AI Utility trucks in Montana glow red

jdkelley93

Re: AI Utility trucks in Montana glow red

#11 Post by jdkelley93 » 15 Aug 2022 16:17

I will get you some closer screenshots (with debug info) during the day next time I see the vehicle.
Software dev by day, virtual trucker by night
jdkelley93

#12 Post by jdkelley93 » 16 Aug 2022 01:12

Here's a screenshot with the requested debug info - https://imgur.com/a/lTLEMUH

The truck appears to be /vehicle/ai/f350_heavy_duty

Here's another video clip (with debug info) - https://imgur.com/a7WuXm7
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#13 Post by TruckerDog » 17 Aug 2022 13:29

Thanks for the information and the screenshots. It really was the vehicle I thought it could be, but unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce this problem. We've tried many different options and configurations ( low, medium, high texture settings, DX11 or OpenGL, same and different times of day ). Not only myself but also my colleagues and community testers tried to reproduce this and also failed to see this problem.

I would suggest maybe to verify the game files just to be sure. Although I am not entirely sure if this will help you or not.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Reinhard

#14 Post by Reinhard » 17 Aug 2022 14:07

Just a thought: in the first video, the vehicle is standing still, maybe even on the road shoulder.

So could it be at a random event, instead of AI? Don't know if that would make any difference for testing.

My thought is that I have seen vehicles, waiting at the traffic light, illuminated with a bright, glowing red light, from the breaking lights of the car in front. Could this be an event where the source of the red light vanishes, when you come closer?
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#15 Post by TruckerDog » 17 Aug 2022 16:44

This problem could most likely happen at some LOD level. In this case it seems to affect the farthest LOD from the videos / screenshots provided.

This problem is shown with the vehicle running as an AI vehicle, which is correct as it is a new vehicle that comes with Montana DLC.

I think that if you changed LOD factor for traffic setting via the game console, you'd see the vehicle glowing red right next to you, as it would easily display the farthest LOD: g_lod_factor_traffic 0.1 ( instead of default 1 )
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
jdkelley93

#16 Post by jdkelley93 » 18 Aug 2022 12:41

I noticed that the vehicle in question has a beacon activated. Is it possible that the glowing is caused by how the beacon is handled at lower LOD levels?

I also have not been able to replicate the issue during the day, so it seems to like it may be flare related, since lights are only on at night. Again, I have no proof, just an observation.

Return to “Bugs 1.45”