Location dependent cargo generation

knox_xss

Location dependent cargo generation

#1 Post by knox_xss » 24 Sep 2022 20:27

I propose to add to the cargo generation algorithm the ability to specify the exact place where particular cargo is created. This will make it possible to create loads that are unique to each individual area.

For example, the city of Dresden is famous for its Dresden porcelain. Then why not arrange for one of the companies in Dresden - Transinet, for example - to export, among other things, also Dresden porcelain?

To do this, you do not need to create a new prefab, a new company or change the map. It is enough to implement one optional, but already known option: suitable_for[].

Let me explain with an example. Let's say we have a new cargo - "porcelain" (/def/cargo/porcelain.sui).
Now we make it so that it is generated by Transinet and only in Dresden: we create a file /def/company/transinet/out/porcelain.sii...

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
cargo_def : .porcelain {
 cargo: "cargo.porcelain"
 suitable_for[]: "city.dresden"
}
} 
It's simple. If the suitable_for[] option is not present, then the cargo is generated as usual - for all Transinet companies in all cities.
If the suitable_for[] option is present, then the cargo is generated only in the specified cities.

I am sure that the cargoes, unique for each individual area, will raise the logistics in the game to a sufficiently high level, which will positively affect the interest in the game itself. ;)
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”