[PAUSED] Nando CEV's 1:1 scale map based in northern Spain

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Nando CEV

[PAUSED] Nando CEV's 1:1 scale map based in northern Spain

#1 Post by Nando CEV » 01 Jul 2022 15:25

¡Hola, hola!, hello there everybody!, I'm Nando CEV, a content creator on YouTube that uploads daily videos about this game, ATS, and some other driving related ones.

Some months ago I decided to make a map, well, to be fair, I decided to learn how to make a map.
At first, I had 0 idea, I didn't even know how to start the map editor hehe..., but well, time has pass, I have already spent around 20 hours on the map editor (I know, it's nothing, but I'm starting to get used to the controls at least :O)
Now that I'm on holidays for quite a while, I have decided to start uploading videos to YouTube about me creating the map and I have also decided that it is time to create a new topic here, so more people get notified.
The first thing I want to share it's the playlist I'm creating on YouTube, the videos are time-lapses, therefore they might not be useful to learn, but I think it's quite cool to see how something starts and then how it finishes.

[ external image ] <- CLICK THE PHOTO, DIRECT LINK

With that, out of the way, let's start talking about the map!:
  • The idea is quite simple, I want to represent the north of Spain, more precisely Cantabria, the region where I live. The "problem" is that it is not an easy task as it is a very montaneous region and I still don't know how to properly add them (but I will at some point I hope haha).
  • As the subject of the topic says, the map will be based on real life but fictional, with some places maybe being extremely close to real life (as long as I can) but others might be completely made up by me.
  • I will release the map for free for everybody, I might give beta versions or something similar to supporters, but it's not time, neither the place, to talk about it.
  • I'm going to upload some photos here as I keep progressing on the map, feel free to ask questions or even give me ideas
That will be all for now, happy trucking everyone!
Last edited by Nando CEV on 09 Jul 2023 11:18, edited 4 times in total.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7-12700kf | AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | 32” 4K + 34” 21:9 1440p | Thrustmaster TS-PC + Logitech G29 pedals + Thrustmaster TH8A with 18 speed knob
Nando CEV

Re: [WIP] Nando CEV's 1:1 scale map, real life based, fictional, north Spain

#2 Post by Nando CEV » 01 Jul 2022 15:33

Here are some photos I have already made, they are basically the thumbnails of my videos but well, you can get an idea:
[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7-12700kf | AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | 32” 4K + 34” 21:9 1440p | Thrustmaster TS-PC + Logitech G29 pedals + Thrustmaster TH8A with 18 speed knob
NewBeeTrucker

#3 Post by NewBeeTrucker » 13 Jul 2022 06:34

Hi Nando! This is great! I'm also new to map modding and just learning the basic now. I was able to create my own basic map that is working ingame with jobs. I'm also trying to learn and research now on how I can change the map editor map scale to which scale I want. Right now I'm thinking to recreate my province also with 1:5 map scale. I saw a setting in map editor > tools > settings > Map scale. Now the confusing part for my end LOL! There's two configuration there Normal = 19 and City = 3.
From what I gather if I want to create a map scale of 1:5 I need to change the value or Normal from 19 to 5 (if i'm correct hopefully LOL) then I don't know what to do with City. should i change it also to synch with my map scale plan?

You also said that you are going to share your journey creating maps. Hoping you can also include how to properly setup the map scale and how to recreate the actual road distance from google map(actual location) to map editor.

I will follow this thread now and good luck to you brother! :)
Nando CEV

#4 Post by Nando CEV » 21 Jul 2022 12:28

Hello friend, sorry for answering so late..., I just didn't receive any notification, or I didn't notice it. Thanks for the kind words hehe.
About the scale, I have to say I have no idea, I know, or at least I think I know that, for a 1:1 scale map you change both, the normal and the city scale to 1:1 but for 1:5 no idea :P
About the recreation of roads from Google Maps into the map editor..., well, I'm sorry to say this but I don't use that method at all, some roads I create are totally fictional and some others are a mere "illusion" of what I use in my daily commutes, I might actually add some 1:1 aspect roads in the future, but for now..., everything is imaginary :)
Thanks a lot, good luck to you too! :P
[ external image ]
Nando CEV

#5 Post by Nando CEV » 01 Aug 2022 11:32

Hello there truckers! I decided to upload some more photos to the post to keep it updated, remember you can always take a look at my YouTube playlist, we have already 9 videos on it! :O

[ external image ] <- CLICK THE PHOTO, DIRECT LINK

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Nando CEV

#6 Post by Nando CEV » 06 Sep 2022 13:47

Hello! After some time I decided to come back to the project (I mean, it's been only like a month but...) and did some more progress. Here is my latest video :D
[ external image ]
ZeFrango

#7 Post by ZeFrango » 06 Sep 2022 16:10

nice, work in 1:1 not easy
Nando CEV

#8 Post by Nando CEV » 08 Sep 2022 18:16

I'm noticing it haha, just a simple and small road took me over 1 hour in total (I'm also pretty slow, but I'm learning haha) :P
[ external image ]
the vanill

#9 Post by the vanill » 14 Sep 2022 17:15

gran trabajo paisano
great job countryman
Nando CEV

#10 Post by Nando CEV » 27 Sep 2022 09:27

HAHAHA, thanks amigo! :P
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”