Bring back orginal gas stations

GinXeng

Re: Bring back orginal gas stations

#71 Post by GinXeng » 10 Aug 2022 08:46

werewoooooooolf wrote: 09 Aug 2022 03:35 Wow, criticising for making this decision late. So the focus changed from ‘replacing the brands’ to ‘not doing it earlier’? Criticising them for thinking for long term? that’s plain bad. Remember, nobody’s perfect.

Anyway, that’s just your opinion. I like the new ones more, for multiple reasons.
Well yes, if they would have not ever added them from the start, there would be no discussion as we wouldn't have known about them.
PBandJ

#72 Post by PBandJ » 10 Aug 2022 11:58

HAHAHAHA, maybe if ETS2 hadn't been created, then ATS would not have been, so we wouldn't be having these silly conversations..... :lol:
Travismods

#73 Post by Travismods » 10 Aug 2022 12:31

Dislike the new ones and I think its a valid subject to discuss @GinXeng.

Has there been any confirmation on whether the new ones can in fact be overwritten with any mod? The Real Companies and Logos mod seems to still leave the new ones in for me.
jab98

#74 Post by jab98 » 10 Aug 2022 16:39

GinXeng wrote: 10 Aug 2022 08:46
werewoooooooolf wrote: 09 Aug 2022 03:35 Wow, criticising for making this decision late. So the focus changed from ‘replacing the brands’ to ‘not doing it earlier’? Criticising them for thinking for long term? that’s plain bad. Remember, nobody’s perfect.

Anyway, that’s just your opinion. I like the new ones more, for multiple reasons.
Well yes, if they would have not ever added them from the start, there would be no discussion as we wouldn't have known about them.
LOL

I love how unreasonable people get when they realize they’re in a losing argument and start grasping at straws.

Fact of the matter is they’re gone and not coming back. It can be said with almost absolute certainty that they were removed to avoid legal issues. If you’re so displeased make your own real company logo mod or be quiet and wait patiently until someone else does.
jab98

#75 Post by jab98 » 10 Aug 2022 16:40

koolizz wrote: 10 Aug 2022 12:31 Dislike the new ones and I think its a valid subject to discuss @GinXeng.

Has there been any confirmation on whether the new ones can in fact be overwritten with any mod? The Real Companies and Logos mod seems to still leave the new ones in for me.
Whether existing mods work or not I don’t know. But just like almost anything ingame you should be able to make a mod that overrides them. All that should need to be done is pull the updated models and textures from the base and redo them to whatever brands you’d like.
Optional Features

#76 Post by Optional Features » 10 Aug 2022 17:37

koolizz wrote: 10 Aug 2022 12:31 Dislike the new ones and I think its a valid subject to discuss @GinXeng.

I believe those creators are working on updates. There is 3d work that needs to be done.
GinXeng

#77 Post by GinXeng » 13 Aug 2022 11:53

jab98 wrote: 10 Aug 2022 16:39
GinXeng wrote: 10 Aug 2022 08:46 Well yes, if they would have not ever added them from the start, there would be no discussion as we wouldn't have known about them.
LOL

I love how unreasonable people get when they realize they’re in a losing argument and start grasping at straws.

Fact of the matter is they’re gone and not coming back. It can be said with almost absolute certainty that they were removed to avoid legal issues. If you’re so displeased make your own real company logo mod or be quiet and wait patiently until someone else does.
Only one trying to argue is you, this is simply a discussion.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#78 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 09:49

zippe wrote: 26 Jul 2022 21:18 I would like real companies too, but who says SCS hasn't asked real companies allready?
Maybe some companies wanted to be in the game,maybe some not,maybe some wanted to much money for using their brand, .......... .......
We don't know what happens in the background,or do anyone of you know with what companies SCS is talking???
What people fail to realise is that licencing processes are expensive, often take years and they really aren't as simple as most tend to believe.
Last edited by SCS_Annie on 17 Aug 2022 10:03, edited 3 times in total.
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#79 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 09:50

GinXeng wrote: 07 Aug 2022 20:15 Neither did the most original gas stations but here we are.
Like 'em or hate 'em, the original gas stations were extremely problematic and potentially dangerous content in terms of how similar they were to their real-world counterpart. Furthermore, the models were rather outdated and in much need of a visual update.

We do respect and understand the outrage, but again, I must remind you that we never do anything without a good reason. We also do respect modders and everyone who choose to use their mods in order to make our games even more immersive. We always have and we always will.
Last edited by SCS_Annie on 17 Aug 2022 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Instagram
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#80 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 09:55

GinXeng wrote: 09 Aug 2022 03:31 Then they should have thought of all of that in the first place, why remove them 6 years later. The new ones are just awful.
Afaik he company had roughly ~50-100 employees back then or possibly even fewer (that divided into many many departments. The asset teams were TINY). We are still a relatively small company and we used to be even smaller. Matters such as the issue of branding just weren't the priority.

Instagram

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”