[SOLVED] Brightness/reflection difference with same texture and extruded object.

ChiliBeef

[SOLVED] Brightness/reflection difference with same texture and extruded object.

#1 Post by ChiliBeef » 14 Sep 2022 19:09

I've looked online about this and the results I found were not relevant nor helpful in explaining how to fix this issue. So I'll ask here and hope someone can provide some insight on this.

I'm trying to make an inner door panel. I'm using the same texture as the inner walls. If I cut out a section of the inner wall to be the door or even extrude the wall and then separate the selection, the material always becomes incredibly brighter and very reflective. Why? The thickness of the object is the same (online searching found this might be an issue, but not in my case). I'm using the default lighting in the scene, I haven't messed with anything there. Vertex color is set to 0.5. I have not messed with the levels of anything on the material, so why is it doing this?

The only way to circumvent this is to create a new mesh and form it to be the shape I want.

[ external image ]

Is there something dumb in Blender to where you can duplicate an object, slightly adjust it, and it thinks, "Right, it's from the same object and has the same material, I'm going to just brighten it up and make it more reflective than a mirror." ?
Last edited by ChiliBeef on 18 Nov 2022 19:41, edited 2 times in total.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
galimim

Re: Brightness/reflection difference with same texture and extruded object.

#2 Post by galimim » 14 Sep 2022 19:27

Check vertex colour. Should be 0,5.
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ChiliBeef

#3 Post by ChiliBeef » 14 Sep 2022 22:12

Vertex color is at 0.5.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
MatzeH

#4 Post by MatzeH » 27 Sep 2022 13:55

Maybe try to recalculate vertex normals.

Return to “Blender Tools”