Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

Maverick_Knight

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#131 Post by Maverick_Knight » 30 Dec 2021 21:24

I don´t believe that SCS is not able to reproduce this behaviour!
xXCARL1992Xx

#132 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Dec 2021 21:26

if they could they would have fixed it already, i dont have any stutters at all, not in ETS or ATS, not with owned trailer or with freight market trailer, so choose who is right and who has a miss configurated PC
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
philbean

#133 Post by philbean » 01 Jan 2022 14:35

"miss configurated PC"
LOL. Good one.

I have a super PC thanks. More than capable of running ETS2 at top level.
ETS2 runs like a dream. Until I hook up an owned trailer... then it stutters every mile or so. Constantly.
Until I dump the trailer and go back to freight jobs.. then it runs like a dream again.

Its not rocket science to figure out whats causing the stutters.
xXCARL1992Xx

#134 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jan 2022 14:50

then why dont you help hm?, it clearly has something to do with your hardware configuration because i dont have any issues with it, doesnt matter what game, doesnt matter what truck or what type of trailer/job i take, i dont have any micro stutters not under normal gameplay, be it modded or vanilla and i didnt even had them with VR, where this would have been way more noticeable if the game starts to skip frames or starts to stutter/rubber band
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Digital X

#135 Post by Digital X » 01 Jan 2022 16:13

Just tested this myself, never bought a trailer until now.

I am not getting the stutters like the OP is. I've decked out a trailer as much as possible.

I'm unsure how to get a longer graph but it should be enough to see it's very flat at 5.6ms on average.

Frametime with owned trailer: https://i.imgur.com/5FXCqGt.jpg

Frametime without: https://i.imgur.com/IJcHFFY.jpg

100% Scaling, no SMAA or SSAO, 200% Reflection Scaling. Rest on max aside from mirror resolution due to NPI settings.

I'll change to a curtain trailer and drive and observe and see if that shows up anything different.

Edit: Just drove around Strasbourg with it and nothing like in the OP. Can provide a video if that would help.
Max
SCS Software

#136 Post by Max » 02 Jan 2022 20:02

Acrilix wrote: 30 Dec 2021 20:42
plykkegaard wrote: 27 Dec 2021 10:27 In order to fix it you need to be able to reproduce the problem
This is not true at all. In order to fix it you need to figure out the differences in the code, assets etc when driving with and without owned trailers and then isolate each possible culprit, getting people who are suffering from the problem to test any changes until the solution is found.
This has been an issue ever since owned trailers were introduced and the size of this thread and the number of views it's had compared to other technical issues shows that it is a major problem with this game and SCS should be making more of an effort to solve it.
well, without clear repro case, we can't confirm that we fixed the issue.
i could change anything in code and data and tell you its fixed, because i do not see the issue. and it quite clearly may not be fix at all ...
detecting difference in code/data is also useless as owned trailers are new feature and they are expecting to be different from any other trailer in game.
and we simply refuse to make experimental blind changes and release them public and then wait what is broken or fixed.

based on fact that it happens to someone only, and in ETS only, our working theory is that it is linked to data or its processing. owned trailers might be for some reason too expensive to handle (too many parts, materials, effects, drawcalls, ..) and with combination with rest of game data some computers may lag. ATS has smaller data footprint, thus it might work without mentioned issue (yet). also none did spotted if there is any timing between game start and the issue appearance (eg, when buffers are full, task pool depleted, gfx card warmed or similar) - i asked and got no definite response. so i suppose its not measureable at all or there is no accumulation phase.

but what is that rather expensive operation and what are hardware/software/other conditions that triggers it in clearly reproducible way is currently unknown (except that its linked to owned trailers).
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Pull My Finger

#137 Post by Pull My Finger » 21 Jun 2022 00:27

but what is that rather expensive operation and what are hardware/software/other conditions that triggers it in clearly reproducible way is currently unknown (except that its linked to owned trailers).
I have reinstalled the game several times since my last post and I gave up buying trailers a long time ago. I am still getting bad stuttering issues, mainly at intersections or very high traffic areas.

It is obviously not related to trailer ownership as I don't buy trailers. The issue is still as bad for me as it was initially. I have given up on the game and the hope that SCS might actually look into it and do something about it. Almost everyone I know who bought the game no longer play it for the same reason.

I would have thought that SCS might have looked into the issue and at least tried to address it for the thousands of people who have it, but it looks like if it isn't affecting them they are not going to bother.
xXCARL1992Xx

#138 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jun 2022 10:39

Reading the last few pages would be an option but it looks like even this is to hard for some people
[ external image ]
martinglight

#139 Post by martinglight » 18 Aug 2022 07:46

Dear fellow truckers.

In case you guys haven’t noticed, this issue has been fixed in the 1.45 update. Detailed discussions here.
You can start playing with your own trailers again.
Always underway.

System:
Windows 11 Pro
ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H D5
Intel Core i9 13900KF
32GB 6000MHz DDR5
Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 O24G
günther

#140 Post by günther » 21 Aug 2022 16:51

You claim on the basis of your tests that it is fixed. as long as scs does not write that, the problem still exists. because strangely enough I still have the problems on patch 1.45 with the stuttering despite a strong system.

Return to “Technical Problems”