[WIP] [Rel] Paris 1:1 Map [1.49]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Weaseloz

Re: [WIP] Paris 1:1 Map

#71 Post by Weaseloz » 16 Aug 2022 08:12

I love your map and your project, a real pleasure to drive in Paris and its surroundings, do you plan to add Rungis?
fisherm

#72 Post by fisherm » 16 Aug 2022 12:54

(Do I plan to add Rungis?)
Possibly, but it would be one of the last areas of the map featured. I'd like to have mapped the entire area inside the periph, the spur out to La Défense, and the A1 to CDG airport done for the public release, targeting a date before the Paris Olympics in 2024. I'm over half way, so that's ambitious but hopefully achievable.

Then a nice add on would be down the A6 to Orly, to allow an airport to airport run, in which case Rungis would be included.

While I'm posting, thanks to @Veritas1983 - I didn't know about the no-weather zones - that would solve the problem of rain in the tunnels.
Negieion

#73 Post by Negieion » 16 Aug 2022 18:33

I always look forward to your map updates.
Are you planning to add the area around Le Bourget airport?
Wakou22

#74 Post by Wakou22 » 16 Aug 2022 21:44

Excellent!
ecki

#75 Post by ecki » 18 Aug 2022 13:04

I must admit your video convinced me! An astonishing project! Outstanding!
Waterlemon

#76 Post by Waterlemon » 27 Aug 2022 06:26

This map mod is highly impressive. Being a parisian myself and a ETS player for almost 10 years, I highly appreciate your effort.

I believe this can be pushed further and faster with some more organisation (having a trackable backlog, creating scale chunks first for the rest of the map at once and then move to detailing by category, ie roads only, undetailed buildings for scale and not a full detailed chunk at once, etc..)

I can help to do that and so can the community of modders Please let me know how I can contribute, I am more than happy to do so.

I would very much like to also beta-test what you’ve done already, I don’t mind the rough edges etc.. spending all my time in Paris, I can help add more realism and detail to where you might not have access to.

Happy to chat more!

Kudos!
raphael_alioth

#77 Post by raphael_alioth » 29 Oct 2022 10:13

Hey, i just wanted to know if the map is still being worked on and releasing soon. I can’t wait to drive it.
John99

#78 Post by John99 » 29 Oct 2022 21:55

This is absolutely Incredible, looking forward to updates and a future release date, Keep up the great work !!!
ETS2 & ATS
Home Trucking since 2014
fisherm

#79 Post by fisherm » 31 Oct 2022 10:09

Yes, I'm still working on the map. The official release date is still far away though - there's so much to do it will be a challenge to release before my target date of Paris 2024 Olympics. I have a couple of early testers who just want to drive, and don't mind that sections haven't had the quality control, and don't mind there's unfinished areas they can drive off the map.

I'll post some more screenshots in the next month or so, as La Défense will be done soon and that will make for some great views. But a quick summary:
- the road out to La Défense is close to being complete, target before Christmas
- the A1 out to the airport is about to leave La Courneuve, and begin mapping Le Bourget, including outside Le Bourget airport where you can see parts of the air and space museum. Le Bourget completion target March 2023. Then I need to decide whether to concentrate on just following the A1, missing suburbs further from the road such as Drancy, or also continue to follow the airport RER B rail line, which sweeps out further from the motorway.
- Drivers can now leave the A1 and follow the A86 towards the Stade de France. The A86 has a very cool view where it crosses the rail lines.
- in the main map inside the periph, the quality control is proceeding, using the metro lines as a reminder. 6 of 14 metro lines done, target April 2023, and then the new mapping can speed up again.
- the sweep to extend the main map south and east continues. With the huge road junction at Porte d'Auteuil now included, progress is sweeping east towards the Montparnasse tower. I will add as much as possible of the main map inside the ring road through 2023, and then cut short the remainder and spend the time working to complete the periph before the final deadline.
- the number of custom models will pass 800 in the next week.

Think that's all. Post a reply if anyone has questions.
raphael_alioth

#80 Post by raphael_alioth » 07 Nov 2022 15:27

incredible man, idk how you have so much time to do this. I'm hyped af

Return to “Maps”