Texas Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4701 Post by Tristman » 16 Aug 2022 21:11

City and town prefabs I'm not too worried about. There's already a decent amount visible in the map editor, and that's just for the areas that are currently visible on the map. It looks like they're going all out with new prefabs in that sense.
Company prefabs on the other hand, I'm not convinced from the blogs that they're bringing tons of new ones. They could still be in the making for all we know, but it would be nice to find out more about this.
Marcello Julio

#4702 Post by Marcello Julio » 16 Aug 2022 21:25

If release Texas in early 2023 in favor of new companies, I'm fine with that. Of course, if currently many companies are already working for the 2D designers and the 3D designers team, I believe it will not be a problem and Texas releases this year.
VTXcnME

#4703 Post by VTXcnME » 16 Aug 2022 21:30

@Tristman Here's hoping. Going to be awful disappointed when every walbert is a recycled version of what's in New Mexico. LOL.

I'm hoping the blogs start ramping up for Texas with businesses and new industry. There's a lot we could and should be getting with Texas release.
Mooner_37

#4704 Post by Mooner_37 » 16 Aug 2022 21:57

Is it still too early to start with weekly Texas blogs? Or is the in two weeks a Texas blog still a pattern?
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
flight50

#4705 Post by flight50 » 16 Aug 2022 23:58

With Montana still in the spotlight, its too early for weekly Texas blogs. But they will go to bi-weekly blogs sooner or later.
AlexxxF1

#4706 Post by AlexxxF1 » 17 Aug 2022 03:30

Marcello Julio wrote: 16 Aug 2022 21:25 If release Texas in early 2023 in favor of new companies, I'm fine with that. Of course, if currently many companies are already working for the 2D designers and the 3D designers team, I believe it will not be a problem and Texas releases this year.
Texas has been in development since 2019, almost 4 years. it cannot be developed forever.
Last year we received only one DLC, Wyoming. if there is one DLC again this year, Montana, then it will be sad even more :!: .
VTXcnME wrote: 16 Aug 2022 20:59 Given the timeframe it's taken in my mind Texas needs two major things: 1)New industries and new cargo chains for deliveries. 2)New delivery point prefab buildings to diversify what already exists. Scenery towns need to be on point with not 100% recycled prefabs from old DLC's. Road network needs to be 100% on point. None of this "We should have gotten ..... roads". The different geographic biomes of Texas need to shine. Like SHINE. You should feel going from Southwestern Desert to edge of prairie lands, to more heavily forested eastern side. Cities need to be brilliant. Dallas Fort Worth area needs to blow people away. The major interstate exchanges need to be absolutely stellar. I want the Gulf of Mexico to look and feel like I'm at the Gulf of Mexico.
Walberts are overused. 100% overused. As I stated elswehere and above here: We need Costco/Target to diversify the Walbert prefab and we need Lowes/Menards to diversify the the Home Store delivery.

And the longer this all goes, the more perfect all of it has to be.
Mostly fans of companies and who generally notices them only on this forum in the main. On Steam, among the negative comments on any DLC, I did not notice that someone would complain about the small number of new companies every time. or noticed it at all, their absence. Even in Idaho where we got Zero new companies, how many positive reviews about Idaho DLC, and among the small number of negative reviews about the lack of new companies that their Zero is possible only 1-5 reviews, only 1%. Mostly complaints - few roads, few cities, optimization - all as always .
No matter how perfect Texas will be, people will still complain ) people love to complain ) the more you give them, the more they want and demand)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nevertheless, the main enterprises, if I am not mistaken in the USA, are located in the East - the Northern Industrial Belt and the Southeastern Industrial Belt. so that the chains have logic, I think getting the US East is very important. as fast as possible.
:idea: Perhaps that is why Pavel's goal and his beautiful dream, reach Florida as fast as possible in ATS, changed to - reach Great Lakes region as fast as possible.
dgvrnsky

#4707 Post by dgvrnsky » 17 Aug 2022 04:23

I really hope we'll see BUC-EE's (or ATS version) in TX :D
Trakaplex

#4708 Post by Trakaplex » 17 Aug 2022 04:54

VTXcnME wrote: 16 Aug 2022 20:59
flight50 wrote: 16 Aug 2022 15:34 I can agree with that. A copy paste for the vast majority of Texas won't win Texas any major brownie points. People will say it looks good, they did a great job......but. There will always be that but. The number of years it was developed will be a factor too. People's expectations are just high when you have that type of time involved. There's a lot that can go wrong with Texas just like there is a lot of good that can happen. What balance will we get? I just don't think its fair to get less than an ETS2 dlc when Texas is the first and only US state that compares to current ETS2 maps size wise. I doubt we get 33 new companies so 15-20 really isn't asking for a lot. Heck 5 of those will probably be one offs with sea ports and airports.

People already complain about copy paste as it is. Texas's size will make it even more obvious. I can't wait to see how many Wallberts Texas gets in total. I'm betting at least 25 or more. We are probably looking at 25-35 cites. Each city could have one. Not much of an issue there. The issue I have is cities getting multiple Wallberts when something else could have came instead. The fake Wallbert locations. How many fake Wallberts in Texas will come?
Given the timeframe it's taken in my mind Texas needs two major things: 1)New industries and new cargo chains for deliveries. 2)New delivery point prefab buildings to diversify what already exists. Scenery towns need to be on point with not 100% recycled prefabs from old DLC's. Road network needs to be 100% on point. None of this "We should have gotten ..... roads". The different geographic biomes of Texas need to shine. Like SHINE. You should feel going from Southwestern Desert to edge of prairie lands, to more heavily forested eastern side. Cities need to be brilliant. Dallas Fort Worth area needs to blow people away. The major interstate exchanges need to be absolutely stellar. Traffic needs to be improved enough to really feel the gridlock around some of the major exchanges. I want the Gulf of Mexico to look and feel like I'm at the Gulf of Mexico.

Walberts are overused. 100% overused. As I stated elswehere and above here: We need Costco/Target to diversify the Walbert prefab and we need Lowes/Menards to diversify the the Home Store delivery.

And the longer this all goes, the more perfect all of it has to be.
We do need more company diversity, because there are a few Wallberts in game that irl are Targets, such as in Pueblo. I am really hoping for a good DFW layout with I-30/I-20, space in between, everything. But the problem is that we know SCS hasn't dealt with the AI traffic in a long time, and would be a mess around Texas interchanges. It's something Pavel indeed promised in one stream, but it hasn't been talked about lately. If they do fix that, make sure to add jams in certain cities at times at day. Areas in cities that are choked with traffic, such as I-35E south of 8th or US-75 south of High Five.

They did do a good job with TX-35, they have Fulton, Port Lavaca, and Palacios... I'm surprised that they managed to do all that in 1:20. Yes, Texas can't be developed forever, but it's better to have more than less. We had a rushed Wyoming without Cody for nearly 11 months, and there are a few missing assets in Montana.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
fra_ba

#4709 Post by fra_ba » 17 Aug 2022 06:29

Tristman wrote: 16 Aug 2022 21:11 Company prefabs on the other hand, I'm not convinced from the blogs that they're bringing tons of new ones. They could still be in the making for all we know, but it would be nice to find out more about this.
Depends on how you define tons, but I expect around 15-20 new prefabs which is more than average of newly introduced prefabs in an ETS2 or ATS dlc.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#4710 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 10:10

Marcello Julio wrote: 16 Aug 2022 21:25 If release Texas in early 2023 in favor of new companies, I'm fine with that. Of course, if currently many companies are already working for the 2D designers and the 3D designers team, I believe it will not be a problem and Texas releases this year.
I drank a magic potion and grew a second pair of arms, we've got this dw
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram

Return to “General discussion about the game”