Trailer disappears after I used the ferry

Metalalbert

Trailer disappears after I used the ferry

#1 Post by Metalalbert » 27 Sep 2022 13:25

Hello everyone, I registered on this forum just now and tried to search for my particular issue but I couldn't find what I needed.

I am running the core game without any mods installed. Today I decided to try my hand at a job that required me to take a ferry from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands. I took the ferry but after arriving in the Netherlands my trailer had disappeared and was nowhere to be found. The job had also disappeared.

I am now wondering if:

- This had to do with the time left on the job? I.e., when it for example says you have 18 hours to complete it but haven't delivered within that time frame will the job and trailer disappear?
- This is a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Trailer disappears after I used the ferry

#2 Post by Madkine » 27 Sep 2022 13:30

All I can say is it doesn't relate to the time remaining. That will never cause a job to simply disappear.

Was this a WoT job?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
m1keY

#3 Post by m1keY » 27 Sep 2022 16:11

jobs expires after a certain time ... as you mentioned you also took the ferry ...how many hours was that journey .... guess someone else got there first 😋

take another job closer to your location next time
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 28 Sep 2022 07:52

Oh, you hadn't picked it up yet, in that case yes it will expire before you get there.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Metalalbert

#5 Post by Metalalbert » 28 Sep 2022 12:28

It was a WoT job yes.

And no, I did pick it up. It was a job from Edinburgh to Amsterdam, but once I arrived at Europoort the trailer had disappeared. Probably because the remaining time for the job had expired.

So, just for my peace of mind, did the trailer disappear because the time remaining for the job expired or because of a bug? I don't mind upgrading my truck so I might be able to complete jobs faster as I only started playing last week, but it would be nice to know how or what. I'll stick to other jobs for now, and see if I can get into international deliveries later on.

Thanks for the help so far :)
Last edited by Metalalbert on 28 Sep 2022 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 28 Sep 2022 13:57

It absolutely was not due to time expiring. I've delivered WOT jobs 2-3 days late before.

It's a bug or something else.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Metalalbert

#7 Post by Metalalbert » 28 Sep 2022 14:48

Ah. So we can rule that out then.

Maybe it has to do then with the maximum distance I can deliver? When I took this job that particular skill level was at level 2, which equivalents to 500 kilometres I believe. Not sure if it's connected or not, just juggling thoughts here.

I am slightly confused with two things though. Some jobs say time remaining: ... and others say offer expires in ... I'm not sure if I translated it correctly since I am running the Dutch version of the game, but I think the first one basically means the job expires in the amount of time listed / needs to be finished within that time frame, and the second one means the job just disappears of the list of available jobs after the said amount of time?

I could be very wrong here but that's how I understand it. Regardless I really like the game. Thinking of getting some DLC some time soon...
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 28 Sep 2022 22:29

Job expires in should mean you haven't picked up the trailer yet and only have X time to do so.
Time remaining should mean you have the trailer and this is the time left to deliver with no penalty.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Metalalbert

#9 Post by Metalalbert » 29 Sep 2022 12:45

Right. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”