After updating the game to 1.45 patch, my custom GPS background is black and white

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
bumbumek

After updating the game to 1.45 patch, my custom GPS background is black and white

#1 Post by bumbumek » 13 Aug 2022 17:07

Hi guys,

when I updated the game to 1.45, my custom GPS background become black and white. When I open .dds file (is saved as DXT5) , the main graphic file is in colour, and looks like this:

[ external image ]

When I start GPS in any truck, the file is completely black and white. I was using this for years, and there was no problem with color, until now. Do you know guys, how to restore colored version in game?
bumbumek

Re: After updating the game to 1.45 patch, my custom GPS background is black and white

#2 Post by bumbumek » 15 Aug 2022 17:58

Anyone, please? 😑
Darkcaptain

Re: After updating the game to 1.45 patch, my custom GPS background is black and white

#3 Post by Darkcaptain » 19 Aug 2022 13:05

@bumbumek Could you upload the dds file you use to take a look at it? maybe it has something to do with the alpha layer or I don't know...

Do you use DX11 or OpenGL?
SimulatorSam

#4 Post by SimulatorSam » 19 Aug 2022 13:52

@bumbumek Check the .mat file for the texture, maybe the material is "ui.mono" instead of "ui"?
bumbumek

#5 Post by bumbumek » 19 Aug 2022 14:48

Dear @Darkcaptain, thank you very much mate for your willingness to help! <3

Dear @SimulatorSam, that was it! There was indeed "ui.mono", thank you very much for your such precious hint :)

Return to “Help requests”