Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4652 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2022 01:23

Marcello Julio wrote: 12 Aug 2022 22:08 Yes, cotton farms have to be a new company too. I hope that just like Montana, which we had the addition of the Beet Harvester as cargo, they make the Cotton Harvester.
Ohhh yes. As we get into the heart of the Great Plains, they will feature a lot of machinery. Lets hope we get a lot of Farm Sim type stuff. The extra mile is inking a licensed dlc....not named John Deere, lol. The cotton harvester, the potato harvester, the combine header, plows, etc. Anything from this thread will work. The more the better. viewtopic.php?p=1311180#p1311180
Meteor197

#4653 Post by Meteor197 » 13 Aug 2022 01:25

Much as I would like to see more variety of companies, and was hoping to see something new in this blog, it's not the end of the world to me. I personally don't have high hopes for a plethora of new companies coming with Texas like flight50 is hoping for. I think we'll get a handful of one-offs for things like ports and airports, and new companies for specialized industries, but apart from that I'll believe it when I see it. Until meaningful changes are made, the best I could recommend is to pretend that your virtual fleet has a dedicated account with a select few companies, and all of the could have beens remain imaginary. For example, say that Home Store has a contract with you to run loads for them, and the imaginary parodies of Lowe's and Menards have contracts with your imaginary competitors. Also, I'm fine with having some of the companies be ubiquitous. For example, I would like to see a Wallbert store in just about every marked city that has a Walmart in real life, though it would be good to see one competitor to Wallbert in each region, and this competitor should be a different company by region. The problem comes when you have two of the same company in the same city, such as those with two Bushnells or two Sunshine Crops. Each of those companies should get a competitor that replaces (just the name, not the whole prefab) one of the duplicates. But I disagree with flight50 in that Sunshine Crops should get three competitors that all exist in the same region, because I still want certain companies to still be relatively ubiquitous and familiar in the game. People draw comparisons to ETS2, but I bet (I haven't counted) that within a certain DLC, there is a comparable number of companies to a similar size region in ATS, with the difference being in that few companies are shared between DLCs in ETS2. So it's not like Logistica Atlantica (Iberia) is directly competing with Transporti Mediterrano (Italy). But at the end of the day, it's just names and logos on buildings that I don't spend much time at in the game compared to driving on the road, so no matter what happens I won't create a stink about it. If anything I would appreciate more companies for the sake of variety in the AI traffic, than for variety of deliveries.

Now, more diverse and dynamic prefabs, cargo, and economy is a bigger deal to me. I would much rather deliver to the same old companies with diverse prefabs, than to see the same couple prefabs reused under all sorts of different names. That makes for a more immersive simulated experience (though I admit my reasoning is inconsistent with what I said about the companies just being a name and logo, as the only thing you ever see of your cargo is the little icon, so it's not like it makes the drive any different), where as I said earlier, with lack of companies you could easily say that your trucking company is dedicated to servicing a select handful of companies.
Optional Features

#4654 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2022 03:57

@Meteor197 Agreed, we need a lot more prefab variety regardless of name and a lot more visible cargo options, regardless of where they are delivered.

By now, some of these old warehouse models should have been retired. We're going to get a 12th state with the same old models for warehouse, garages, and more, models that are from the original days of ATS (and some may be even older yet).

And on the topic of contract loads, that and companies where you can visibly see cargo disappear or appear as loaded would be a dream for me.

One person mentioned cargo ships I believe. Imagine seeing a ship come into port, dock, and then over time all the containers from it end up on trucks or trains while new ones take its place.

That would be a much more impressive experience than pulling into a completely deserted port, backing into a "dock", and driving away.
Bedavd

#4655 Post by Bedavd » 13 Aug 2022 04:02

flight50 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 21:48 We have seen Kolico twice now in blogs and it has not come as a depot.
There’s a building nextdoor to the 42 Print in Great Falls signed as a Kolico, so officially the company does exist in ATS’s US. Hopefully we get it as a usable company soon, though there are other companies I would rather get competition but anything will do.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Viper28

#4656 Post by Viper28 » 13 Aug 2022 04:26

flight50 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 20:00 I think Marcello is speaking of 2d team as in 2d concept artist that are making new companies. Which is just Annie and Petr for ATS. ETS2 has 2 of their own. As far as asset team, per MandelSoft years ago, he is the one that told me that for the most part, for every 1 mapper, there is 1 asset person. I can find that post if necessary. Not that was 2017 so no telling what's different now but I bet it still fairly valid.
this makes a generous assumption that attrition does not exceed acquisition.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
flight50

#4657 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2022 04:33

@Meteor197 Why would we pretend that our virtual fleet has a dedicated account? We are already pretending that we are truckers already. Why double pretend. Its much easier for SCS just to implement a lot more game features and put focus diverse logistics vs repetitiveness. You mentioned you would like to see a Walmart in every city where there is a real one. That's fine and dandy but ATS has more than one per city and the Wallberts are not the retail stores you are more than likely referring to. 80% of the Walmarts in ATS are not real locations. This has been researched by @oldmanclippy. You can use the search engine on the forum to find his post stating this. SCS has way too many fictional locations.

I agree it would be cool to have one competitor per region but Target is not a regional competitor. Sam's, Costco, Kohl's, JC Penny.... they are a national competitors. There are several national competitors for certain stores along with several regional competitors. Why have 1 competitor when you can have 2-3. That's limiting the game. We are talking about 49 states potentially. . I'm not sure if you own ETS2 or not but I'll recommend you purchase it and buy all the dlc's to get a better understanding on what ATS is short on.

Are far as Sunshine Cropos should have 3 competitors.......First off I never said they are competitors. Not for agriculture. Competitors are retail stores. Not everything I mention is about competitors, its about variety. Sunshine crops can not host every since produce there is. Look in the North American Agriculture thread in my signature and count how many items could be cargo in the game. I categorized it all for convivence. Each category is a different farm type. To do all those crops...... nuts, fruits, vegetable and grains, 1-2 farms can't produce all that. Just using the 4 categories alone, we will need 4 different farms. A farm that grows nuts, only grows nuts. A farm that only grows fruit, only grows fruit. A farm that only grows grains, will only grow grains, etc. So yes, we need more than just Sunshine crops per city where industry is valid for it. Bushnell is livestock. It not a produce farm. Same with it. A cattle farm won't raise pork, chickens nor turkey.

In ATS only one prefab type can exist per city. That is why I say we need several crop farms. A rebranded farm with a different name can be a new farm with a different set of crops. That works. There are simply way too many cargoes that can make the game to only have 2-3 farms for the entire game. If you look at the entire US, there are thousands of farms. Why should we only have 1-2 for the entire game?

Instead of betting on ETS2 companies vs ATS companies by regions here are the links. Someone already did the work. All you have to do is look at it.

Here is ATS. https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... _Companies. Click on the column for "No. of Depots" and on "Category" and shuffle them to sort by high to low. You will notice 2 things. 1) The high usage for the top 10-12 companies and 2) notice under category how there is pretty much only one company per industry with the exception of like 1-2. One-offs don't count in the exercise.

Now with that said, here is the ETS2 version. https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... _Companies. Do the exact same thing here. "No of Depots" and then Category". You will notice, that there is a quite a bit lower number of overused depots. Secondly, under "category" you will notice a lot more options per industry. There are a lot more companies available to take cargo to and from. So yes, we make comparisons to ETS2 because both games are made under the same roof. What we are asking for is variety and diversity. For someone that doesn't care about companies and variety, the point is mute for you all. If it doesn't matter to you all, why do you care if those of us that do fight for more variety. For some of us, this game ins not just about driving around to look at scenery.

I was always taught......closed mouths don't get feed. When you open your mouth, you provide feedback. That is the most effective thing for a dev. How can you make a better product if people don't provide feedback.
halbtollekreatur

#4658 Post by halbtollekreatur » 13 Aug 2022 09:05

Bedavd wrote: 13 Aug 2022 04:02 There’s a building nextdoor to the 42 Print in Great Falls signed as a Kolico, so officially the company does exist in ATS’s US. Hopefully we get it as a usable company soon, though there are other companies I would rather get competition but anything will do.
IF we can get it, it would a good opportunity to add a proper beverage trailer for downtown deliveries.
Like this one
[ external image ]
gt379

#4659 Post by gt379 » 13 Aug 2022 15:04

@flight50

Quoted by myself on April 25th, 2020 when we were discussing about MAP DLC cover, from the ATS Teasers Thread, page 866, that got locked on May 3rd, 2020 by Wolfi:

"I only found a Kenworth W900 on the Nevada DLC cover on Google as of right now. I remember very well that the Peterbilt 389 was the truck featured on the Nevada DLC artwork cover, but somehow I can't find it anymore... Maybe someone can find it..."

Now, August 13th, 2022:

I found it!

I knew I saw it, now I have evidence!!!!

The 389 featured on the Nevada DLC Cover!!!

You can find it in the game on the "Connect your content to World of Truck" page on your profile game options under the online tab, then click Browse!

I posted it in the Texas thread because we were discussing, at that time, whether or not the 389 should be featured on the Texas DLC Cover.

[ external image ]
AlexxxF1

#4660 Post by AlexxxF1 » 13 Aug 2022 15:45

flight50 wrote: 13 Aug 2022 04:33 Here is ATS. https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... _Companies. Click on the column for "No. of Depots" and on "Category" and shuffle them to sort by high to low. You will notice 2 things. 1) The high usage for the top 10-12 companies and 2) notice under category how there is pretty much only one company per industry with the exception of like 1-2. One-offs don't count in the exercise.

Now with that said, here is the ETS2 version. https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... _Companies. Do the exact same thing here. "No of Depots" and then Category". You will notice, that there is a quite a bit lower number of overused depots. Secondly, under "category" you will notice a lot more options per industry. There are a lot more companies available to take cargo to and from. So yes, we make comparisons to ETS2 because both games are made under the same roof. What we are asking for is variety and diversity. For someone that doesn't care about companies and variety, the point is mute for you all. If it doesn't matter to you all, why do you care if those of us that do fight for more variety. For some of us, this game ins not just about driving around to look at scenery.
well, talking about the diversity in ATS and ETS2 and constantly comparing them all times, in fact, the gap is minimal.

in ETS2 we have 26 states and 165 different companies represented. or an average of 6.3 dif companies per state.in scale 1:19.
in ATS_ we have 11 states and 56 different companies represented. or an average of 5.1 dif companies per state. in scale 1:20.

maybe that's why it's not so critical for me, and when I playing both games, I don't notice the difference and some kind of gap between them in terms of diversity of different companies.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 13 Aug 2022 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”