Need Help to Fix Steering in Legacy ETS2 1.34 and ProMods 2.33

Axel Slingerland

Need Help to Fix Steering in Legacy ETS2 1.34 and ProMods 2.33

#1 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Aug 2022 09:39

Hello,

I have had ETS2 since 2013 and a Logitech G-27 since 2014, and no matter what I do, I can't figure out how to fix this problem. If I drive slow, like 50 to 70 kph, it's not so bad. But I hate driving slow. It does not do this all the time. Some days I can drive for hours without a problem. Other times, when I accelerate, for no apparent reason the truck will suddenly jerk to the left or right and slam into the guardrail, or go off road if there isn't one. And once it does that, all I can do is quit the game because the truck drives like a boat after that. Turning the wheel even just a tiny bit and it reacts like a boat in water does. At times re-calibrating the wheel or rebooting the PC helps, but not always.

I have searched the Internet for possible solutions and tried everything I have ever seen to fix this and the only thing that made any difference was putting wider tires on the truck. That made me think it was software related. But even that made only a small difference. So after years of messing with this, I've come to the conclusion that I could have botched the physics files somewhere, or (OMG no) the G-27 is broken in some way.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Driving at 50 to 70 kph all the time is fine for windy mountain roads, but on long, somewhat strait roads I like to cut loose.

As always, thank you in advance,

Ax
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Need Help to Fix Steering in Legacy ETS2 1.34 and ProMods 2.33

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Aug 2022 09:44

this sound more like your G27 starts to plan its retirement, what you can try is reinstall the game and create a new profile and see if it still happens (quickjob drives are enough for this), if not it is something with the game, if it still happens it is mot likely your wheel thats starts to go out

the G27 is already 8 years old, 12 since release of the wheel itself and i dont know how often you use it, so after this long of a time and regular use i wouldnt be surprised that it starts to go funky
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Aug 2022 11:23

I use it about 5 or 6 hours a week, but more if it's in a "good mood"... Other than this intermittent steering problem that is worse some of the time, better in others, the wheel works fine. And it's working fine in some other games but not at all in others, so I have no idea what's going on. If the wheel is broken, it's been that way since I bought it. The game had been re-installed every time there was a new version from 1.5 to 1.34, and I only had the game a few months when I bought the wheel. So that won't do much.
[ external image ]

Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Aug 2022 08:27

Yep, It's always been like that. This is my first post here, on October 22nd, 2013... Five days before I bought the game. After I bought my G27 is was a lot better, but the problem is still there. Just different. And no, I did not pay $300 for it. For the record, since then I have had three different computers, and when I was a Moderator Max told me I could install a copy on my son's computer since technically speaking, it's also mine because I bought it, so that is four computers I've installed the game on, and no matter what I've done over the years, this problem is still there. But I keep trying to figure it out...
[ external image ]

Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 Aug 2022 23:38

Ok, after nearly eight years, I have exorcised the Demon. Or at least it appears that I have, anyway. I was talking to Reinhard and said something to the effect of when I installed my G27, I had just started using a modified Majestic to turn it into what it was supposed to be, a Mercedes, with a souped up engine mod. I said I had tried everything I can think of and nothing works, "and it's as if the truck has too much power..."

Later I was thinking about that. So knowing now what I did not know in 2014, that a souped up engine just has higher Torque settings, I opened the engine file and stated making the number for that setting smaller a little at a time, and after three adjustments it started getting better. After six, I hit the sweet spot, where there are no more random slams into the guardrail anymore, yet I can still drive at the speeds I like to drive.

So I'm a happy camper. I was thinking I would have to either buy a new wheel, and G27's are hard to find and I don't want an updated G25, or go back to the wild and crazy driving I had with a joystick and or a gamepad. I was definitely not looking forward to that!
[ external image ]

Return to “Technical Problems”