which worked when i was just freewheeling, but somewhere along the line it all went wrong :-(
And no matter which files i compare to see if something is different, i'm not seeing it.

For some reason whenever I make something chrome, it always, except when it went right, takes on the colour of the texture file in the game, but not in Blender.
In Blender it shows as intended, it exports without errors and creating a mod in Blender also doesn't show any errors.
There are also no errors in the dev console once i added it as a mod in game, which i really wish it did because then i have something to look for :-)

When i want something chrome i choose "dif.spec.add.env.nofresnel".
Select a texture, from what i learned a near black/dark grey plain texture, though at this point it makes no difference, changed it to a bright yellow once and then that became the colour of what is to be chrome, but to add, not like what truckpaint does, also it doesn't shine/reflect as chrome does.
and for Reflection i choose "vehicle_reflection_s", though i had to change the filename since it seems Blender doesn't like filenames that go like blah_blah_blah.tga, not sure if it's the dashes, or how many characters there are in the filename.
Don't think it's the vehicle reflection file i use since it works fine on "truckpaint"

I've tried the different slider options for shininess and other things, but so far it doesn't look like it makes a difference.

Can imagine it might be difficult to give advice with the above, but i hope someone can tell me, "You Idiot, this is what you did wrong, or should have done, etc" ,... :-)

Can't show the mod i'm working on because it has some other issues, but if you're curious for an example, this is a mod that changes the exhaust for the Range T, currently don't have an example for ATS.
It's not flawless, but since the paint works and the chrome doesn't it's a good example of what is going wrong, the black frame should be chrome:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j26ur3 ... sp=sharing

Thank you for reading, and let me buy you a beer if you have the solution to my problem,... scratch that, this problem, my problems can't be solved :-)
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Chrome OK in blender, but takes texture colour in game?

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2022 16:33

your folder setup to work in blender isnt good it looks like, all your materials didnt had a reflection texture that the game needs, it is vehicle_reflection.tobj and blender only showed reflection.tobj

[ external image ]

this was your problem, also the diamond plate, it is missing normal mapping (tnsmap in blender option) and you should use a texture that is neutral color so it doesnt appear darker then the other painted parts
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Underscore_101_

#3 Post by Underscore_101_ » 12 Aug 2022 17:10

Thanks @xXCARL1992Xx, That's something i can look into :-)

Trying to learn by watching and reading, some things go flawlessly, with others I get lost in the amount of information, or mistakes and try again, and again 'till i have no idea what's what anymore :-)
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2022 17:14

what you should do is create a folder that is called base where you import everything into so you have all most needed textures in on locations, when you import with converterPIXwrapper there is an option "texture to base" this should create a base folder and store all textures there, blender will be able to fetch them so you dont need to have textures in your mod that the game already provides

[ external image ]

inside this folder i have all game textures from the game, in my mods i only use my own textures or the ones i have modified (ignore base_kast and base_vehicle, they dont work and im just to lazy to clean up) the other folders are all my projects where i store my work in
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Underscore_101_

#5 Post by Underscore_101_ » 12 Aug 2022 18:19

Thanks again, think i've tried that, though possibly did something else wrong, but when i did, the mod that was created ... was created with everything in it and not just the files the mod needs, even though i checked "selection" that's why i "made it simple" and only provided the files ( i thought were) needed, which to some point worked :-)

The things is that i love to figure stuff out just by trial and error, which sometimes doesn't work, but i'm a terrible learner by just reading, or doing exactly what a video on Youtube "says" and then still not getting it right :-), so when i finally got some things to work i was super excited, but,.. well i've said this before, but atm it's 2 steps forward and at least one step back.

Oh well, back to trying with your tips :-)

Return to “Blender Tools”