Anyone Good at Wiper Animations?

Outlaw Transport

Anyone Good at Wiper Animations?

#1 Post by Outlaw Transport » 25 Sep 2022 12:39

I've gotten used to not having documentation on anything and finding myself reverse engineering most things by process of pure luck. But the one issue that is effectively holding up my entire truck is the interior wiper animation.

I have the same type of movements along the, seemingly, same axis as the SCS trucks' wipers, but I'm still getting "Non-continual (scissors like) movement detected" error on the center bones. And as a result, or maybe a separate problem(?), it does not clear rain. An error that takes me to this thread with the same issue that really doesn't answer the question. @50keda added some illustrations that, no matter how long and hard I look at them, makes absolutely no sense.

I've tried everything from switching every axis and pivot point, started over from scratch a number of times and I'm completely lost.
The main limitation of trying to solve this is the actual movement is exactly how it should be. And I've run out of things to try that doesn't ruin the correct motion of each wiper.

Any ideas on what the deal is?

The bone setup:
[ external image ]

The animation:
[ external image ]

Thanks,
MatzeH

Re: Anyone Good at Wiper Animations?

#2 Post by MatzeH » 27 Sep 2022 13:53

Your wiper-blades bones pointing the wrong direction. They should point the direction they initially move. Can't give you a picture (at work right now) but i would describe it as a jetfighter flying low over the ground. In the picture above, rotate the left blade-bone 90 degree counter-clockwise and the right bone 90 deg clockwise.
LeynerN31

Re: Anyone Good at Wiper Animations?

#3 Post by LeynerN31 » 04 May 2023 10:35

May I know how you solved it?
I am having the same problem with my peterbilt 379.
I've done wiper animations before and I haven't had any problems, but here I do
I don't know what to do lol
[ external image ]

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes pity on me and manages to help me lol

Return to “Blender Tools”