Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#3761 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2022 13:35

@Shiva are you saying complex as in space/limitations that SCS would have to work with or complex as in the involved scenery? The two are not one in the same in that regard. I've spot check that route a few times over the years and honestly, its no more complex than what we've seen all all over the map for some of the most scenic stuff.

But if your speaking of space, I have no doubt it would be challenging. What I'm saying is put the talents of the Going to the Sun mapper in South Utah and let someone else do that Idaho to Washington connect. It could be another senior doing it. Doesn't matter. But seeing what happened in Glacier, keep that mapper on mountains as he clearly has massive talent. Southern Utah is one of the most scenic Utah has to offer. That right up the aisle for the talents of the Glacier mapper. The connection from Montana to Washington didn't happen with Montana so after Texas releases, I hope SCS pushes someone in that direction once a butt load of mappers are then freed up. Out of 30+ mappers, there is someone that can handle it. I'd use one specific mapper elsewhere is what I'm saying while others form map team for future dlc's and California reworks.
Llewelyn

#3762 Post by Llewelyn » 13 Aug 2022 15:40

Well, I've been to all the cities. Not done all the possible places, nor all the viewpoints. Excellent job so far, haven't found any errors as yet. I'm about to do some scenic touring in Glacier and Yellowstone.

As an aside, I still find it childishly amusing that there's a place called Butte and it's main claim to fame is possessing a giant hole.
KnuteOle

#3763 Post by KnuteOle » 13 Aug 2022 16:14

I completed the event, visited all the cities, driven all of the major roads, saw all the viewpoints. Even petted a moose. It bit me.

So...when's Texas. :D j/k

Montana is very good. Parts of the east, as many have mentioned, aren't quite as open and tree-free as I had hoped, but the roads and cities are well done. Best of all, the roads that connect with Idaho really help complete Idaho... and many of those new roads in Idaho are quite well done. I think since Idaho first launched, they've added about 500 miles or more of road within state boundaries.
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
flight50

#3764 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2022 18:00

Llewelyn wrote: 13 Aug 2022 15:40 Well, I've been to all the cities. Not done all the possible places, nor all the viewpoints. Excellent job so far, haven't found any errors as yet. I'm about to do some scenic touring in Glacier and Yellowstone.

As an aside, I still find it childishly amusing that there's a place called Butte and it's main claim to fame is possessing a giant hole.
The pronunciation for Butte is not But. Its Byoot. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... nt=gws-wiz
Optional Features

#3765 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2022 18:34

Shiva wrote: 13 Aug 2022 13:01 seriousmods SR-14 for WA? Would be nice for the sections that can be added. Even tho it would parallell I-84. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45.6959 ... 42!1m0!3e0
Maybe tricks used in GNP, would be useful for this road, if it ever gets added. + the road would look odd on the map, close to Portland.
Yeah, there's a large paper mill that could be added just after where they cut it.

That whole area is weird and terrible in some ways, but more roads are nice.
saur44l

#3766 Post by saur44l » 13 Aug 2022 20:27

Well if there is one thing that I dislike in Montana,then that has to be city of Laurel,it seems that this town is just like the ones we have in the base map,prior to rework.It is just like some of the ones in ETS2(I truly,truly hate those) were you place a marked town and add few delivery places only for the sake to increase the number of them.It has to be noted that majority of the scenery towns in Montana look like they have received more love and attention.
killingjoke28336

#3767 Post by killingjoke28336 » 13 Aug 2022 20:32

Yeah, and Shelby is only scenic but looks like it is supposed to be a marked one, really a shame.
rbsanford

#3768 Post by rbsanford » 13 Aug 2022 20:32

KnuteOle wrote: 13 Aug 2022 16:14 Even petted a moose. It bit me.
A moose once bit my sister...
No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge—her brother-in-law— an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...
Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...
[We apologise for the fault in this post text. Those responsible have been sacked.]

The new roads in Idaho really are an improvement on the state's road network. I especially like US 12 east of Kooskia, how it runs through that very nice canyon.

Speaking of US 12, I wonder how possible it would be to see the highway between Helena and Roundup. We have both of those ends, plus the concurrency with US 89 between them. It could make for a nice alternate route between Helena and Billings. Ideally it would also connect with I-94 at Forsyth, but that would probably conflict with the Signal Peak Mine, and would require the E93 interchange.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Shiva

#3769 Post by Shiva » 13 Aug 2022 23:00

rvsabford, Helena to Roundup?
Helena to US-89, closer than one thinks. But would have been nice to have that piece too.
White Sulphur Springs to Roundup, that should be possible.

flight50, complex in space. As I see it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
The Torgo

#3770 Post by The Torgo » 14 Aug 2022 02:51

@KnuteOle agree, idaho comes alive with the release of montana, prior to that was a dead end with few to none real truck activity

also north wyoming, particularly gillette, nice scenery right there

Return to “General discussion about the game”