Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

Optional Features

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#81 Post by Optional Features » 08 Aug 2022 06:43

Come on, SCS, seriously! A fully detailed inspection bay at a weigh station with bollards in front of the doors? Why lol.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#82 Post by Optional Features » 15 Aug 2022 05:54

A few more from Montana. Banks should have triggers in front of them that allow us to borrow/deposit money on the spot. Could be in the parking lot. Could be in front of an ATM if we ever get walk mode.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Nice warehouse models that deserve to be functional somewhere, maybe not this place, but somewhere.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I will say it until proven wrong: SCS despises ranches lol.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

One of a growing number of business chains in game that have their own signage, but aren't deliverable anywhere. Not sure what the point is, especially given the dearth of companies in game.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Another couple locations that would make nice farm or construction equipment delivery spots.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

This one is plain sad: perfect spot for an equipment dealer. Instead, we're using a tired, old HMS prefab.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I think they made a special gate to block this one off.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#83 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 00:20

And there were more:

Potential buyable trailer storage yard.
[ external image ]

Another blocked off ranch.
[ external image ]

We have a growing number of decorative gas stations now.
[ external image ]

Some nice small warehouses.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Blocked off farm.
[ external image ]

Could be another truck yard.
[ external image ]

This could be as well.
[ external image ]

More blocked off farms.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

These ranch entrances: are there two in game that we can drive under? I know there is one in Wyoming I think, but almost all of them are blocked it seems.
[ external image ]

And no entry to parking lots.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
flight50

#84 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2022 04:09

Had Shelby been marked, Montana could get at least (1) wind farm going. US-191's Judith Gap didn't make the cut. But this location is South of Cut Bank and West of Shelby off US-2.

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5732459 ... !1e3?hl=en
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This could be a vessel company that distributes large storage tanks for both above and underground applications. We got Silane gas as part of Chemso. This prefab could have been another Chemso I guess. Otherwise, new company name.

viewtopic.php?p=1090773#p1090773

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#85 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 05:10

Thanks @flight50! I need to find that last one to add to my cargo thread. Looks like some good prefabs that could be flatbed loads.

As for wind, I, too, really want to see some more attention given to that industry. Looks like they even put in the initial road to the location. All that is needed is to finish it. Wind relies so much on trucking: it really deserves it's own paid DLC at this point. Let's hope that Texas gets some proper wind farms.
flight50

#86 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2022 05:35

Yeah I'd love to see a wind cargo industry pack. I think they could easily pull off at least 8 cargoes for it. The stuff we have is from ETS2 and it got us started. But I think it can be vastly improved to fit NA a bit better.
Optional Features

#87 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 05:36

A bunch of stuff in Sacramento is a headshaker.

A group of eight decorative warehouses (surrounded by old, functional prefabs)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

More assorted warehouses in the same business district, all decorative
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

A decorative apartment construction site
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Perfect repair shop (would love to buy this and service my trucks here).
[ external image ]

Some kind of manufacturer
[ external image ]

A decorative pallet company
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck/trailer yard
[ external image ]

Manufacturer
[ external image ]

Office supply company
[ external image ]

Warehouse
[ external image ]

Decorative gas station
[ external image ]

Small manufacturer perhaps
[ external image ]

Decorative sawmill
[ external image ]

And another potential truck/trailer yard
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#88 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 05:39

flight50 wrote: 22 Aug 2022 05:35 Yeah I'd love to see a wind cargo industry pack. I think they could easily pull off at least 8 cargoes for it. The stuff we have is from ETS2 and it got us started. But I think it can be vastly improved to fit NA a bit better.
Yeah, that would bring hours of enjoyment. A couple dedicated trailers (schnabel and blade), a drivable pilot car (please and thank you for convoys), a bunch of assorted lowboy cargo (nacelle, crane parts, support vehicles, larger excavator, concrete pumper, etc) and a map update to the PNW, Wyoming, and Montana as well--I honestly don't care what the price was. Make it $15. People would buy it: this stuff is cool!
flight50

#89 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2022 11:53

Ohhhhhh so they do have a pallet prefab. I have been asking and asking for that one for a long time. It needs to be functional though. 20% of WoT jobs are empty pallets. That is wayyy to much and such a depot would give meaning to pallets. We should at least have a factory for them instead of taking them everywhere else.

We have lumber well established in the game. Lumber can go into this prefab along with other things like empty pallets to get rebuilt, nails, forklifts, paint and resin for plastic pallets. If SCS makes a pallet depot, they might as well do all pallet types in one prefab.

Outbound, forklifts, pallets both wood and plastic. There can easily be 4 types of pallets made. Standard size plastic, standard size wood, oversized wood and the blue OHSA pallets that are thicker and heavy duty.

We should have both 2d pallets and 3d pallets. They are transported in multiple ways. Not just van trailers. There can go in dry vans, reefers, curtain spiders, sliding tarps and on flat beds and drop decks.
Optional Features

#90 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 16:37

flight50 wrote: 22 Aug 2022 11:53 Ohhhhhh so they do have a pallet prefab. I have been asking and asking for that one for a long time. It needs to be functional though. 20% of WoT jobs are empty pallets. That is wayyy to much and such a depot would give meaning to pallets. We should at least have a factory for them instead of taking them everywhere else.

We have lumber well established in the game. Lumber can go into this prefab along with other things like empty pallets to get rebuilt, nails, forklifts, paint and resin for plastic pallets. If SCS makes a pallet depot, they might as well do all pallet types in one prefab.

Outbound, forklifts, pallets both wood and plastic. There can easily be 4 types of pallets made. Standard size plastic, standard size wood, oversized wood and the blue OHSA pallets that are thicker and heavy duty.

We should have both 2d pallets and 3d pallets. They are transported in multiple ways. Not just van trailers. There can go in dry vans, reefers, curtain spiders, sliding tarps and on flat beds and drop decks.
Yeah, empty pallets and used packaging are way too numerous.

But at least this is a reasonable place to get pallets from.

Return to “General discussion about the game”