Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

Obmir

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#371 Post by Obmir » 26 Jul 2022 19:09

Really wish they got alot more farming equipment to haul, just pick the models from farming sim
JoeAlex23

#372 Post by JoeAlex23 » 26 Jul 2022 19:15

That's not how it works, that's called "Would you like to get sued by stealing 3d models from another company?" 😂
Optional Features

#373 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 19:32

Obmir wrote: 26 Jul 2022 19:09 Really wish they got alot more farming equipment to haul, just pick the models from farming sim
That would cause a major legal battle, starting with GIANTS and then with all of their separately licensed brands. But what SCS could do is put some of the farming equipment and implements they have made (that are sitting around the map) on trailers. That they can do with no approvals necessary.
Obmir

#374 Post by Obmir » 26 Jul 2022 20:31

I didn't mean to say it that way lol.... more like seriousmods is telling about.

Now that we are getting the beet harverster, why not the patato harverster that is sitting sad and lonley on a farm just waiting to get hauled.

I mean, so much models in FS, why not just "copy" some for more diversity, like why do we only have one tractor to haul, while we also have the other model in ETS2, just port it over...
Optional Features

#375 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 20:34

Obmir wrote: 26 Jul 2022 20:31 I didn't mean to say it that way lol.... more like seriousmods is telling about.

Now that we are getting the beet harverster, why not the patato harverster that is sitting sad and lonley on a farm just waiting to get hauled.

I mean, so much models in FS, why not just "copy" some for more diversity, like why do we only have one tractor to haul, while we also have the other model in ETS2, just port it over...
Oh totally agree!

There are thousands of cargo options that are not being used. I've made a whole thread of them, and am just getting started.

Pretty much anything in the country is hauled on a truck (even railcars have been), so it's just up to the SCS team to turn these models into cargo. But that requires cargo being a priority, and according to one of the latest blogs, "we want new toys to play with." I've never thought of cargo as toys, but oh well lol.
danbywinby

#376 Post by danbywinby » 26 Jul 2022 20:47

I wonder if it would be possible for a modder to take some of those models and turn them into cargo.

I know that it's definitely not going to be as easy as you are making it out to be and it obviously would be much easier for SCS to do as opposed to a modder but I do wonder if it might be simple ish for a modder to do it.
Optional Features

#377 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 21:07

danbywinby wrote: 26 Jul 2022 20:47 I know that it's definitely not going to be as easy as you are making it out to be and it obviously would be much easier for SCS to do as opposed to a modder but I do wonder if it might be simple ish for a modder to do it.
Fair enough lol. I often oversimplify stuff as I come from a modding community where something like this would take a very short time. But yes, it's probably much more difficult here.

From my other experience, I would:

Export part. Add primitive (cube). Scale to size of thing. Freeze transforms (to 1,1,1). Cut and paste part under transform. Check a box for collision. Enter collision mask code. Save. Find an xml for something similar that is strap-supporting. Make sure the code nodes work. Save. Zip. Throw it in game. Pick it up by hand with super strength. Set it on a flatbed. See if it straps.

But here, cargo is tied to trailers and based on the little I've seen, there's a lot going on in the back end code in addition to the model side of things.
flight50

#378 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 17:34

I just came across these two list when looking for cargo. When will SCS make one huge cargo library and let both game share both. ATS can use a lot of the ETS2 cargo already. I'm sure ETS2 can use some from ATS that it may not have. Obviously not everything works for both games but there is a ton for ETS2 that applies for the industries that ATS does currently have. If we can get a team focused on continuously adding to the pool of cargo, both games will have a huge roster to select from. 2d cargoes are the easiest to implement but current not much is being done.

https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... argo_types
https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... argo_types
Graf_Boinenn

#379 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 13 Aug 2022 02:28

I really would love to see in the future to transport truck from factories to dealerships or between dealerships. Right now we have KW, Pete and WS. We need more configurations and trucks in this type of load.
Optional Features

#380 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2022 03:52

Yeah, a delivery of a set of new trucks (including the lead one) properly piggybacked from a factory and destined to a dealer should be reserved for the drivers with the highest reputation in game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”