how to add hood accessories?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drysyn

how to add hood accessories?

#1 Post by Drysyn » 19 Aug 2022 07:57

Hi, how do you add a hood accessory (hood ornament) to a truck? I would like to put a flying goddess on a Kenworth W900 but I have no idea how to even go about such things.
Reinhard

Re: how to add hood accessories?

#2 Post by Reinhard » 19 Aug 2022 09:25

Prerequisites:
  • General ability to create mods
  • Teaching yourself how to handle definition files for accessories (by analyzing existing accessory definition files)
  • Some experience in 3D modelling (Blender + Blender Tools, or Zmodeler)
Drysyn

#3 Post by Drysyn » 19 Aug 2022 13:30

Ok, I have dabbled making the odd truck skin here and there, but that's as far as I got, and that took me quite a while and didn't exactly turn out as it was supposed to to be honest.

Couldn't really copy the image I wanted right, but then again I was mostly using paint.net and euro studio 2 thingy so I'm surprised It even worked at all :D
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 19 Aug 2022 14:12

So it is about making a truck hood skin? If so, it seems I took the term "accessory", which has a special technical meaning in truck modding, a bit too literal.

Sorry, I've only skinned ETS 2 trucks, which of course don't have a hood - and anyway, that happened years ago. Wish you good luck, but I can't help you.
Drysyn

#5 Post by Drysyn » 19 Aug 2022 15:09

No, you were right about talking about something you put on the truck, I was just stating that I know little more than how to skin a truck, aka my knowledge is limited

Return to “Help requests”