Customs

MrBroodjesBakker

Customs

#1 Post by MrBroodjesBakker » 23 Sep 2022 16:14

with the upcoming DLC of the west balkans I would love to see customs shipments in the game. Customs for countries outside of the EU need custom papers and I think it might add some kind of risk to the routes to those countries. Maybe you have to drive to the customs on the border or to a special customs location or maybe to the company that needs the freight to declare the customs. countries like UK, Norway, Switserland or Turkey or in the coming DLC like Bosnia need customs and maybe some within the EU and that there´s a reliability % of how likely it is to pass customs? In example if a freight goes from Germany to Turkey there might be a 70% reliability that means there's a 70% chance of passing with no problems and when it fails that the waiting time becomes hours or days (skipped just like when loading) and that it might mean you'll be late to the delivery. Maybe when the chance is like 30% it also means a higher payout if you do succeed.
Vk56dehan

Re: Customs

#2 Post by Vk56dehan » 27 Sep 2022 20:43

MrBroodjesBakker wrote: 23 Sep 2022 16:14 with the upcoming DLC of the west balkans I would love to see customs shipments in the game. Customs for countries outside of the EU need custom papers and I think it might add some kind of risk to the routes to those countries. Maybe you have to drive to the customs on the border or to a special customs location or maybe to the company that needs the freight to declare the customs. countries like UK, Norway, Switserland or Turkey or in the coming DLC like Bosnia need customs and maybe some within the EU and that there´s a reliability % of how likely it is to pass customs? In example if a freight goes from Germany to Turkey there might be a 70% reliability that means there's a 70% chance of passing with no problems and when it fails that the waiting time becomes hours or days (skipped just like when loading) and that it might mean you'll be late to the delivery. Maybe when the chance is like 30% it also means a higher payout if you do succeed.
I would like this, it would give a little more dimension into choosing jobs. Right now the only real choice is how far and for how much.....not too interesting. If there was a "risk" factor or any other considerations when picking a job it would make it much more interesting. Overweight would be another factor that could be implemented.......at least 'overall' weight at a minimum if they didnt wanna go into axle loads. Right now you hit a weigh station in either game (turkey in ets2 that I can remember) there are no worries. Seems like a pointless half baked feature if you ask me. At least give basic fines and a warning before accepting job like "cargo weight is beyond vehicle configuration limits" or something.
Last edited by Vk56dehan on 30 Sep 2022 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
MrBroodjesBakker

#3 Post by MrBroodjesBakker » 28 Sep 2022 09:11

Vk56dehan wrote: 27 Sep 2022 20:43
MrBroodjesBakker wrote: 23 Sep 2022 16:14 with the upcoming DLC of the west balkans I would love to see customs shipments in the game. Customs for countries outside of the EU need custom papers and I think it might add some kind of risk to the routes to those countries. Maybe you have to drive to the customs on the border or to a special customs location or maybe to the company that needs the freight to declare the customs. countries like UK, Norway, Switserland or Turkey or in the coming DLC like Bosnia need customs and maybe some within the EU and that there´s a reliability % of how likely it is to pass customs? In example if a freight goes from Germany to Turkey there might be a 70% reliability that means there's a 70% chance of passing with no problems and when it fails that the waiting time becomes hours or days (skipped just like when loading) and that it might mean you'll be late to the delivery. Maybe when the chance is like 30% it also means a higher payout if you do succeed.
I would like this, it would give a little more dimension into choosing jobs. Right now the only real choice is how far and for how much.....not too interesting. If there was a "risk" factor or any other considerations when picking a job it would make it much more interesting. Overweight would be another factor that could be implemented.......at least 'overall' weight at a minimum if they didnt wanna go into axle loads. Right now you hit a weigh station in either game (turkey in ets2 that I can remember) there are now worries. Seems like a pointless half baked feature if you ask me. At least give basic fines and a warning before accepting job like "cargo weight is beyond vehicle configuration limits" or something.
I would like to see the overweight option as well since it gives a bit more in depth of the game but I think that might be a licensing issue? maybe the manufacturers don't like their trucks being used for "illegal" things. I do know that if you have damage on your truck they say 'be careful next time' but I would personally grab a 3 axle semi low loader and put the locomotive on it XD
Vk56dehan

#4 Post by Vk56dehan » 28 Sep 2022 12:32

MrBroodjesBakker wrote: 28 Sep 2022 09:11
Vk56dehan wrote: 27 Sep 2022 20:43

I would like this, it would give a little more dimension into choosing jobs. Right now the only real choice is how far and for how much.....not too interesting. If there was a "risk" factor or any other considerations when picking a job it would make it much more interesting. Overweight would be another factor that could be implemented.......at least 'overall' weight at a minimum if they didnt wanna go into axle loads. Right now you hit a weigh station in either game (turkey in ets2 that I can remember) there are now worries. Seems like a pointless half baked feature if you ask me. At least give basic fines and a warning before accepting job like "cargo weight is beyond vehicle configuration limits" or something.
I would like to see the overweight option as well since it gives a bit more in depth of the game but I think that might be a licensing issue? maybe the manufacturers don't like their trucks being used for "illegal" things. I do know that if you have damage on your truck they say 'be careful next time' but I would personally grab a 3 axle semi low loader and put the locomotive on it XD
In that case, even tho it would still make the stations pointless, have the overweight warning message and dont allow us to haul it. That would also give us more reason to upgrade our trucks for something other than to go faster and look cooler. If we wanted the heavier loads, upgrade the truck/trailer as such. Permits can even be half a$$ simulated if you wanted. As far as customs checks go, that too could probably just be a notification of the % possibility on load acceptance as well like u said. Though if "illegal stuff" is a game or license issue we again would always be good in the end but, the time lapsed time sink you said would be good. Im from the states but ive heard of people sitting at customs for days. The only problem with this is what gameplay value does it provide to the player? At least weight related things give a larger purpose to the upgrade system.
Davina

#5 Post by Davina » 28 Sep 2022 13:04

Agree some additional depth should be applied to the border controls process, but please be aware this game must be suitable & appropriate for all players.

Weight-wise, anything that exceeds the per-axle limit should simply not be available in the job market. E.g if you have just a single axle curtain (like I do at the minute as I am driving my Stralis 310 for the next 10000km) then the max should be 8t as the limit is 4.25t per contact patch.
Vk56dehan

#6 Post by Vk56dehan » 28 Sep 2022 17:42

Davina wrote: 28 Sep 2022 13:04 Agree some additional depth should be applied to the border controls process, but please be aware this game must be suitable & appropriate for all players.

Weight-wise, anything that exceeds the per-axle limit should simply not be available in the job market. E.g if you have just a single axle curtain (like I do at the minute as I am driving my Stralis 310 for the next 10000km) then the max should be 8t as the limit is 4.25t per contact patch.
If scs did ever incorporate weight restrictions based on vehicle configuration, I really dont think they will go as far as individual axle weights. I think it would be more basic as loads, fifth wheels, and bogies can be shifted to provide legal axle loads. For instance for ats, if your current truck and trailer weighs 38k wet and is a 5 axle configuration then any load 42k lbs or under should be allowed as that is the standard here(80k). Or I think 66 or 68k lbs for a 4x2 and tandem trailer. Same rules should apply in europe for whatever their laws are (Idk standard I think is 88k lbs total for a 5 axle setup). Obviously states and countries differ so the weights would be applied accordingly if encountered during your route. Also like I said, permits (if needed) could kinda just be an automated message or something Idk. Where as I feel border crossings need more depth I dont really know what it does for the gameplay. The only thing to keep the game "all ages" is to simulate the random inspection time lapse and be good to go at the end.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”