[Reoccuring] Virtual Reality Menu/Map Support Suddenly Dropped

Beardwing

[Reoccuring] Virtual Reality Menu/Map Support Suddenly Dropped

#1 Post by Beardwing » 19 Aug 2022 23:20

I noticed my OP was all over the place so I'm editting it to read a little better. Sorry for that.
1) Been playing on and off all day, mostly convoys. Instead of closing the game for breaks I just parked and left the game running while still in Convoy play. I'm not sure if this is relevant to the issue or not
2) The last Convoy I played prior to the original post I noticed an issue where whenever I'd try to access the main menu or world map the screen would just freeze and shake. Back out of either would still allow me back into the game as normal.
3) In my haste I immediately closed the game via the Steam game menu. The game was not closed properly via the menu as I hadn't realized at the time I still had menu and map access on my social screen.
4) After a few attempts of trying to fire the game up in vr I noticed I had menu access through the social screen, fired up the game and noticed the prompt you see every time you leave a Convoy server asking if you want that progress to carry over or not. I accepted that and after a restart I was able to start ATS in VR.
5) I'm still encountering the screen freeze/shake issue in my headset whenever I try to access the menu or map, although I can still select options from my social screen.
Last edited by Beardwing on 06 Sep 2022 02:29, edited 4 times in total.
Alcohaulin' LLC - Phoenix, AZ
Specs: Lenovo Legion w/ Win 11 Pro 64-bit, i9-13900KF (32 CPUs), RTX 4080 16GB, 32GB RAM & Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link
Beardwing

Re: Virtual Reality Support Suddenly Dropped

#2 Post by Beardwing » 20 Aug 2022 00:22

Update 1: VR capability came back after moving past the screen that shows up after you leave a Convoy (save session progress, disregard session progress, etc. Seems I closedout my last session improperlyand that caused the first issue) but now all menu options are only showing up on the social screen (map, options, etc) and no longer on the vr headset. When trying to access said menus the game freezes and shakes in the headset, although I can still select options and get back into the game after. As an add, I'm running a clean game, no mods.
Last edited by Beardwing on 20 Aug 2022 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Specs: Lenovo Legion w/ Win 11 Pro 64-bit, i9-13900KF (32 CPUs), RTX 4080 16GB, 32GB RAM & Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link
room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 20 Aug 2022 06:12

Recently there was a Steam client update. In fact consecutive for me yesterday. Could that ahve something to do with it?
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Beardwing

#4 Post by Beardwing » 20 Aug 2022 15:10

room217au wrote: 20 Aug 2022 06:12 Recently there was a Steam client update. In fact consecutive for me yesterday. Could that ahve something to do with it?
I hadn't noticed the update. Thank you for the heads up. I'll check other Steam sources to see if there's other associated programs that need validation.
Beardwing

#5 Post by Beardwing » 22 Aug 2022 16:35

Ways I've tried to remedy my issue:
Fresh reinstall of ATS
Graphics driver update verification
ATS and SteamVR files verified
Windows updates verified
Loading ATS in all four modes (DX11 is the way I usually fire up the game)
Rolling back to 1.44 beta

Still unable to access the game menu and map menu via the HMD, which means the game fires up in flat screen only until I load a save. Once in game it still freezes and shakes when trying to access the map or menu.

[Solved]
In the Steam Launch Options under general replaced:

-openvr

with

-oculus

Game fired up in VR and works just as it did. This bypasses the SteamVR launch requirement. Some update between Oculus and SteamVR caused some kinda conflict. No more issues.
Beardwing

Re: [Reoccuring] Virtual Reality Menu/Map Support Suddenly Dropped

#6 Post by Beardwing » 06 Sep 2022 02:25

This has happened once again, dead in the middle of gameplay just like last time, only now with the -oculus command. I've made no changes to my headset, system, game or Steam that I'm aware of as I'm in the middle of gameplay when this happens. Just as before the game loads up fine in the HMD, I'm able to navigate the menu, load my save and play. Throughout my playthrough I access my map and menu for various reasons with no issue when suddenly I access either once again and I'm met with a frozen screen in my HMD. I lift my HMD and look to monitor to see I'm still able to navigate the menu or map. I leave the map and gameplay resumes in my HMD. To reiterate, I've made no changes to anything, this happens while I'm playing ATS.

I've tried:
Replacing -oculus with -openvr
Putting both -oculus and -openvr in the command line simultaneously
Reverting back to the -oculus command
Verifying ATS file integrity via Steam
Verifying Windows, Nvidia, etc drivers up to date

I'm only interested in playing this game in VR, I understand we make up a small demographic and that this is exclusively a beta we're merely privileged to try out but it's understandably frustrating considering I ate crow earlier assuming this issue was on my end.

game.log:
https://pastebin.com/pDkfcDDb

crash.log:
N/A

Return to “Bugs 1.45”