ETS2 1.46 Speculation Thread

Evil_Jason

Re: ETS2 1.46 Speculation Thread

#81 Post by Evil_Jason » 14 Aug 2022 06:19

Some newbie driver wrote: 13 Aug 2022 11:30 It's supposed that if there's traffic in front of you, no high beam is allowed to be used. That's why all of them (default and added lights) are controlled on the same key button.

Regards
Sometimes the external high beams are too strong but the standard one is fine.
I did not mean that traffic is just a few feet in front of me. Then I use the normal beams. XD
I meant when the Ai and we are driving in the same direction and there is still quite some distance where I can see the rear lights already, that the normal highbeams are more appropirate than the external ones.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Some newbie driver

#82 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Aug 2022 08:09

I understood the scenario you meant, and the answer is the same. If you can see the rear beams of a vehicle, you should not use any high beam, period. Because it's dangerous and that's the reason it's illegal (in any civilized country). High beams, even regular ones, are more powerful than rear beams. If you can see rear beams in front of you, you can be sure your high beams are going to be noticed. Also, you have to understand than what we see from the rear driver's point of view is the light that has gone forward and bounced back. So, it's double the travel, something that dims A LOT the light we see due the inverse square law. But the driver in front of you is going to see the light WAY more strong than you, reflected to his face on the mirrors.

That's why it doesn't matter that we THINK the vehicle in front of us is far enough and the high beams seem to lighten it only "gently" if at all, you NEVER use a high beam if you can see vehicles in front of you.

That's IRL of course, in the game the AI don't care so much about that. But SCS could do it, after all they already detect it (the cars flash at us when crossing them using high beams); and they could decide to activate a fine about it (I could imagine the roar on the forums if they ever do it :lol:). So, that's why I don't think they change the fact that high beams are all activated at once. Although I agree that it could be nice to get rid the F4 menu for some things. But essentially what they had to do is to finally accept key modifiers (shift, control, alt) on the key mapping GUI (it can be done only manually editing the config files). Because we really ran out of keys time ago and new additions (like the suspension one) only worse the problem.

It could be nice also that the lights selection config could remain through saves; I stopped caring about use that lights bored of having to re-activate them every time. Or at least in the past that's what happened, if they fixed it I really don't know because I don't use them anymore for what happened back in time.

Regards
Evil_Jason

#83 Post by Evil_Jason » 14 Aug 2022 08:21

I know it is rude to use high beams when I can see the cars in front of me. Especially in real life.

But here in the Sim world it is not that of a bif deal (yet).
Also the extra key bndings would make it nicer driving in the night when I have upgraded the truck, because the game does deactivate the external high beams each time. I like to use the mwhen I have insallted them.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Sergeo1994

#84 Post by Sergeo1994 » 19 Aug 2022 05:24

what I would like to see in version 1.46:🤔
1. improved traffic 🚗
2. Graphics 👍
3. DLC "Heart of Russia" 🇷🇺
4. A new truck (Volvo FH 5 or MAN TGX) or a big alteration of existing trucks. 🚛
I hope that the SCS team will please the fans of the game in honor of the anniversary of the game!👍😊💯
Trucker Nik

#85 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Aug 2022 14:16

I would like more rework German cities, and ownable semi-trailers for the transport of glass and ownable semi-trailers for cattle, ATS has it for a long time and ETS2 does not :cry: :cry:
tomprice98

#86 Post by tomprice98 » 19 Aug 2022 15:53

Sergeo1994 wrote: 19 Aug 2022 05:24 what I would like to see in version 1.46:🤔
1. improved traffic 🚗
2. Graphics 👍
3. DLC "Heart of Russia" 🇷🇺
4. A new truck (Volvo FH 5 or MAN TGX) or a big alteration of existing trucks. 🚛
I hope that the SCS team will please the fans of the game in honor of the anniversary of the game!👍😊💯
WE won't be getting HoR until the war in Ukraine is over, I can tell you that much
Sergeo1994

#87 Post by Sergeo1994 » 19 Aug 2022 17:13

tomprice98 wrote: 19 Aug 2022 15:53
Sergeo1994 wrote: 19 Aug 2022 05:24 what I would like to see in version 1.46:
1. improved traffic
2. Graphics
3. DLC "Heart of Russia"
4. A new truck (Volvo FH 5 or MAN TGX) or a big alteration of existing trucks.
I hope that the SCS team will please the fans of the game in honor of the anniversary of the game!
WE won't be getting HoR until the war in Ukraine is over, I can tell you that much

Time will show. It will be a profitable project for them, despite all the events that are happening now. And developers, like any other gaming company, the main thing is profit.
alluke

#88 Post by alluke » 20 Aug 2022 10:40

Sergeo1994 wrote: 19 Aug 2022 17:13 Time will show. It will be a profitable project for them, despite all the events that are happening now. And developers, like any other gaming company, the main thing is profit.
How could it be profitable when the main buyer group cannot buy it due to sanctions? HoR will see daylight after the bald midget hangs from lightpole on Red Square.
VirtualTruckTravels

#89 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 20 Aug 2022 12:54

can people please stop pretending that only players from a given region of a DLC is the only customers of said DLC. or do you believe that only people from Iberia region bought the Iberia DLC? the logic that is put forward regarding HoR DLC is ridicouless.
Sergeo1994

#90 Post by Sergeo1994 » 20 Aug 2022 13:29

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 20 Aug 2022 12:54 can people please stop pretending that only players from a given region of a DLC is the only customers of said DLC. or do you believe that only people from Iberia region bought the Iberia DLC? the logic that is put forward regarding HoR DLC is ridicouless.
Here I agree with you. People and players in ETC from different parts of the planet are playing. And let's say I'm from Russia, but I bought Iberia. "The "Heart of Russia" can be bought in Brazil, Germany and any other country. Therefore, the main thing is the opinion of the players and this DLC will be a very profitable project for developers.

Return to “General discussion about the game”